30 Rock **Spoilers**

Finally caught the first few episodes on this on someone's torrent drive.

I was expecting to be disappointed due to all the frothing excitement and praise this show has been getting (overhype) but I like it.

It's like Studio 60 but only if you replace self-masturbatory drama with self-deprecating humor.

30 Rock gets better as the season goes along, and Season 2 goes back a little bit, but it also seems to be getting better week by week...

So definitely keep watching. The last few episodes of Season 1 are the best the show has seen so far.

Tina Fey on the cover of EW. Sorry I couldn't make the image larger, fellas.

TinaFey.jpg

Tonight's ep was pretty good, but my God.... Tracey Morgan is just so awful. I don't get it either, he was always so good and with such excellent comedic timing back on Saturday Night Live, but here.... is he just high all the time or something? It sounds like it's taking his last strength just to force out every line. It drags down the people he's playing off and ruins the whole show because everything he says is so awkwardly delievered it falls flat.

But other than him, the show was pretty good.

[youtube]4dOkWqgM_oI[/youtube]

My favorite moment as well. Was my Facebook status for a while, too.

This show is officially greater than "The Office" to me now. "Office" Seasons 4 and 5 have been increasingly lacking in the humor&heart department that I'd come to know and love in Seasons 2 and 3. "30 Rock", meanwhile, has been consistently excellent all throughout its run.

But my favorite comedy of 2008? "Chuck".

Yes, "Chuck". (Right, VVD?)
Start watching it, people!

I have been looking for a new comedy show to watch and this sounds like it will be the one. I'm going to buy Season 1 when I come across it next.

I have watched the first disc of Season 1. It's alright. I don't laugh as much as others evidently have but there are a couple of very witty bits. Adam Baldwin and the page guy are the best.

I'm looking forward to Will Arnett.

Latest posts

Back