Young Avengers trades

Jaggyd

The member formerly known as skotti-chan
Does anyone have the Young Avengers hardcover and/or TPB #1? I'm wondering if they have concept art of the characters (specifically Stature) in one of those two, because Speed is featured in TPB #2. Not going to bother picking it up for the extras when I have the comics if the extras are a waste...

Does anyone have the Young Avengers hardcover and/or TPB #1? I'm wondering if they have concept art of the characters (specifically Stature) in one of those two, because Speed is featured in TPB #2. Not going to bother picking it up for the extras when I have the comics if the extras are a waste...

I have the first tpb. I'd have to look through when I get off work but I don't think there's too much more extra artwork or even concepts for that matter. The big vol 1 and 2 HC, if I'm not mistaken, has a good deal of extra artwork from cheung. I'm shaky about the concept art on that one as well.

I also have it. And yes, it does, though I think it was exclusively of Patriot, Hulking, Iron Lad, and Wiccan.

If you guys could check, I'd appreciate it. Speed was pretty simplistic... mostly seemed to be colorswaps and a few minor tweaks on the final costume. But if they've got anything of possible Ant-Girl -> Stature evolutions, I'd love to see it for my own work.

The hardcover that collects the whole series has 4 character designs, but I'd be hard pressed to call it concept art. It's basically 4 costume designs, and just in B&W.

I was just hoping for some Stature variants because Joe and I use Cassie Lang in a lot of projects and some variety other than Ant-Girl, Stature/Titan, and our custom design would be nice.

I'm looking at volume 1 now and it only has designs for the male characters. makes sense since the females didn't really come into play until the second volume. I have the day off tomorrow and will probably be buying a couple trades. If I run across the other sets of Young Avenger stuff I'll skim through them and let you know about the designs.

Yeah, TPB #2 has a page for Speed at the back but that's it. So unless they're in the hardcover, Kate and Cassie got screwed.

Typical Marvel, forgetting the girls exist...

I just checked the giant hardcover, and yes, they have variants of Stature and Hawkeye, including an Ant-Man-esque mask for Stature.

Anyone read those standalone issues for each member?

I saw them in trade the other day.

I have read them.

They were actually pretty good, except for the Vision/Cassie one. I really don't get robot/human love angles. Makes little sense to me.

The Patriot one was damn good, and the Hawkeye one as well.

I'm just surprised they got through the Vision/Cassie story without one "lolz, I'm touchin' yur boobiez!" joke.

I have read them.

They were actually pretty good, except for the Vision/Cassie one. I really don't get robot/human love angles. Makes little sense to me.

The Patriot one was damn good, and the Hawkeye one as well.

If heinburg could ever get around to writing the next arc, I think he'd get to that love triangle.

Latest posts

Back