Yanick Paquette to pencil Ultimate X-Men starting with #77

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
From Lying in the Gutters:

"Yanick Paquette is taking over "Ultimate X-Men" as new regular penciller starting with issue 77, replacing the previously announced Ben Oliver."

Lying in the Gutters in sometimes wrong, but this sounds like a definite fact. I like Ben Oliver, but don't know who the hell this guy is.

Re: Yanick Paquette on Ultimate X-Men starting with 77

From Lying in the Gutters:

Lying in the Gutters in sometimes wrong, but this sounds like a definite fact. I like Ben Oliver, but don't know who the hell this guy is.

not 100% but i reconise the name.

I think he is the guy who did the pencling on Gambit 15-24.

Edit to see if i was right i just looked it up and can 100% say he did issue 16

I only remembered the name because I have a few gabit comics 1 to 24

Last edited:

oh sure go look it up yourself.

the mole didn't try and help or anything:miffed:

lol joking cool pics dude

He doesn't look too bad, but mid-arc artist swaps piss me off.:(

I respect this decision. Marvel is finally taking notice at the lack of quality in the art of this book after Immonen was taken off. I'd bet if he were still on the title, people would've liked Date Night a lot more.

Cool. I like his art.
Yeah. It looks pretty good.
I respect this decision. Marvel is finally taking notice at the lack of quality in the art of this book after Immonen was taken off. I'd bet if he were still on the title, people would've liked Date Night a lot more.
I like Immonen and agree that the quality of the art dropped without him, but I'm not sure any artist could have saved the Magician stuff.

I didn't like Oliver much in Phoenix?, so I'm glad about the change, but changing artists mid-arc is always a bad idea. I mean, look at Ultimate Secret. Look at it!

The artists switching in Ultimate Secret isn't that bad. Hellfire and Brimstone, however...

Hmm, I'm liking this guy. Hopefully he's consistent.

I liked Ben Oliver.

That Gambit cover looks like **** but if he is in fact that guy that did Bulleteer, that's cool.

Oliver does great covers, but his interior work is a little different... I don't think it fits the title at all.

This guy has drawn X-Men before... So I don't think there'll be any trouble.

I don't think the art in Date Night was the problem for most people.

I like Immonen and agree that the quality of the art dropped without him, but I'm not sure any artist could have saved the Magician stuff.

Exactly.

I think it definitely could've done a little more for the Magician. Raney doesn't have a cinematic style... Not like Immonen. Or Finch. Or most of the artists that have been on this title. If it were drawn properly, I think it would have made a difference. Just me, I guess. :)

Not exactly hyped....but I am glad that this book is taking steps to becoming the opposite of the festering boil of in my UU stack.

Ok, so Kirkman's filler gloves are off, and we're losing the bad art. This book just might be the best Ultimate Book out there....or Kirkman continues his Filler style on the book and not even Hitch's art would make the book good.

But my hopes are really high for the Cable arc now.

I liked Ben Oliver.

That Gambit cover looks like **** but if he is in fact that guy that did Bulleteer, that's cool.

lol, my sentiments exactly. I was reading all these posts about the art and E's struck a cord. Side note, I don't know this guy and I only read the trades in this particular series, so I'll pass on this until something actually cool happens with the story that'll make me wanna pick this up (i.e. millar coming back to write it).

I would kill to have Millar write this book again (Or to write Ultimates more). Or Vaughan!

But we have Kirkman, a good writer, but he's really really been dragging this book down since he got on it. I think it's because he treated it as a filler arc by a filler writer, and that now he can do what he does best. But I could be wrong.

Latest posts

Back