X-Men: The Last Stand discussion !!!SPOILERS!!!

How would you rate X3

• Total voters
E.Vi.L. said:
I liked it.

I think most will agree that X2 was the best of the serie but I liked X3. I didn't find Storm that annoying and I enjoyed Beast. Magneto was his usual charismatic self. It's nice to have kept the same villain for 3 movies instead of killing him off at the first as is usually done is superhero movies.

At times it felt like there was too many thread but most of them were well known to the viewers so it wasn't so bad.

Obviously enough, this movie had the most spectacular effects of the serie which does count. Yeah, don't be snobs. I want to see a artsy movie, I go see a artsy movie. A Superhero flick must deliver in the eye candy department and this one does. The bridge scene was great in that regard.

The pacing must have been good because the movie didn't seem long to me and yet I think it's about 2 hours, right?

So I'm satisfied with the last chapter of the serie. Not as good as X2 but a good closure.

Speaking of the bridge scene because they never fixed the bridge do you think they might mention it on Spider-man III?

sjmole said:
Speaking of the bridge scene because they never fixed the bridge do you think they might mention it on Spider-man III?
No they never do that, competing companies and all, be cool if they did

sjmole said:

Hum, no.

For one thing, this was in San Francisco anyway and won't affect Spider-man much.

And secondly, the X-Men franchise is 20th Century while Spider-Man is Columbia pictures.

They won't reference each other.

Loved it. Mostly.

No, it wasn't as good as X2(which is my second favourite movie of all time, by-the-way), but it was still great. Better than the first one in a ton of ways.

The main things I would've changed about it were:

• Cyclops lives through the whole movie, obviously.

• Juggernaut's hemet should've been bronze instead of silver.

• Collosus should've had a bigger role and more exposition.

• Where the heck was Nightcrawler? I thought he was in this one!

• Guees what? I've got a fever... and the only prescription... is MORE ANGEL!

Loved the rest. Stahl did a splendid job. The window jump was awesome, as was the father-save. And the opening scene did a beautiful job setting up the mood of the movie.

Kelsey Grammar was perfect as Beast. Casting anyone else would've been a big mistake. He was so great in the scene where his hand turned un-mutant, you could see the guilty longing in his eyes.

Vinnie Jones rocked the house. "I'm the Juggernaut, *****!" got a huge laugh as well as some cheers and applause from the whole theatre.

Even the actress who played Kitty Pryde did a great job.

Overall, I feel this one had the closest-feeling atmosphere to the comics, so that made up for the lack of Singer. And I like how Ratner didn't go Schumacher on it, he actually tried to imitate Singer's style in a lot of ways.

The scene after the credits bumped my raiting of the movie up by at least a half-point, earning it a solid 9 out of 10 from me.

Last edited:
sjmole said:

Well they actually did show it being fixed at the end, or rather, a new bridge being built.

And besides, Spidey takes place now. The X-movies are in the not-too-distant-future.:wink:

Man, that was so cool when the army guys look up in that beautiful wideshot where you see the ENTIRE BRIDGE gracfully floating towards them. Ratner did a wonderful job on that.

Last edited:
They should of done the Elektra movie with Wolverine. But that's another subject I could go more into.

It's true a lot of characters didn't get much screen time but what they did have ruled enough to make up for it. I like that one of the weakest X-men (kitty) took down the Juggernaut.

The Ghost Rider was so badass. That's the first I've seen him. I'm stoked.

Planet-man said:
[*]Where the heck was Nightcrawler? I thought he was in this one!
Where you been for the past year or so? It was said last year he wasn't going to be in it, and the video game is where the actual explanation came in.

Your all right about the bridge.

I just thought in Spidey III he might make a lil comment about what happened. Of corse that wont hapens as toby plays spider-man as if he is depressed and and a lil psycotic lol.

anyway....

Cool Ice. Now i really want to play that game. I too wondered. Where the hell is nightcrawler. He was such a big deal on 2. Now i know lol Play game.

Just Got back.....

****ing awsome!
"I'm the Juggernuat, *****!" was the best line. I thought Multiple Man was done well, but could have had more exposure/actually been in the last scene. I doubt whether they will make another, even with the whole Xavier and Magneto still being alive and mutants and all, too many characters died/lost their powers. Overall a 4.5/5.

