X-Men: The Last Stand discussion !!!SPOILERS!!!

How would you rate X3

• Total voters
Ice said:
That's not Kid Omega. Where did you get that? That kid is Quill. Kid Omega was the boy from "Riot at Xaviers", with the pink mowhawk-style haircut, Quentin Quire. Came back in "Phoenix: Endsong".
The credits. Quill-boy is "Kid Omega".

Just saw it, so here are Random's official thoughts...

I ****ING HATED IT!!!!!

I wanted it to be good I really did but it sucked soo much. I absolutely hated it. They had way too much in the film and it just made everything go no where.

Fist a foremost Cyclops, the original X-men , the man with the first and last name starting with the same letter, the guy who had the most potential bites it in a very gay way, sorry Strangfate but it was extremely gay. I've voice my opinion many times but basically he had the most potential for drama and a great performance which we never had the chance for in other movies.

Xaiver dieing was stupid you cant have the X-men movie without him and that last scene didnt make up for it, its like Ratner saw the film and thought thats stupid and decided to bring him back.

We did not get enough Beast in here, another one that had good potiential for story but didnt have enough time (which is their major problem), I want to see the conflict within him about the "cure" being an outcast all his life we had a taste with him and Leech but not follow through.

Where the hell was Rogue? She's been a major character in the series we should have watched her in that moment she accepted it, which I didn't like cause it was just there, there was no investment in it. Its a life changing choice and we should of been their during the final arguements in her head. And I hate love triangles but they clearly didnt resolve anything and should have.

Also where was Angel? he had like 4 lines the entire movie, he should of been with them on the black bird and helping out during the final hour, helping evacuate and all that. I also felt the scene with him cutting his wings should of been darker, like him in the corner of a dark room on a dark night cutting him self. I also hated the window break, no way he broke through a skyscraped window with such ease and no cuts, but thats just me

The characters thrown in with random powers. Callisto was made into a chick with superspeed that could track mutants and with no eyepatch? I just check uncannyxmen.net and it says "heightened strength, agility, reflexes, and sensory perceptions, regenerative powers, arms have been transformed into multiple suction tentacles" now you could argue that sensory perceptions helps her track mutants but no where does it mention superspeed. And Psylocke was a huge change, she turn invisible.... what the ****? There was no need for that, they just threw away a perfectly good character for nothing. Its like instead of looking for a character that had the powers they wanted or make an original cahracter, they choose some random ones and then just gave them the powers. And made the disposaible. Like Omega Red, There was reports he was in it all I saw was a super hearing guy with an Omega Tattoo...?

They ****ed up Phoenix, there was nothing to it, no substance what-so-ever. We get a quick explanation that sounded very lame (Stewart did not deliver it well, but how can you) Than nothing no inner conflict with her, its just like "I'm evil now and pissed off..." more of her fightin herself. Also we needed to see more of that dilemia of having to kill someone you care about to save lives you could even throw in euthanaisa, I remember a scene in the cartoon where Jean is telling Wolverine to kill her and he has hs claw inshes from her head, that moment is just an amazing drama that decision that cant be reverse, could I do that, can I live with myself? I would of love seeing Logan or specially Cyclops in that predicament. The was just so much material to make a truely dramatic moment that could live one in cinema history but we got nothing just the bare story.

There's probably more but I cant remember everything I hated. There was a dozen ways they could of done it and they made very poor choices. They really dropped the ball, and withg the production they had its no surprize. If they just kept Cyclop and Xaiver alive and added on 30 minutes and waited another year for production it may have worked but they didnt. And waht we got was a movie made not for art or the intrntion of telling a great story or showing something worth watching we got a movie that was made for profit only. I know what you will say "that's the point" and I will respond with "its that thinking that led to Batman and Robin and not Batman Begins. If you think was a good/great movie I can not respect you as a person.

I ahte it when potiential for a good movie is lost for no good reason.

This movie made the other two look like Catwoman. Everything I hated about the others corrected. Haile Berry has Storm was amazing. I depised her in the other two and in general. I like that Cyclops and Professor X died. This was an original spin on the story. I hate seeing rehash after rehash.

My jaw dropped when they killed them. I hated the old movies the romance that felt rushed between Jean and Logan. I mean it made since to a comic fan but not to anyone else. It was very awful. It was good in this movie cause it built off the old movie.

