X-Men: Your Team

ourchair

SSJmole said:
I wouldn't mind some more of theses "Your own" team things. Could be fun like "Your own Justice league" where you pick your "Superman" type "batman" type ect....
Bass said:
I don't actually read X-Men, haven't read anything since the mid-90s save for Astonishing's first arc and Ultimate, but I thought it'd be interesting for us to imagine what kind of cast we'd assemble if we were writing the comics, regardless of where you put it in continuity or whatever.

So there you go. If you were writing an X-Men title of any kind at any time, what cast would you use?

The sheer number of characters available makes this thread almost as diverse as the The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - Your Team thread.

If I was writing X-Men, I'd most likely use the original five (swap Jean with Emma) and throw in Colossus, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Storm and Shadowcat. That's a safe and easy lot of characters to write.

However, they've also been done to death, so I'd probably throw in characters I find interesting and have a lot of potential, such as Multiple Man, Bishop and Cable.

I'd have Cyclops, Beast, Jean, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Colossus, Shadowcat, Multiple Man and Professor X. Classic roster with Madrox thrown in. Perfect.

Cyclops, Psylocke, Ms. Marvel, Iceman, Colosus, Shadow Cat, Multiple Man, Dazzler, and Nightcrawler. With Beast, Angel, Emma, and Storm on reserve.

An excellent mix of power and sealth, and no Deus EX Machina Wolverine either.

Also, yeah I said Dazzler, wanna fight about it?!

Last edited:
Universe = My own.
My Team :

Members - Costume
Wolverine - Yellow costume of course
Rogue - Evolution
Iceman - Ultimate (I love the bandanna look)
Cyclops - Movie look
Gambit - X-men legends II Rise of Apocalypse
Spider-man - Ultimate (Not really a mutant but he could count)
Hulk - Ultimate (he was in X-men once I think)
Jean Grey - Ultimate
Professor X - Movie
Storm - Ultimate
Jubilee - 90's cartoon
Nightcrawler - Evolution
Kitty Pryde - Ultimate

Mine is a big list but I wanted them to face big enemies so it makes sense.

Relationships I wanted the story to focus on :

Ultimate Spider-man / Ultimate kitty : dating
Wolverine / Cyclops / Jean : love triangle
Spider-man / wolverine : the arguing and annoying each other but kind of friends
Hulk/Nightcrawler - I thought theses two could bond other both hating their looks and or powers.
Iceman / Rogue / Gambit - Love triangle
Wolverine / Kitty - the father / daughter closeness they had. Which will also be great for she's dating spider-man adds to that too.

First arc - I see Magneto recruiting other villains for a big battle like his brotherhood. Only with Ultimate Goblin as well. Then we can have Hulk vs Ultimate Goblin fight which would just kick ***.

Arc 2 - Apocalypse - Now with this team , Apocalypse story line would just be an all out battle which could be pretty damn cool. With hulk and Spider-man on the team I would also add Venom and Abomination as horsemen

come on people this is an interesting topic , Let's not let this die

I was going to go the bother of actually typing out my favourite team, but just go and watch X-Men 2 & 3 and you've pretty much got them.

Wolverine
Wolverine
Wolverine
Wolverine
Wolverine

My team would be as follows (and I actually use these teams in fiction I write):

Gold Team
Leader: Cyclops
Marvel Girl/Jean Grey
Storm
Wolverine
Rogue
Iceman
Beast

Blue Team
Leader: White Queen/Emma Frost
Nightcrawler
Angel
Jubilee
Colossus
Shadowcat
Psylocke

Question dylankidwell. Nice teams by the way. But shouldn't it be "gold" and "silver"?

Actually, mole, the Gold and Blue teams were the names of the '80s Jim Lee era X-Men. Back when superheroes wore mullets and had five-hundred pockets in their costumes.

Team SeXy
>Wolverine (field leader)
>X-23
>some other students

X
>Namor (headmaster)*
>some X-Men
>Lobesey**
>Beak

*In an old interview with Wizard, I believe it was Frank Quitely or Grant Morrison or Joe Casey or Chris Claremont who said that he thought it would be cool to have Namor as a substitute headmaster for Xavier, since he was after all "the first mutant of Marvel."

**Lobesey was a character played by Andy Dick in an X-Men parody on SNL, I believe. He had really long earlobes. That was his power.

Last edited:
My team would be as follows (and I actually use these teams in fiction I write):

Gold Team
Leader: Cyclops
Marvel Girl/Jean Grey
Storm
Wolverine
Rogue
Iceman
Beast

Blue Team
Leader: White Queen/Emma Frost
Nightcrawler
Angel
Jubilee
Colossus
Shadowcat
Psylocke

Cool teams, interesting choice for Blue leader.

Question dylankidwell. Nice teams by the way. But shouldn't it be "gold" and "silver"?

Blue and Gold were the two teams of the 90's with Gold team being infinitely cooler.

My Xmen?

Longshot
Shatterstar
Warlock
Cannonball
Random sexy female one
Random sexy female two

Wait...

Sorry, Leifield did this already with X Force, never mind

Latest posts

Back