Marvel: Your Universe Thread

Houde presents HOUDE-ATARY!

Houde-atary is copyrighted and trademarked by VVDoom Corp.

HAHAHAH! I can see it now, Captain America becoming a Western with increased amounts of gore and violence because of the shocks!

Ennis writes a lot of WWII comics.

I honestly have no idea why someone who is good with government conspiracies and covers ups and all that would be good with Thor.

Hickman has written a lot more than just Nightly News. Everything he's written so far has been different so I presume his Thor would be too.

Warren is better suited to new stuff. I have a feeling he would rape the family aspect of these characters.

I don't like any of Ellis's stuff at the moment.

Hickman has written a lot more than just Nightly News. Everything he's written so far has been different so I presume his Thor would be too.

Well... Not a lot lot more. Asked about that quote that was in the Secret Warriors ad which said he's "the next Ellis, the next Moore", Hickman stated that he had only written "about 20 books so far" versus Bendis' 800 or so.

But yeah, still a good deal of comics.

How is it that Marvel hasn't done a proper super-bounty hunter, especially with super-folk being outlawed.

I know they tried to do it with She-Hulk but that was a really poor fit.

actually it'd be a really good fit for Deadpool. Have him travelling the country with Bob taking down awol super-hero's who have left their teams in each state because of the Osborn management. If only Deadpool wasn't in this drawn-out fued with Norman.

It's perfect because he'd get to make fun of all the r-list nobodies they used to pad out each teams roster.

Isn't that what Deadpool was during Civil War?

Isn't that what Deadpool was during Civil War?

Kinda-sorta

but mostly he was just given busy work, he may have supported the SHRA but like George Bush he's not the kind of support you'd want.

actually, yeah you're right I'd forgotten what happened in that arc, but wikipedia refreshed me

Last edited:
Ed Brubaker's Project Marvels!

Beginning August 12the, The Marvels Project will tell the story of what happened behind the scenes when the Marvel Universe was first beginning.

Writer Ed Brubaker and artist Steve Epting, who won critical and sales success with the "Death of Captain America" storyline, are uniting for the eight-issue mini-series that fleshes out the history of the Marvel Universe. While The Marvels Project will focus on well-known characters like Namor, Nick Fury, Human Torch, and Captain America, it will also touch upon characters like Angel, Fiery Mask, Phantom Bullet, Mr. "E," Electro the Robot, and more.

The title of the comic is reminiscent of "The Manhattan Project," and Brubaker told Newsarama when the comic was announced that the similarity is no coincidence. Much like our world was racing to make an atomic bomb during the turmoil of World War II, this story shows how the race to create super-human soldiers was behind the origins of the Marvel Universe.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/090729-marvels-project.html

Sounds like Ultimate Origins for the Marvel universe. I'm with this! IF if makes the marvel universe more organic and flowing like the ultimate universe this should be good.

sooooo, this "siege" thing

is there any other hook for it other than seeing Thor/Cap/Tony all in one place again?

is Bendis going to cancel both NA and DA to start up a regular Avengers book again, or is this yet another excuse to start ANOTHER Avengers series.

ugh, we lost JMS on Thor for THIS

Rich Johnston at Bleeding Cool rumors that the "secret weapon" Norman Osborne is wielding in Dark Reign is
Miracle Man

Yeah.

That's right.

Gemini said:
sooooo, this "siege" thing

is there any other hook for it other than seeing Thor/Cap/Tony all in one place again?

is Bendis going to cancel both NA and DA to start up a regular Avengers book again, or is this yet another excuse to start ANOTHER Avengers series.

ugh, we lost JMS on Thor for THIS

The feeling I get is that it's supposed to signal an overhaul of the Avengers line, and possibly Marvel books as a whole, moving away from the gritty, "dark" perspective that started with Civil War and into something more iconic. I'd assume that will mean most if not all of the Avenger books will be getting replaced: Dark Avengers fading away (or becoming a villain team. maybe some characters folding into the Thunderbolts), Mighty and New Avengers folding into an iconic Avengers book, and the rumored Avengers Academy replacing The Initiative.

My guess is, the post-Siege answer to the registration stuff will be some sort of non-governmental (or government contracted) version of the Avengers under Cap, Iron Man, and Thor that supervises superhuman activity.

Last edited:
I'm calling Rich Johnston being wrong with that, too stupid.

This is from the company that decided that a deal with the devil was a better way to end a marriage than divorce.

Or that decided that having millions of mutants didn't make them a minority anymore.

Or that green light Clor.

Too stupid isn't a reason.

I'm calling Rich Johnston being wrong with that, too stupid.

I'm never willing to underestimate the stupidity of the comic book giants.

Bendis handling that character in the Marvel universe is such a terrible idea that I actually want to see it in action.

Or that green light Clor.

What's wrong with Clor? He was a character designed to create animosity. He showed up and killed a dude and was the breaking point for Peter to switch sides... how was that stupid at all?

You know what pissed me off about that whole Clor deal?

His killing Goliath off ****ing scared Cable off.

It is entirely unlike Cable to turn tail when the **** gets real.

What's wrong with Clor? He was a character designed to create animosity. He showed up and killed a dude and was the breaking point for Peter to switch sides... how was that stupid at all?

It's stupid that Reed would make a robot clone of his dead buddy.

Latest posts

Back