Grammar was perfect for Beast. I love the Multiple Man and what happened to Mystique. "There's no fury like a woman scorned"

As for the Phoenix, I never been comfortable with the whole space thing. This was better. The Phoenix was more of just a force of anger and passion. No reason behind it. It worked perfectly.

Everyone was perfect. I like the fact that Rogue took the cure. Magento got pwned. That was cool. Juggernaut, Angel, Leech, Colossus, and Kitty were all great. I love the powers and how they were used. It was great and felt like a true fan made this. Superman Returns won't hold a candle to this.

The freaking Fastball special. Moria!!

The ending scene between Jean and Wolverine was the best part. The fresh flying off of him was great. And when he stabbed her, I loved it. MY favorite X-men moment was in Phoenix Endsong when Wolverine kills her over and over in the snow.

Best line in the whole movie.

"Don't you know who I am? I'm the JUGGERNAUT *****!"

"Who's hiding, dickhead?"

I missed the scene. I'm pissed.

A+++++++++++++++++++++++

I have a strong feeling, based on reading what's coming out of the cast, Donner, and Avi Arad that we'll be seeing the most drastic "Director's Cut" departure since the Daredevil movie. Or perhaps it should be "Producer's Cut" or "Marvel's Cut".

I think I'll save my $10 and some time in those lumpy-*** seats and wait for that.

It was alright. Killing Cyclops was ridiculous, but then, he's been underused in the other two movies so it wasn't a mjor injustice against his movie version. Xavier returning was an excellent idea I thought, it could just be that Stewart didn't agree to another movie, in which case, hey presto, a different actor. Vinnie Jones has the acting skills and screen presence of a dead shrew, the punky brotherhood mutants were utterly wasted, Colossus and Angel had pretty much no point in the movie, Kitty was underused, Phoenix never reached her true potential and Wolverine was about as threatening as a kitten.

That said, Grammar as Beast was fantastic, especially on the battlefield. McKellen was impressive as usual (he looked amazing in the flashback at the start), Iceman wasn't that bad, Kitty was promising, the bridge scene was phenomenal, Multiple Man was funny, human Raven was sexy, and Phoenix looked pretty damn scary, especially in the house scene.

All in all, it had a shedload of potential, and while some of it was worthy of comparisons to the other two movies, quite a lot of it was pure cheese. To be honest though, I think the better scenes were good enough to make me forgive the crappier scenes. Although an uncut DVD release may just be it's saving grace.

So, at it's best, an 8 out of 10, at it's worst, a 4 out of 10. Let's say 6.5 on average.

Random, yes you can have an X-Men movie without him. The X-Men aren't about him. He started it yes, but what they're about, what they stand for, isn't Xavier.

And because someone thought it was great, you won't have respect for them because they have an opinion that's not yours? Oh, great job there.

Last edited:
Ice said:
That's not Kid Omega. Where did you get that? That kid is Quill. Kid Omega was the boy from "Riot at Xaviers", with the pink mowhawk-style haircut, Quentin Quire. Came back in "Phoenix: Endsong".
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0376994/fullcredits

And I see that many people who has seen the movie makes what I think is a classic misstake, they compare it to the comics. Don't do that. This is a movie and have to be made different from what we know. Clear your head from all you know from the comics and go see the the movie with an open mind. Trust me you will enjoy it more.

Ultimate Warrior said:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0376994/fullcredits

And I see that many people who has seen the movie makes what I think is a classic misstake, they compare it to the comics. Don't do that. This is a movie and have to be made different from what we know. Clear your head from all you know from the comics and go see the the movie with an open mind. Trust me you will enjoy it more.
Wonder who was the genius who did that mistake.

Also, I did love the nods with Beast having say "Oh my stars and garters." I geeked out about that.

