2006 Ultimates Annual news

Bass said:
...the way humans evolved from apes.

Lean over here so I can smack you. PLEASE tell me no one taught you humans evolved from apes, or I will have to smack him/her as well....

Ultimate Houde said:
Stupid British TV
British people are just ignorant. They're too busy drinking tea and having bad teeth to see the complex racial relationships that we know all about in America. We know that people of different races will never get along, so we should just mock each other and make racist jokes until we explode into a violent race war.

Sounds freaking awesome. I geeked out when Cap and Falcon decided to team up in Extinction.

Plus, Falcon was always a much cooler companion to Cap then Bucky ever was. :roll:

Rhyo said:
Lean over here so I can smack you. PLEASE tell me no one taught you humans evolved from apes, or I will have to smack him/her as well....

...are you serious??

we share common ancestors... (perhaps not apes themselves, i don't quite remember...) but we are of the same ancestors, apes and us...

Last edited:
Marvel Previews book has a one page preview where it has Cap and Sam coming out of a plane (or copter. either or).

And yes, it has dialogue.

Bass said:
While sounding interesting, I can't help but be remembered of Red Dwarf, a British sci-fi comedy in which the four main characters were; an android designed to clean toilets, a hologram of one of the dead crew, the last human being alive, and a being that evolved from cats the way humans evolved from apes.

Out of these four, the only humanoid creatures (the last human and the cat) are played by black actors and the other two (the android and hologram) are played by white actors.

In 8 years there is not one single scene, not one single line, that even mentions racism.

That, my friends, is not only unbelievably rare, but it's called 'progress'.

Hey - that's a novel concept. It's only 2006.

marvelman said:
...are you serious??

we share common ancestors... (perhaps not apes themselves, i don't quite remember...) but we are of the same ancestors, apes and us...

That is correct. But we did not evolve from apes (or monkeys), and that was what I was *****ing at Bass about. Having taught geology, it's one of the many statements that drives me nuts (and the list is loooooong).

Bass said:
That, my friends, is not only unbelievably rare, but it's called 'progress'.
I disagree. 'Progress' would be if there was NO RACISM or any other form of bigotry in the world. Ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away, it just hides it beneath the surface.
Of course, "Red Dwarf" was just one of the funniest shows I ever watched! Love British humor!

Rhyo said:
The point being that the "plus one year" push between V1 and V2 of Ultimates pushed it ahead of all the other Ultimate U titles, and now they're going to do it again.
Yeah, but it comes out once every two or three months, instead of once a month (or twice a month in the case of USM), so the others can catch up fairly easily.
Random said:
Yeah they addressed that in vol 1 when cap wakes up and Fury says he's a general, Cap thinks somethings up and attacks saying, "I knew the highest rankin nbalck man in the military, and he just a captian." or something to that effect
Could it be... the black Captain America..? :shock:

jtg3885 said:
Yeah, but it comes out once every two or three months, instead of once a month (or twice a month in the case of USM), so the others can catch up fairly easily.
They should be able to, but keep in mind that most USM stories take six issues to tell and only take place over a couple of days (I said "most"). On the other hand, The Ultimates is already set a year ahead, and we get large time jumps (weeks mostly), sometimes from issue to issue.

jtg3885 said:
Could it be... the black Captain America..? :shock:
While I thought that was a cool idea in the 616, I think it'd be kinda redundant to bring him in here. Not a problem to just have him as plain old Isaiah Bradley (a soldier), but not as another supersoldier, since Cap's supposed to be one of a kind.

Latest posts

Back