Your TV "Pull list".

The only shows I go out of my way to watch are The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, and The Late Late Show

Other than that, my tv's usually on in the background with re-runs of stuff like South Park, Futurama, Venture Bros. Clone High, Frisky Dingo, etc.

When vampires sparkle, an entire generation has epically failed.

When a God speaks. He speaks the truth.

Bring back the days when all that a Vampire sparkled with was Whedons awesome.

As for my 'pull list'...

Family Guy (When I remember)
American Dad (When I remember)
Heroes
How I Met Your Mother
The Big Bang Theory
Smallville
Dollhouse
Psych
Stargate Universe

I'll preface this with: T.V. is currently my main form of entertainment. Don't judge me by the hours, judge me by the quality.

My current fall schedule:

Sunday: Whatever T.V. on DVD my wife and I are currently working on. Recent shows have included The West Wing, Arrested Development, 30 Rock, Big Bang Theory, Undeclared, Freaks and Geeks, Smallville. Either we are watching shows we have decided to "DVD-Wait" or we are catching up on shows that we never started, but were introduced to after the fact.

Monday:
Early Morning: Angel
Evening: T.V. on DVD
How I Met Your Mother
T.V. on DVD
Big Bang Theory

Tuesday:
Evening:
Me: nothing
Wife: So You Think You Can Dance

Wednesday:
Early Morning: So You Think You Can Dance/Angel
Evening: So You Think You Can Dance
Glee

Thursday:
Early morning: Angel
Evening: T.V. on DVD
Survivor
The Office
Gray's Anatomy
Private Practice

Friday:
Dollhouse
Ugly Betty

Saturday:
College Football

This is pretty good, considering the fact that we have culled One Tree Hill, 90210, Desperate Housewives, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, John and Kate + 8, and Heroes from our watch-list.

The spring will get interesting with the addition of Friday Night Lights, Chuck, and Lost.

Sunday
Food Network Challenge
Family Guy
The Next Iron Chef
Iron Chef America

Monday
Good Eats
Heroes
Jon & Kate Plus Eight
Heroes
Unwrapped
Dancing With The Stars

Tuesday
Dancing With The Stars
Dirty Jobs

Wednesday
Glee
Modern Family
Cougar Town
Man v. Food
Top Chef: Las Vegas
MythBusters

Thursday
Grey's Anatomy
The Office
Project Runway
Ace Of Cakes

Friday
Smallville
How It's Made
Chefs vs. City

Saturday
Catching up on my DV-R

I also fill my time with the History Channel, Discovery Channel, vh1, Comedy Central, and Food TV

The TV shows that I watch are as followed...

Entourage
Lost
Curb Your Enthusiasm
True Blood
Flash Forward
Survivor
The Office
Flight of the Conchords
Eastbound and Down
Bored to Death
The Cleveland Show

Currently:

Louie
Sherlock
Mad Men
True Blood
Hung
Rubicon

Soon:

Dexter, Boardwalk Empire, The Walking Dead, Undercovers, Hawaii Five-O, Nikita, Running Wilde, Terra Nova

Last edited:
Interesting thread that I've missed until now.

Pull list:
Red Sox Baseball
any NFL football (esp. Patriots, and Monday night)

other than that, I have no must watch TV shows. We have the TV on a lot in my house, but those are the only shows I make a point of watching. I guess the exception would be that my wife and I look for shows that we can watch together, even though our schedules sometimes prevent that.... Reality tv shows, for better or worse, fit this bill, I think because you can miss an episode and still be OK. Big Brother for example (I admit it) is one we watch together.

HAHA!

I know I'm supposed to hate all things 'Yankee'... But my relationship with Yankeedon is, at least marginally, more complex than that.

Yankee fans are passionate about their team, so my best baseball debates have been against Yankee fans.

I enjoy finding common ground, as well. For example, a Sox fan that simply 'hates' Derek Jeter is just being stupid. Jeter is class and determination with a glove. I also have a lot of respect for Posada. Catchers are field generals, and he's kept excellent offensive skills for years, as well as being a general force (and, unfortunately, a Sox-killer). Mariano Rivera is a legend. How ANY fan can not respect those three is beyond me.

Besides - all Sox-Yankees games are exciting and engaging. (how can serialized TV compete?? :) )

September is a big month:

Mad Men
Rubicon
Sons of Anarchy
Terriers
Louie
Nikita
True Blood
Hung
House
Lone Star
The Event
Hawaii Five-0
Running Wilde
Undercovers

Modern Family
Community
30 Rock
Fringe
The Office
Human Target
Boardwalk Empire
Dexter
Bored to Death
Eastbound and Down

The pilots are bolded - if they're bad, I probably won't watch the second episode. Even though Human Target is starting it's second season, I'm also only giving that one chance to impress.

Last edited:
Time for the new list!

Currently/soon to begin shows first, and then shows that ended their season or mid-season break at the bottom bolded.

Boardwalk Empire
Dexter
Family Guy
American Dad
Eastbound & Down
The Walking Dead
The Cleveland Show
The Venture Bros.
Rubicon
Chuck
House
How I Met Your Mother
Rules of Engagement
NCIS
Glee
Running Wilde
Modern Family
Cougar Town
Psych
Undercovers
Law & Order: SVU
Community
Parks & Recreation
30 Rock
Big Bang Theory
Fringe
Burn Notice
Human Target
Saturday Night Live

Leverage
Covert Affairs
White Collar
Royal Pains
Eureka
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Warehouse 13

I think I remembered everything. Or least most of it.

Last edited:
I don't watch a ton of tv, but NBC Thursdays is just about the best thing ever. I never, never, EVER miss Community, Parks and Recreation, The Office, and 30 Rock. Sometimes I get to them a day late, but I always catch them.

And that's about it. If I happen to catch Seinfeld in reruns I'll watch it, and sometimes I watch Saturday Night Live.

DAMAGES is superb, E.

Really. It's expensive and demands viewer commitment (since it's so weird with flashforwards and flashbacks) so it's ratings don't justify its cost and it had to shift channels for its fourth season (coming this July) but it's a brilliant show. I love it.

Currently
The Chicago Code
Modern Family
Mr. Sunshine
Justified
Archer
Community
The Office
Parks and Recreation
30 Rock
Fringe
House (I'm behind)