Your TV "Pull list".

I've seen the first two seasons of Californication and I don't think I need to see the rest.

Just Modern Family and Saturday Night Live. I was watching Mr. Sunshine because of the Modern Family lead in, but I gave up on it because it's barely even mediocre. They waste Matthew Perry, and all the other characters are not enjoyable to watch.

I am forcing myself to watch Mr. Sunshine - I do find it funny sometimes but the whole show just feels like a lesser version of something like 30 Rock.

Currently
The Amazing Race
American Dad!
The Simpsons
Bob's Burgers
Family Guy
The Cleveland Show
The Chicago Code
Chuck
The Daily Show
The Colbert Report
Jimmy Kimmel Live!
Conan
The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson
Glee
Raising Hope
Modern Family
Cougar Town
Justified
Archer
30 Rock
The Office
Community
Parks and Recreation
Fringe
The Soup
Ebert Presents At the Movies
Saturday Night Live

I have a problem.

DAMAGES is superb, E.

Really. It's expensive and demands viewer commitment (since it's so weird with flashforwards and flashbacks) so it's ratings don't justify its cost and it had to shift channels for its fourth season (coming this July) but it's a brilliant show. I love it.

I will look into that.

After my wife and I finished with Lost a couple months ago I wanted our next project to be catching up on Mad Man but I'm thinking I might have to look into The Wire after reading a couple of very favorable reviews for it recently.

You can't go wrong with Mad Men or The Wire. Breaking Bad would be my third suggestion.

I've not seen MAD MEN, but THE WIRE and BREAKING BAD are terrific too. As I say, I love DAMAGES.

I've not seen MAD MEN, but THE WIRE and BREAKING BAD are terrific too. As I say, I love DAMAGES.

Have you gotten a chance to watch Dexter yet? Michael C Hall is amazing in it and I'm shocked he hasn't won an emmy yet.

Updating list.

Sundays:
Boardwalk Empire
Dexter
Family Guy
American Dad
Eastbound & Down
The Walking Dead
The Cleveland Show
Leverage
Sherlock
Bob's Burgers
The Venture Bros.

Mondays:
Chuck
Castle
How I Met Your Mother
House
Eureka
Warehouse 13
Alphas

Tuesdays:
Glee
NCIS
White Collar
Covert Affairs

Wednesdays:
Royal Pains
Modern Family
Cougar Town
Psych
Law & Order: SVU

Thursdays:
Community
The Big Bang Theory
Rules of Engagement
Parks & Recreation
30 Rock
The Office
Bones
Burn Notice
Suits
Fairly Legal
Futurama

Fridays:
Fringe
Thundercats

Saturdays:
Doctor Who
Saturday Night Live
Pokemon: Black & White

And CONAN, which is Mondays-Thursdays.

Last edited:
Currently:

Alphas
Breaking Bad
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Damages
Falling Skies
Jon Benjamin Has A Van
Louie
True Blood
Wilfred

I thought Jon Benjamin was only 6 episodes?

Currently:

The Soup
Ebert Presents at the Movies
Friday Night Lights (I still have the finale to watch!)
The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson
Falling Skies
True Blood
The Daily Show
The Colbert Report
Jimmy Kimmel Live!
Wilfred
Louie

Now that the TV season is back full-blast, I think a "pull list" is in order

First, my favorite 10 shows on the air...

1. Dexter (Showtime)...this is possibly one of the best-done series on TV these days, after "Lost", "24" and "Prision Break" finished their run. C. Hall is an incredibly adept actor and the cast has always been incredibly selected, as well as the love interest and the villain. Looking forward to Season 6.

2. Fringe (Fox)...twist after twist, three very likeable characters, and a "real-life sci-fi" look, with very interesting cases. Last year´s cliffhanger was definitely the best one so far....where the heck is Peter?

3. White Collar (USA)...this has got to be one of the most fun series to watch, the chemistry between Peter and Neal is really funny, and the ongoing storyline mixes elegantly with the cases of each episode...I really wish this series had more episodes per year...

4. Criminal Minds (CBS)...this Behavioral Unit has been looking for unsubs for much longer I thought this concept could last (seventh season now) Great addition with Joe Monteagna, and a wonderful cast that keeps every season very much alive. Too bad about the spinoff, I think it needed another chance.

5. Psych (USA)...Shawn and Burton have got to be the funniest pair in TV today (Even though they dont have the exposure of say, "Two and a half men"). Every episode of this series has got me laughing out loud with the wackiest cases, and James Roday is just too funny! Waiting for season 6

6. The Mentalist (CBS)...Patrick Jane is a character in himself, I have never seen such an irreverent wise guy get away with so much sh*% in a serious TV series...the "Red John" saga has been intelligently laid out through the first three seasons, I cant wait to see how he gets out of his latest predicament-cliffhanger!!

7. The Killing (AMC)...I really hope this series has a second season, these guys make really great quality TV (The Walking Dead, The Prisoner, etc.) and The Killing had such deep character insight, so many twists during the series that you could not imagine until the last mintues of episode 13 who the killer was...hope it continues :)

8. Warehouse 13 (Sci-Fi)...This is one of my guilty pleasures, just to watch Artie, Myka, Pete, Claudia and the gang run around the world looking for artifacts, this show is just too much fun! Hope people out there are watching the end of season 3...

9. Modern Family (ABC)...You´re not watching this one? Come on! You really are missing out here...

10. NCIS L.A. (CBS)...Chris O´Donnell and LL Cool J...in LA? Fighting crime? Way too much fun, was the Top show in the U.S. for quite a few weeks...

Also watching, among others, Alphas, Haven & Eureka (Sci-Fi), NCIS, CSI (CBS), Covert Affairs (USA), THe Office (NBC), The Middle (ABC), Workaholics, Robot Chicken, The Listener, BOnes, Onion News Network...there are way too many shows out there....

Looking forward to new series

-Ringer (great debut!)
-Up all night (boring first episode...hope it picks up)
-Person of Interest
-Unforgettable
-Homeland

Happy Pilot Season!!!

For September/October:

2 Broke Girls
A Gifted Man
Allen Gregory
American Horror Story

An Idiot Abroad
Archer
Boardwalk Empire
Bored to Death
Breaking Bad
Charlie's Angels
Community
Dexter
Doctor Who
Free Agents
Fringe
Grimm
Homeland

House
Hung
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Modern Family
Once Upon A Time
Pan Am

Parks and Recreation
Person of Interest
Prime Suspect

Sons of Anarchy
Terra Nova
The Office
The Playboy Club
The Walking Dead
Up All Night

The bolded shows depend on whether I like the pilot or not.

ProjectX2 said:
For September/October:

2 Broke Girls
A Gifted Man
Allen Gregory
American Horror Story
An Idiot Abroad
Archer
Boardwalk Empire
Bored to Death
Breaking Bad
Charlie’s Angels
Community
Dexter
Doctor Who
Free Agents
Fringe
Grimm
Homeland
House
Hung
It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Modern Family
Once Upon A Time
Pan Am
Parks and Recreation
Person of Interest
Prime Suspect
Sons of Anarchy
Terra Nova
The Office
The Playboy Club
The Walking Dead
Up All Night

The bolded shows depend on whether I like the pilot or not.

Thanks for the list, it is very thorough, i will be looking forward to thoae pilots!! :)

Ice said:
Someone else who likes Psych, White Collar, & Warehouse 13, all right Kennedy! :rockon:

Thanks Ice, I think USA, Sci-Fi and AMC are putting out some real good shows with a fraction of the budget of the four big ones...at the end it all comes down to putting a good story out there, isnt it? Happy trails!!

Latest posts

Back