30 Rock **Spoilers**

Last night's episode was probably the weakest of the season. LL's "nose" line was funny.....as was the Tupac line.

But for the most part the episode was meh. Funny as hell.....but meh compared to the rest.

From "Hard Ball"

The MSNBC News ticker

Panda Murder-Suicide Shocks China
Wolf Blitzer injured in Wolf Blitz
Mysterious Visitor from Future Wins Lottery Again
Anne Heche Leaves Husband ... (it continued, but the TV was turned off)

Good news for 30 Rock. It'll return earlier than it was expected to (April 5th) and it will move to 9:00. Plus, I heard that April 5th's episode is going to be supersized, which probably means it won't start exactly at either time (9 and 9:30).

Bad news for 30 Rock. NBC is still undecided on whether or not they should keep it on the air for a second season.

Last week's episode awful.

Not only were the laughs few and far between, but the entire plot was a flat-out ripoff of an episode of Spin City I saw a while ago, in which Charlie Sheen's father(played by Martin Sheen) comes to visit him, is scorned at first since he used to be a con man, promises he's changed, organizes a big charity event, then reveals that the whole thing was a big con, and that (get this) the initials of the charity were C.A.S.H., which is what all the checks are made out to.

Not cool, Tina Fey, not cool. :noway:

Last week's episode awful.

Not only were the laughs few and far between, but the entire plot was a flat-out ripoff of an episode of Spin City I saw a while ago, in which Charlie Sheen's father(played by Martin Sheen) comes to visit him, is scorned at first since he used to be a con man, promises he's changed, organizes a big charity event, then reveals that the whole thing was a big con, and that (get this) the initials of the charity were C.A.S.H., which is what all the checks are made out to.

Not cool, Tina Fey, not cool. :noway:

While last week's episode was probably one of the weaker episodes....it was still great. Nathan Lane is awesome.

And we got the greatest invention since the onion bagel-------FIST NAMES! :lol:

All of there episodes tonight are 40 minutes. The used to do this awhile ago, called them super sized episodes or something like that. A major event is probably happening in one of the episodes, that's why.

EDIT: Found out what it is. For those of us who watch Scrubs, our favorite religious nurse's fate is going to be revealed.

Last edited:
THE FIRST SEASON'S OVER!

Hopefully they'll the release the DVDs in time to raise awareness about the show for its second season.

Elaine Stritch was great as Jack's Mom.

And I love Liz Lemon.

I'm more relieved that NBC actually let an entire show thru an actual season.

I mean holy hell they were cancelling **** left and right.

"I'm waiting on the bus. I should go and concentrate on that." :lol:

Sean Hayes as Kenneth's cousin was fantastiko!

So this Thursday they're gonna air the rerun with Paul Rubens as the inbred midget European Prince.

It's quite possibly one of the funniest episodes of the season. You have to see this if you haven't.

Got the Box Set, Showed it all to my roommate.

AND IT WON BEST COMEDY AT THE EMMYS!!!

Hellz Yeah.

You Go, Tina Fey!

AND IT WON BEST COMEDY AT THE EMMYS!!!

And yet it still is in 137th place in the ratings for the '06-'07 season. That's about where Arrested Development was at after its first season and Emmy win for Best Comedy. And then... well, we all know what happened next.

So yeah, I don't expect ratings to improve too much for the show.

As much as I like the show, it didn't deserve the Emmy in the slightest. The Office is five times the show this is. At the end of the day, 30 Rock is still just simple, mainstream comedy, while The Office is an incredibly nuanced masterpiece.

Sorry, but chock this one up to the fact that the Emmy Academy only needs to watch a single episode of each show before voting, so no wonder the simple grab-bag of laughs wins over the acquired, but ultimately far better taste.

Bah.

Latest posts

Back