X-Men: The Complete Age Of Apocalypse Epic Book 1 TPB

AoA is awesome.

AoA is totally worth every penny.
I have every issue, otherwise I'd buy the trades.
And to be honest I've been thinking about it.

I'm looking more forward to Book two, which has more of the actual story bits, rather than the prologue to the original series...

I :heart: Age of Apocalypse

What's good is that Bryan Hitch drew for it, too. At least I think. I saw some Dark Beast drawing of his in a handbook.

What's good about it, DB? I would have to say (IMO) that it gives us a story where Apocalypse actually reigns, and its not so peechy as the stories would be compared to it where he doesnt win. And seeing other heroes as bad guys, is a cool tiny twist, too. As well as different "takes" on characters like Cyclops and Havok, yet their coreness is still the same.

icemastertron said:
What's good is that Bryan Hitch drew for it, too. At least I think. I saw some Dark Beast drawing of his in a handbook.

What's good about it, DB? I would have to say (IMO) that it gives us a story where Apocalypse actually reigns, and its not so peechy as the stories would be compared to it where he doesnt win. And seeing other heroes as bad guys, is a cool tiny twist, too. As well as different "takes" on characters like Cyclops and Havok, yet their coreness is still the same.

So in essence it was an Ultimate like series, just branched off 616 in an alternate timeline with lasting effects in the regular 616 timeline. I've just heard a lot about it and wondered.

DIrishB said:
So in essence it was an Ultimate like series, just branched off 616 in an alternate timeline with lasting effects in the regular 616 timeline. I've just heard a lot about it and wondered.
Pretty much. It wouldn't exist if it wasn't for an event in 616.

icemastertron said:
Pretty much. It wouldn't exist if it wasn't for an event in 616.

This is true. And what was the point of the sequel (besides making money)? Do they go back to that alternate reality or something? Or does it just show whats been going on in the AoA reality (assuming 616 and the AoA worlds are in the same multi-verse).

DIrishB said:
This is true. And what was the point of the sequel (besides making money)? Do they go back to that alternate reality or something? Or does it just show whats been going on in the AoA reality (assuming 616 and the AoA worlds are in the same multi-verse).
It was just to show how the world is at the point. It was an anniversary event (10 years) because the event did really well back than. And yes, they are in the same multi-verse.

icemastertron said:
It was just to show how the world is at the point. It was an anniversary event (10 years) because the event did really well back than. And yes, they are in the same multi-verse.

Cool, thanks for the info.

Is this new set of Hardcovers going to also include the sequel anniversary stories, or just the originals?

It's collecting the originals, in 4 volumes. The 2nd one was said to come out in November or so, so we'll see. The first one is $29.99.

X-Men Alpha

Astonishing X-Men 1-4
Amazing X-Men 1-4
X-Man 1-4
X-Calibre 1-4
Factor X 1-4
Generation Next 1-4
Gambit & the X-Ternals 1-4
X-Men Chronicles 1-2
X-Universe 1-2

X-Men Omega

That was the original run.

Blink 1-4 touched on the Negative Zone...

And there were some other things published later to coincide with the original run, either as a prequel, or a parallel story...

Astonishing was the best, the AoA Magneto is still one of my absolute favorite characters in Comics, ever....

I have both Omega and Alpha in their sexy Chrome covers

I only got to read the 2 X-Men AoA titles, as well as X-Men Alpha and X-Men Omega. In 10 years never forgot about them, it was one of the greatest stories ive ever read. I had been hoping theyde make trades of it. Dunno bout book 1, since that wasnt part of the original series, but i'll be getting book2 onwards

Nurhachi said:
I only got to read the 2 X-Men AoA titles, as well as X-Men Alpha and X-Men Omega. In 10 years never forgot about them, it was one of the greatest stories ive ever read. I had been hoping theyde make trades of it. Dunno bout book 1, since that wasnt part of the original series, but i'll be getting book2 onwards
What do you mean it wasnt part of the original series?

The Blink series and all that. Didnt they come a few years after the first AoA set of comics as flashbacks?

Dr.Strangefate said:
X-Men Alpha

Astonishing X-Men 1-4
Amazing X-Men 1-4
X-Man 1-4
X-Calibre 1-4
Factor X 1-4
Generation Next 1-4
Gambit & the X-Ternals 1-4
X-Men Chronicles 1-2
X-Universe 1-2

X-Men Omega

That was the original run.
what about x-men prime?

I thought weapon x and generation next were the best in the series. the high points being when (Spoiler alert) Wolverine (weapon x) killed peirce with his other set of claws the ones that every one thought got ruby quartzed by the one eye, and of course generation next when colossus leaves all those kids he trained to die in the sugarman tunnels. now that i think about it maybe weapon x wasn't one of the best ones but it did have one of the most climactic events in it. So I'll withdraw my vote for weapon x even though he was my favorite character and just say generation next was my favorite book and storyline and art. a close second was x-calibre because nightcrawler was a real killer.

Latest posts

Back