Avengers Young Avengers #1 discussion (spoilers)

René

Starring in "The Longest Yard", opening Memorial D
Well just picked up YOUNG AVENGERS and it started out slow. But the last page was very surprising. The names they have are kind of lame and they sound like something DC would use. IRON LAD?? HULKING?? ASGARDIAN?? and Patriot. Of course this just issue 1 so hopefully the next issue is better
Any thoughts??

Last edited:
Just label it spoilers... what with "Spoilers... Maybe?"

Anyway, I don't like the idea behind Young Avengers. I hate femclones and jrclones and all that stuff... but I picked it up for my little cousin and I'm interested in seeing the origin of these characters... Kang is new to me I read a little about him but I'm wondering what they'll do with him here.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Just label it spoilers... what with "Spoilers... Maybe?"

Anyway, I don't like the idea behind Young Avengers. I hate femclones and jrclones and all that stuff... but I picked it up for my little cousin and I'm interested in seeing the origin of these characters... Kang is new to me I read a little about him but I'm wondering what they'll do with him here.

Kang? Is this the same Kang as Kang the conqueror

Goodwill said:
Correct... They WERE talking about him in the issue.

Yes they where so is Iron Lad also Kang? That's why I dont understand what's going on in the last issue.

Kang! Kang! KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG! Decendent of Doom! Kang!

Kangs a beast man. he's the main reason I'm picking this one up. Didn't get to go get it today though.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'm havinga problem with this...

Kang has various versions I'm told.... So we're not dealing The Kang but an alternate Kang... this is sounding lame...
You haven't read the rest of the story, and you're already calling the idea lame? C'mon man, give it a chance. Remember what the cover said: "They're not what you think..." :wink:

I remember reading that all the alternate Kangs were delt with by one of themselves, so we might be down to one Kang. I'm going to go do some research.

Kang is kind of a goofy villain. The concept is OK, the costume is stupid.

Isn't Kang tied into Apocolypse somehow? I haven't read the Apoc origin story.

I like the dorky names...gives the comic some charm. :D I also like the idea that Wanda conjured them up.

Ice, you're off the hook. It wasn't bad, and I'll continue to read it. :wink:

UltimateE said:
Isn't Kang tied into Apocolypse somehow? I haven't read the Apoc origin story.
Uh, no. I have the TPB, and I don't remember reading ANY mention of Kang there. I'll check again later.

UltimateE said:
Ice, you're off the hook. It wasn't bad, and I'll continue to read it. :wink:
OH THANK GOD!

:lol:

Latest posts

Back