Avengers Young Avengers (Gillen/McKelvie) Spoilers.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
It's back.

This January they return in their own ongoing series as the acclaimed "Phonogram" team of writer Kieron Gillen and artist Jamie McKelvie expand the Marvel NOW! initiative with a new volume of "Young Avengers."

1349799013.jpg

Re: Young Avengers

I can't recall a single thing of Kieron Gillen's that I've ever read...

I have no confidence that this will be any good. As far as I've seen, Alan Heinberg should be the only one allowed to write Young Avengers.

I can't recall a single thing of Kieron Gillen's that I've ever read...

Are you reading Uncanney X-Men? He also did Phonogram over at Image and he's taking over Iron Man for Marvel Now!

This is going to be great.

I have no confidence that this will be any good. As far as I've seen, Alan Heinberg should be the only one allowed to write Young Avengers.

Check out the story in the upcoming Point One one-shot, then see what you think. You never know, you may end up liking it.

Ice said:
Check out the story in the upcoming Point One one-shot, then see what you think. You never know, you may end up liking it.

I probably will check it out. I want to like Young Avengers so much.

Gillen is excellent, McKelvie is excellent

I was sold at the return of Pre-Bendis style Noh-Varr

But this won't see issue #13

By the way, who is Miss America? Have we seen her before? (I haven't read Children's Crusade yet, so please don't spoil anything for me!)

He finished JMS' Thor and then did Journey Into Mystery with Kid Loki and that latter is amazing.

I forgot about Journey Into Mystery. I did read that for a while...some of the issues were brilliant and some were just really...meh. Boring. Not bad writing, but I didn't care what was going on. I dropped it after a few issues...maybe 10 or 12.

I finally read the Children's crusade (minus the two tie in issues at the end). I really like it. Heinburg & Cheung do such great work.

Some of it was A LITTLE contrived to make everything fit, but not as much as I would have expected. I mean he wrapped up the Scarlet Witch story which has been going on since 2004. I'm impressed

This makes me want to read the new series, but I don't know if I believe that it will be good with another writer.

Latest posts

Back