Wow I cant believe no one else had the problem with Juggernaut I did.

sjmole said:
Now the bad things. I think Patrick Stewart did not give a great preformance. His acting was not bad but at the same time was not up to par with his preformancce in X-men 1+2. The other thing that i did not like was juggernaut they had changed him so much. He was a mutant not mystical powers from Cyttorak (not sure of spelling) , He was english in the movie I thought he was american in comics (he seemed it on cartoons) but the worst and most unforgivable thing was in the movie he was not related to Xavier. Now correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it the fact he hated his step-brother Xavier one of if not THE main reason he got his powers and fought the x-men?. The only other thing was the last scene after the credits. IMO it took something away from Xavier's death.
Ok, Juggernaut was NOT mutant in the comics. Maybe that's what you meant? So he was english, and? Cain was always a step-brother, so he could be from anywhere. And not related to Xavier? Ok, you want to go into all of that? There was no need for any mention of that if they are even related in the movieverse of the X-Men. Unforgivable? Oook....

sjmole said:

Well, seeing as how Ultimate Juggernaut was a mutant in Ultimate X-men, and how he isn't related to Xavier, most people, at least on this site, wouldn't have a problem with it.

i cant ****in believe he said it!!
imthejuggernaut.jpg

but yeah **** it i loved x3

Last edited:
Ice said:
Ok, Juggernaut was NOT mutant in the comics. Maybe that's what you meant? So he was english, and? Cain was always a step-brother, so he could be from anywhere. And not related to Xavier? Ok, you want to go into all of that? There was no need for any mention of that if they are even related in the movieverse of the X-Men. Unforgivable? Oook....

Well considering Juggernaut hated Xavier soooo much it would be like making a batman movie where he just smiles and waves to joker. It's WRONG.

but I can let it go I just thought maybe some x-men fans would of hated how they wrecked him. "my bad"

its the movieverse just try and live with the changes they made.

i think thee great one summed it up pretty well for me, i agree with pretty much akll of what he said. it was really fun, i just didnt let any of my gripes about how they ****ed up some characters get in the way

Last edited:
JonnyFreeze said:
its the movieverse just try and live with the changes they made.

Yeah the movie was good Jonny. I loved it. It's just some times in superhero movies i hate changes.

I love spider-man 1 + 2 but i still hate organic webbing and power ranger costume goblin

sjmole said:
Well considering Juggernaut hated Xavier soooo much it would be like making a batman movie where he just smiles and waves to joker. It's WRONG.

but I can let it go I just thought maybe some x-men fans would of hated how they wrecked him. "my bad"
Yes, in 616. But that's when he's related to him. In 616. There's other ways of using Juggernaut and still have him be a good character, and I think they did fine with it.

My 2 yen, peso, quid...whatever......

I liked the beginning. I always thought the opening credits to the others were just too.........meh. They just never did anything for me. The opening scene with X and Mags at Jean's house 20 years ago was pretty good. I was focused more on the special effects McKellen mentioned in an interview. He said they shot the film and then had their faces electronically grafted and then smoothed out via CGI to make them look younger. Then had the new young faces editted into the film. It's practically flawless. So kudos to the effects team.

The Danger Room scenes was pretty impressive. To see the Fastball Special on screen was great. I really wish that they had Colossus throw him with one hand like an actual baseball rather than the twirling method they used. But.....its a FASTBALL SPECIAL........ON SCREEN!!!!! Just think about how awesome that is for a second. Imagine if they tried to do that 10-15 years ago when they were trying to make this film.......and they wanted Michael Douglass as Wolverine. Yeah that's right. You read it. I tell you now.....it was a fact. But anyways.....

So Scott didn't even garner an on-screen kill. Kinda weak....but he was so underused in the other films that it really doesn't matter. They could've had him stay at the Mansion with a broken leg and nobody would've missed him. But I understand the reason they killed him. It was to justify how crazy Jean was. This is the man she loved.....and she killed him. So I understand the reasoning. Do I like it? No.....but I understand.

The explanation of the Pheonix was so weak that I want to vomit as I type this. Ok....so X put mental blocks on Jean when she was young to limit her powers for everyone's and including her safety. So all her potential powers tried to manifest but couldn't due to the blocks. Thus creating an alternate personality called the Pheonix. A being of pure emotion and no logic. Buy it? And then there's the "telekenetic cocoon" reasoning on how she survived the flood. Buy that too? Yeah me neither. But here's why I kinda like it.....it had 90s comic granduer all over it. I'll get to that theory later in the review. She wasn't really the Pheonix in this. I don't even know why they called her that. And how she killed Xavier----with Wanda's Tetris Attack. Weak.