Ice said:
Where you been for the past year or so? It was said last year he wasn't going to be in it, and the video game is where the actual explanation came in.
With all due respect, Ice, I really feel that movies should be self-contained, and that those of us who don't read the novelizations or play the video games should be given an explanation somewhere in the film. (Yes, I know, the idea is make people feel as though they need to read the book or play the game, and therefore make someone more money, but leaving an explanation like that to a source outside the movie is actually poor plotting on the scriptwriters' part.) Nightcrawler was a pretty substantial part of X-2, and his absence in the movie was one of the minor quibbles I had about the film, even though I liked the movie overall. (And will add my two cents' worth on this thread at some point when it isn't 1 a.m. in my part of the world.... :wink: )

Seldes Katne said:
With all due respect, Ice, I really feel that movies should be self-contained, and that those of us who don't read the novelizations or play the video games should be given an explanation somewhere in the film. (Yes, I know, the idea is make people feel as though they need to read the book or play the game, and therefore make someone more money, but leaving an explanation like that to a source outside the movie is actually poor plotting on the scriptwriters' part.) Nightcrawler was a pretty substantial part of X-2, and his absence in the movie was one of the minor quibbles I had about the film, even though I liked the movie overall. (And will add my two cents' worth on this thread at some point when it isn't 1 a.m. in my part of the world.... :wink: )
You make it sound like I'm ok with the explanation being in the game only, which is not what I was saying, just merely telling what was said before me.

Ice said:
You make it sound like I'm ok with the explanation being in the game only, which is not what I was saying, just merely telling what was said before me.
Well I think its good its explained at all, cause they weren't going to in the movie at all. But lkeaving it to the audience's imagination is that bad

i went to the midnight showing but am just now getting a chance to post my thoughts....

first off, there were these 4 kids in the theatre who dressed up...one taped chopsticks to his hand to be wolvie, one was wearing all red with a bucket on his head as juggernaut, one was wearing black underarmor and sunglasses as cyclops, and the other just wore a blue sweatshirst and painted his hands blue to be beast...my hats off to them.

i thought the movie was good...but not as good as it could have been. it was cool to see stuff from both the 616 and ultimate universes in the film.

killing xavier and bringing him back works just fine for me...if you read your 616, then you realize this isn't the first time they thought xavier was dead but wasn't. also, i think the argument of there can't be x-men without xavier is a little unfounded...astonishing is doing just fine without xavier. he can't be there forever. it's called growth and change.

halle wasn't nearly as bad as i was expecting. she didn't hog the screen time as much as i was afraid of she was going to do. the same goes for wolverine. sure he was the focus, but it wasn't so much that it was a distraction.

the brotherhood was underused as was angel, rogue and colossus...however it is impossible to make every fanboy happy with a certain amount of screen time and lines of dialouge for every character when you are dealing with a cast this big. i'm a huge multiple man fan, and even though he was only on the screen for like 30 seconds total, i loved those 30 seconds.

i had no problem having cyclops die at the hands of jean...though i would have liked that to happen later in the film...maybe have him die a hero's death, but as stated by numerous posters before me, the x-men film franchise has basically took a big stinky dump on his character from the get go so what can you expect.

the fight scenes were impressive. i thought they could have polished up the cgi on bobby's iced up form and colossus, but those are minor details.

loved everything about juggernaut...LOVED it...a good translation to film

grammar as beast was about as perfect adaptation as possible from comic to the silver screen...nearly complete perfection

the pheonix explanation was a bit meh...but it worked better in the movieverse than the space angle ever would. i really liked the physical manifestation of her dark side..and how she killed xavier...wow.

overall, i think if the script had been tightened up a bit, and if ratner would learn that substance should almost always win over style, then we would have an amazing film on our hands...instead we are left with something that's pretty good...not great by any means...but something that any comic book fan can enjoy

Ice said:
Me and my brother just wore Wolverine shirts. :lol:
I thought about wearing a superman shirt and maybe a cape, but I wore my college shirt which were X-men colors Blue and gold

Random said:
I thought about wearing a superman shirt and maybe a cape, but I wore my college shirt which were X-men colors Blue and gold
Dont worry. Some guy came in with a supes shirt to the movie.

I swear...if I had my gun (I dont really have one) I would so do what Dane Cook does to the guys with Superman shirts on. Shoot 'em in the chest-plate (but not really).

Ice said:
Dont worry. Some guy came in with a supes shirt to the movie.

I swear...if I had my gun (I dont really have one) I would so do what Dane Cook does to the guys with Superman shirts on. Shoot 'em in the chest-plate (but not really).
Thats why I always wear kevlar under it

Latest posts

Back