Y: The Last Man - series discussion (spoilers)

I'm not ashamed to say this issue brought a tear to my eye in two places; that one panel where Amp is looking at Yorick just as he dies, I've never seen such an amount of depth drawn into an animal's eyes before; and the very last line, which I feel just sums up the entire series with a simple, unpretentious elegance.

I could not imagine a better ending to one of the most emotionally resonant stories I've read in the entire comics industry.

I can't wait to read this. I'm waiting for vol 10 to be released but I see it doesn't come out for a while. I actually signed in to ask when it would be out but I checked the store and it says not untill June 24th.:x

So I read the final volume today, and I pretty much agree with the last few comments, but poor 355 :cry:.

But definitely one of the best endings I've ever experienced in any form of media.

Did anyone else feel like the Hero/Beth thing was completely out of left field. I thought it was a pretty big Deus Ex Machina for the characters. I know there probably wasn't time to elaborate on their futures independently but I would have rather seen something different as far as closure.

Did anyone else feel like the Hero/Beth thing was completely out of left field. I thought it was a pretty big Deus Ex Machina for the characters. I know there probably wasn't time to elaborate on their futures independently but I would have rather seen something different as far as closure.

I'm still on the fence about that one. There was something of foreshadowing of it in the past (I remember Hero seemed to flirt with Beth during the flashback scene during the holidays where they're outside smoking...I forget what issue or arc its from), but it didn't come off right. I don't want to say it seemed forced, but it didn't feel right either. The rest of the final issue was stellar, heartwreching, and perfect for this off-kilter tale. But that scene did bother me too, however slightly.

I recently finished it. It was absolutely beautiful.

From 355's death to the last issue . . . just incredible.

I cried when Ampersand died. :cry: And the last page was so perfect.

I think Y was far more incredible than I realized as I was reading it. The characters are some of the most human I've ever seen.

Now I don't even want them to do the movie because I know how impossible it'll be for Hollywood to do an ending this poetic.

Only way they could adapt this properly is a carefully outlined Showtime or HBO TV series that goes all the way to the end, without cutting out anything necessary, with BKV as EP.

I'm still on the fence about that one. There was something of foreshadowing of it in the past (I remember Hero seemed to flirt with Beth during the flashback scene during the holidays where they're outside smoking...I forget what issue or arc its from), but it didn't come off right. I don't want to say it seemed forced, but it didn't feel right either. The rest of the final issue was stellar, heartwreching, and perfect for this off-kilter tale. But that scene did bother me too, however slightly.

After I reread the entire thing, I don't see any kind of foreshadowing. It was weird.

I bought the 1st volume of this yesterday. I have no idea why, I just decided to. Now I'm about 8 issues in and its already one of the best things I have ever read.

I bought the 1st volume of this yesterday. I have no idea why, I just decided to. Now I'm about 8 issues in and its already one of the best things I have ever read.

Cool. It gets better and better - there are a lot of cool ideas and concepts that are used. The last arc is great.

Posting this straight from the first page to avoid spoilers.

I have just finished volumes 8 and 9. About to start 10. EEK!

Latest posts

Back