X-Men: The Last Stand discussion !!!SPOILERS!!!

How would you rate X3

• Total voters
We received an email today from AuctionCause.com, who have teamed up with X-Men: The Last Stand director Brett Ratner to auction off memorabilia from Rush Hour 3, "The Last Stand," Family Man and Red Dragon for charity:

I work for an company that runs auctions. We are currently working with Brett Ratner on an eBay charity auction and many of the items he has donated are from X3. We have some signed books, hats, a poster signed by the cast, and some one of a kind items Brett had made for the principal actors. We are listing stuff every day, at eBay.com/RushHour3. If you think any fans would be interested, please pass this on! Proceeds from the auction will benefit The Simon Wiesenthal Center and its Museum of Tolerance here in Los Angeles.

I'm going to check this out maybe I'll win something

Matthew Vaughn didn't want to ruin 'X-Men'

An interview with Matthew Vaughn, the director of Stardust, appeared in Telegraph.co.uk. An interesting morsel appeared in which Vaughn, who was once attached to X-Men 3, said he didn't want to ruin X-Men.

Comics2Film summarizes the article by saying that it confirms what many suspected: the family story was just a cover story and Vaughn bailed because the Fox was more interested in making a release date than they were in making a good movie.
...Vaughn can't help savouring the satisfaction of knowing he did the right thing when he risked his career by walking out on the £100 million X-Men 3: The Last Stand after he had been hired by Fox to take over the lucrative franchise.

He strongly denies he was overawed at the prospect of taking on such a financially heavy responsibility. "Big movie-making is a lot easier than small movie-making," he says. "All these big directors and producers would be struggling if you gave them a million dollars and told them to make a movie for that amount.

"What happened with X-Men was I didn't have the time to make the movie that I wanted to make. I had a vision for how it should be, and I wanted to make sure I was making a film as good as X-Men 2, and I knew there was no way it could be. I just suddenly knew it wasn't the right thing for me to do.

"It was a tough decision because it was a hell of an opportunity. But I was trying to make a career as a director, and I didn't want to be the guy accused of making a bad X-Men movie."

Brett Ratner stepped into the breach, and Vaughn was not impressed. "As it happens, I could have made something a hundred times better than the film that was eventually made," he says. "It sounds arrogant, but I could have done something with far more emotion and heart. I'm probably going to be told off for saying that, but I genuinely believe it."

Happily, Neil Gaiman, with whom he had worked on a short film, gave him the go-ahead for Stardust after Miramax, who owned the rights, could not see how to make it.

"The X-Men thing could have been a death knell," says Vaughan. "I had to be very, very careful because Hollywood could have said, 'Who does he think he is? He walked off a big movie.' So it was a scary time doing Stardust."

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for him. He knew he wouldn't be able to do the job right if he stayed on, so he didn't.

My respect for Vaughn as a director has increase it unbelievable levels, and my respect for Fox, all time low

Latest posts

Back