X-Men: The Last Stand discussion !!!SPOILERS!!!

How would you rate X3

• Total voters

Fredrik Martinsson

Formerly known as Ultimate Warrior
Here is a not so detailed rundown of the movie:

The movie starts with a trip to the past when Professor X and Magneto picks up Jean. A jump to a few years later where a young Warren is trying to remove the first sign of his wings but gets caught by his father. Fast forward to close future where the X-Men is fighting in the danger room against a sentinel (the only sentinel in the whole movie I might add) and then Cyclops take a trip to the lake and finds Jean that kills him.
The government has caught Mystique when she stole some plans and found out about the Cure that Warrens father has developed. Beast announce it to the X-Men and at the same time it gets announced over television.
Storm and Logan goes to the lake and finds Jean.
Magneto gets some new followers at a church rally.
Bobby and Kitty has a skating "date" and Rogue gets jealous.
Magneto finds the caravan that transports Mystique. He frees her and at the same time also Jamie Maddox and Juggernaut (that also was transported in the car). Mystique saves Magneto from getting shot by a gun that holds the Cure and revert to mere human. Magneto leaves her as she is no longer a mutant.
Jean wakes up at the school and breaks out after screwing with Wolverines head a bit.
Both Magneto and Professor X gets the location of Jean (her old childhood home) and goes to see her. Professor X tries to calm her down and all hell brakes lose. Wolverine gets treated as a soccer-ball by Juggernaut and storm gets her *** kicked by the new fast mutant girl. Professor X gets ripped apart at a molecular level by Jean/Phoenix and she joins Magneto.
There is a funeral for Charles Xavier and right after that Warren comes and joins the school.
Rogue leaves the school to get Cured and Magneto finds out that the source of the Cure is a mutant boy.
Logan leaves the school and finds Jean and Magneto in the woods and fights some mutants. Magneto holds his little speech about the mutants being the cure of humanity. After a little "talk" between Phoenix and Wolverine Magneto sends Logan flying through the woods.
Bobby tries to find Rogue by looking by all the places that "Cures" mutants. Pyro shows up and for the first time in the movies Bobby gets called Iceman. Pyro blows up the house that Cures the mutants and pandemonium breaks out.
The president and his men has found out where Magneto is (Mystique tells them everything) and sends troops after them but only finds Jaime Maddox in his multiple form.
Magneto attacks the facility where the cure is being developed (Alcatraz prison) and uses the bridge to get there. The X-Men goes there to stop him and a fight breaks out. Many mutants gets shot by the guards guns, which is made of plastic and holds the Cure, so they revert to humans. The X-Men (Logan, Storm, Colossus, Beast, Kitty and Iceman) now confronts Magneto and his troops (with Jean/Phoenix). Big fight.
The X-Men gets the boy that is the cure-source out and Magneto gets tricked and ends up with four shots of the Cure in his chest thanks to Beast.
Jean goes psycho and kills many soldiers and mutant and Wolverine confronts her (he is the one that has the "Can you do what must be done?" moment since Cyclops is dead). Phoenix tries to stop stop him by ripping him apart on a molecular level but his healing ability heals him as hast as she rips him apart. In the end he stabs her with his claws and kills her.
Jump scene to the school where also Cyclops and Jeans graves lies beside Xavier's. Rogue has come back and has taken the cure so she's human and tells Bobby that it's not because of him but because she wanted to.
Scene in the park where Magneto sits by a chess set and he points his finger at one of the (metal-)pieces and with out him moving it it starts to shake. SURPRISE! He is still a mutant! End of Movie.

After the credits a scene is played where
we see Moira McTaggert, that was shown in a video in a lesson Xavier held talking about a patient she has that was in a coma and alive but has no consciousness and what would happen if you could put another mans consciousness into that body, and with the voice of Professor X the man says Moira and she answers, with a surprised expression on her face, Charles. SURPRISE NUMBER 2! Xavier transferred his consciousness into the man before he died!

I liked the movie. I think it was the best of the X-Men movies and if compared to other comicbook movies it's a 8/10 easy.
The bad part was that since they had to cut Cyclops part down to almost nothing it seemed that it was missing something or that they had to improvise some parts. There was a bit too much scenes with Storm and close ups of her face when her eyes turned white and she started to control the weather but nothing big.

EDIT: Poll added. If you voted in the other thread do it again in this. Credit goes to TheManWithoutFear for this.

Last edited:
That sounds better than I thought. Still don't like the Wolverine/Storm over exposure though.

Maybe I'll see it this weekend.

I dont want to be spoiled I just want to know if the scene after the credits is worth watching?

Sounds worse than I thought. The surprises don't really surprise me at all and the movie is basically everything we've seen so far in the trailers and multiple clips.

It's gonna be tough to convince you guys that I sincerely am disappointed since I've been *****in' about this since the beginning and you all think I'm an anti-fanboy (new word) but seriously. Look at that plot, it looks like garbage.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Sounds worse than I thought. The surprises don't really surprise me at all and the movie is basically everything we've seen so far in the trailers and multiple clips.

It's gonna be tough to convince you guys that I sincerely am disappointed since I've been *****in' about this since the beginning and you all think I'm an anti-fanboy (new word) but seriously. Look at that plot, it looks like garbage.

And not to sound too much like Cilla Black for those in the Uk but... Suprise Surprise!

Y'know I'm not so pissed about this movie anymore. I don't expect myself to come out saying its the best comic book movie ever, but I'll probably be entertained. To be honest, I'm actually getting excited about the simple prospect of getting to see the characters on screen again.