The Teenage Love Triangle between our favorite x-teens wasn't as prominent as most thought. It was all really some teenage misunderstanding. There was never any romantic interaction between Kitty and Bobby. Rogue saw Kitty save Bobby in the Danger Room and Kitty obviously has feelings for Bobby so her touch kinda lingers. Buther feelings are never returned by Bobby. Then after X's death Kitty is mourning and missing home so Bobby freezes the lake so she can ice skate. Basically he cheers her up. Rogue sees this thru a window and decides take off so she can get the cure. Basically---the whole thing was nonexsistent. And it's not played up either so for those hoping this love thang would ruin the film...........rest easy.

Woverine and Storm are very prominent in the film. But its not so heavy that they're always in every scene. I know alot of people were worried that Halle would ruin it. She doesn't. But with Xavier gone, she's the only one left that has seniority to take the reigns as leader. So she steps up. And does a good job at it.

Ok---so that's enough with specific points of the film. Here's my thoughts on the overall film:

I went into the film looking for a comic book arc.....and that's what I got. While the editting was done like a comic book ala The Hulk....there are many cuts to different locations trying to cover many different aspects of the plot. While some might see that as "jumpy", I understand that many points need to be covered when telling a story in a comic book. Otherwise, its just a jumble mess with featuring 4 people. Would Punisher MAX be so great if they didn't cut away from Frank shooting people in order to find out who he was going after and why? How many issues do you think the series would last if every page just featured Castle shooting someone. It would get old.......quick. So while the film may seem busy...it's really just Ratner trying to cover all points.

Ratner gives fanboys what they want (...mostly). I'm serious. I'm not a huge X-Men fan but I realize what Ratner was doing. He had plenty of cameos. I mean Dr.Rao, Moira, Leech...the list goes on. He even went as far as adding small touches for the observant fanboy. The shirt that Madrox wears in the comic book? Yeah...he's got that one on in the film. The main man in the govt that against mutants---most missed his name. But his name is Boliver Trask. Having Beast say the "stars and garters" line? Classic. And the "Juggernaut B*tch" line? Only fanboys who've been on the internet are gonna get that. But he threw it in there too. It's small stuff like that that make me appreciate this film.

It is obvious that Ratner read House of M and was really inspired by it. There are many instances in the film that mirror panels in HoM. Basically...the whole film kinda reads like an over-the-top 90s X-Men arc. And I think that's what Ratner was going for. I think he was thinking "We all know the exposition of this series. If we didn't see the first 2...why would we be here watching the third?" So he decided to forget some of the heavier plots and tone of the other films and go straight for the action. Cool with me. The action isn't so overwhelming to the point that it was taking over the film. It was there when it needed to be.

All in all..........this was a pretty good film IMO. Don't go into the film expecting the brilliance of Spiderman 2 or the realistic violent tone of the Punisher............but go in expecting slightly better than Fantastic4 and you'll be pleased. I mean it is just a comic book film afterall.:wink:

I give this film a solid 3.5 outta 5. Seriously.

MWoF--I don't think you'll be as displeased as you think you will if you see this.

Ice--you can use this as one of my reviews for the newsletter.

Ice said:
Random, yes you can have an X-Men movie without him. The X-Men aren't about him. He started it yes, but what they're about, what they stand for, isn't Xavier.

And because someone thought it was great, you won't have respect for them because they have an opinion that's not yours? Oh, great job there.
Well IGN has named him as the number one X-men, though I dont usually agree with their top tens, this one I agree with. I can think of only 3 times in the comics when he wasnt apart of the X-men (There may be more but I dont know all the history), every time through out my whole life I've alwasy seen himthere, whenever I pick up a comic or any show or video game I've played he's there. He is the quintessencial X-man Not having him just feels wierd, it felt wierd the last movie and it was definitely odd in this one

And I dont respect people who loved the movie bescause that shows to me that you are taken by flashy cgi and action scenes and by the people supporting it they will allow the decline in quality of film specially comic books and I will have to see my favorite genre literally go down the toilet allowing the further decline of the industry as a whole, so no I can respect you.

sjmole said:
If they went into the family tree of every character the audience will become confused, remember not every who sees the movie knows the 40 plus history of the comics. Plus majority of people are idiots and adding something like magic with a movie more based on science will just confuse most people. Whne the movie ends they just continually bump into the wall trying to find an exit.

JonnyFreeze said:
i cant ****in believe he said it!!
I know, those guys who did that must feel so great.

Latest posts

Back