Zune vs. iPod

I avoid buying things from Apple because they're so smug. But I think I may crack and buy an ipod. The only thing is, one of the secondary reasons I'd get a player is so I could clear up all the music I have in my hard drive. Besides which, with my CD's added in, I don't have enough space on my laptop to hold all of my music. Do you have to keep all your music as a backup for your ipod, or not?

I avoid buying things from Apple because they're so smug. But I think I may crack and buy an ipod. The only thing is, one of the secondary reasons I'd get a player is so I could clear up all the music I have in my hard drive. Besides which, with my CD's added in, I don't have enough space on my laptop to hold all of my music. Do you have to keep all your music as a backup for your ipod, or not?

Yeah, if the music's not where it was on the harddrive when you loaded it onto the iPod it will request you to locate it or otherwise it won't play.

Yeah, if the music's not where it was on the harddrive when you loaded it onto the iPod it will request you to locate it or otherwise it won't play.

hm... In that case, what about other media players? Do all of them do that, or do ipods just do it because they're made by Apple? and I hate Apple....

hm... In that case, what about other media players? Do all of them do that, or do ipods just do it because they're made by Apple? and I hate Apple....

Zune lets you listen to music not located on your harddrive, so long as you don't auto-sync with your library at every plugin. It even lets you take music from your friend's zunes and transfer their music to your library/computer.

Latest posts

Back