That being said, Superman Returns will still blow this bastard out of the water.:D

Wow i can't believe Cyclops dies like at start of movie..... that really weird, and prof x dies... man i don't think i'll see number 4 (if it comes)

Shihad said:
Wow i can't believe Cyclops dies like at start of movie..... that really weird, and prof x dies... man i don't think i'll see number 4 (if it comes)

Oh you will see number 4. Because this movie with go out like Batman Forever/Batman & Robin and they'll restart the franchise in 20 years. Thanks Marvel and Ratner.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'd like a name to go with "super fast girl". Even if it was a guy named "Quicksilver" who in the movie-verse isn't related to Magneto, I'd be cool with that. But to feminize him and not give a name.... sucks.
They might have but I can't for the life of me remember what it is :?
The masculine girl is named Arclight, that I remember any way :lol:

Edit: Just checked it out. She is named Callisto. HOW THE HECK DID I FORGET THAT! :shock:
And the third of the trio (as I like to call them) that has the power to make spikes come out all over his body is named Kid Omega.

The boy that is the source of the Cure is Leech for those interested.

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
I'd like a name to go with "super fast girl". Even if it was a guy named "Quicksilver" who in the movie-verse isn't related to Magneto, I'd be cool with that. But to feminize him and not give a name.... sucks.

I'm fairly positive that this is Calypso in the film.

Yeah, this movie just sounds bad. I don't understand how anyone who loves X-men could even defend this film..it slander.:(

TheManWithoutFear said:
Oh you will see number 4. Because this movie with go out like Batman Forever/Batman & Robin and they'll restart the franchise in 20 years. Thanks Marvel and Ratner.

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't say that....... or it will come true!!!!!!

This movie kicked ***. Phoenix was done really well, she was just so evil. And Pyro rocks. Angel was cool, but he wasnt in the movie much.

AND VINNIE JONES SAID IT!!!

Dont you know who i am? im the juggernaut *****

I got in for free and im gonna go see it again tonight for free. yayah!

My honest review. Spoilers in review so please dont read if you dont want any. Thank you.

The opening to the movie was diffrent to 1 or 2 as you would expect from a diffrent director. The acting in this movie was just amazing. At first hearing the Halle comments on here and other boards I thought that she was going to ruin the movie. I was wrong. Storm played a good part in the story. My fave scene was the danger room with the sentinal head. I liked the fact "I'm the juggernaut *****" was in the movie. Nice little heads up I thought. Wolverine in this movie was great but was there anyone who thought wolverine would not be good?

The story was strong. The emotion between Wolverine and Jean was spot on. Another cool thing that made me think "very cool" was when bobby turned into the REAL Iceman with his body. As Ian McKellen gave a 5 star preformance.

Now the bad things. I think Patrick Stewart did not give a great preformance. His acting was not bad but at the same time was not up to par with his preformancce in X-men 1+2. The other thing that i did not like was juggernaut they had changed him so much. He was a mutant not mystical powers from Cyttorak (not sure of spelling) , He was english in the movie I thought he was american in comics (he seemed it on cartoons) but the worst and most unforgivable thing was in the movie he was not related to Xavier. Now correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it the fact he hated his step-brother Xavier one of if not THE main reason he got his powers and fought the x-men?. The only other thing was the last scene after the credits. IMO it took something away from Xavier's death.

All in all a good movie but could of been better. I give it 3.5 stars out of 5 better than 3 stars but not quiet 4 stars either. I will go and see it again and I still think it is the best of the 3 x-men movies but again it lacked in places.

You're picking apart Juggernaut's character but are ok with the fact that some major characters in X-Mythos bite it here? Sounds like a contradiction.

Also, a world where Halle Berry beats out Patrick Stewart.... :roll:

I would not like to live inside your head for one minute sir.

TheManWithoutFear said:
You're picking apart Juggernaut's character but are ok with the fact that some major characters in X-Mythos bite it here? Sounds like a contradiction.

Also, a world where Halle Berry beats out Patrick Stewart.... :roll:

I would not like to live inside your head for one minute sir.

LOL no the diffrence is most charracters changed were not completly diffrent or at least as diffrent as Juggernaut.

I never said said Halle berry was better than Patrick Stewart. I just said Patrick Stewart was not as good as he normally is and that Halle berry was better than people made out.

My review was my 100% honestly how i see it. I wanted to give the film 4 or 5 stars but could not honestly do it.

Here's hoping that the Wolverine movie(s?) are more focused on serious claw popping berserker backstory…!

I would say with Chuck biting it, a fourth XMen movie would be hard pressed…

But a Wolverine: Weapon X movie…

And a Wolverine: Origins movie…

Finish out the trilogy with a Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk movie…?!?

;^p

Last edited:
I bet MWF has been proven wrong, but since he b*****ed so much about this, he doesn't want to admit it. No surprise, really.

Just saw the midnight screening. Without seeing the last scene after the credits, I thought the movie was alright, and worth a B. And once that scene came, I was blown away. I loved it. Overall, with the scene, I say it's an A-. And MWF can come here and cry like a little girl saying "It's only because you're an X-Fanboy...blah blah blah blah...etc", let him. He's done it plenty of times before.

Ultimate Warrior said:
And the third of the trio (as I like to call them) that has the power to make spikes come out all over his body is named Kid Omega.
That's not Kid Omega. Where did you get that? That kid is Quill. Kid Omega was the boy from "Riot at Xaviers", with the pink mowhawk-style haircut, Quentin Quire. Came back in "Phoenix: Endsong".

Hellsbuttmonkey said:
Wasn't Kid Omega Quentin Quire in the comics?
Yes he was.

And Superman Returns will not blow this outta the water....story wise, IMO. Money wise, I'm betting it will. If it doesn't, I'd be surprised.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back