52 Series Discussion (spoilers!)

The stuff written on the chalkboard, other than saying booster broke time, it also had quite a few other things written on it. Two of the more thought provoking was 'Do not trust the Question' (Not too sure if that was the exact quote though), and the other being 'Who is Supernova?'.

I bet Supernova is going to be related to Booster in some way

Last edited:
hm.... The Question seems to be exhibiting super powers he normally doesn't have. I wonder if that has something to do with it.

He's just pulling the Batman disapear thing.

He can't actually teleport, he just uses distracting gases.

Ultimate Houde said:
The stuff written on the chalkboard, other than saying booster broke time, it also had quite a few other things written on it. Two of the more thought provoking was 'Do not trust the Question' (Not too sure if that was the exact quote though), and the other being 'Who is Supernova?'.

I bet Supernova is going to be related to Booster in some way

And I'm pretty sure there was... "The Others?"

ok i hope this is the right topic but i read DC 52 issue 1-6 and im confused about alot of things

so i decided to read infinite crisis so the story might make more sense but when i went to the comic store they had infinite crisis 1-7 but they also had crisis on infinite earths TPB which one to i get both ?

also can anyone recomenend anything else im more into marvel and i dont know alot about DC alot of strange caracters lol

who the hell is this black adam and powergirl ? superboy and robin dead ? and this war there talking about ?

and does idenity crisis tie in with this also ?

Last edited:
Crisis On Infinite Earths helps but isn't needed.

Infinite Crisis 1-7 in the big chunk of the story.

But you also might want to get...

Identity Crisis 1-7
DC Countdown (Which is collected in the Omac Trade)
The Omac Project 1-6, IC Special
Villains United 1-6, IC Special
Rahn-Thanger War 1-6, IC Special
Day Of Vengeance 1-6, IC Special
The Death and Return of Donna Troy
Infinite Crisis 1-7

There are lots more but those are the vitals.

that or you could wikipedia it.

same with Powergirl and Black Adam.

Good list. To clarify, Crisis on Infinite Earth happened in the 1980's. DC had a huge continuity mess resulting from all these jumbled multiple universes existing, so the Crisis cleared it up. Two god-like forces fought, and in the end, there was only one universe left. In the end, there was only one version of each character (for the most part), and lots of characters from other universes got swept into the main universe. Honestly, I thought it was kind of cheesy, but it got the job done.

IC, in my mind, is better done, but doesn't have as many sweeping consequences. If you understand the basic premise of the first Crisis, you definitely don't need to read it for IC to make sense.

Zombipanda said:
Good list. To clarify, Crisis on Infinite Earth happened in the 1980's. DC had a huge continuity mess resulting from all these jumbled multiple universes existing, so the Crisis cleared it up. Two god-like forces fought, and in the end, there was only one universe left. In the end, there was only one version of each character (for the most part), and lots of characters from other universes got swept into the main universe. Honestly, I thought it was kind of cheesy, but it got the job done.

IC, in my mind, is better done, but doesn't have as many sweeping consequences. If you understand the basic premise of the first Crisis, you definitely don't need to read it for IC to make sense.

Exactly. Plus they take a couple of pages to explain it.

hm... How about we try breaking down what the stuff written on the chalk board means?

52 circles surrounding the earth It could obviously represent 52 weeks in a year, but it also resembles all the multiple earths. Could it be a reference to 52 parallel earths? The fact that Earth has to be labeled makes me more confident about that.

The scarab is eternal? The new Blue Beetle possesses it, and it seems to have new techno-mystical elements, but I don't know how it would be relevent beyond this.

Where is the Curry heir? In the new Aquaman series, there's a mysterious new Arthur Curry, and the old Aquaman is guiding him as Dweller of the Depths. I don't know anything beyond this.

Time is Broken Infinite Crisis ****ed **** up and Booster's screwing with it more.

Find the Last "El" Probably a reference to Kryptonians? Could he mean Power Girl, or somethign to do with this Kryptonian rebirth cult?

The Tornado in pieces The pieces of Red Tornado in Mal's chest gave a prophetic warning. Something along the lines of "52! oh ****! 52!"

Mortal Savage Vandal Savage is dying. Can anyone elaborate? I haven't really picked up JSA Classified.

Further time is different ???

The Four Horsemen Will End Her Rain Rain/Reign. Some sort of elemental goddess-queen? I don't know...

He won't smell it. ???

Man of Steel Maybe Steel's accident?

Sonic disruption(?) -> Time Masters -> Time Servants Not sure. But it makes it sound like there are intelligent forces at work behind these time paradoxes. Sonic Disruptors was apparently a DC comic in the late 1980's, but I don't know anything beyond that.

The reach. The reach. The reach. Could it have something to do with Ralph Dibny?

it hurts to breathe. no clue... Maybe something to do with one of the lost cosmic heroes trying to breathe in space? or Steel, after his accident? huh...

2000 years from now. Odd. Supergirl is now 1000 years in the future. I don't know what the 2000 could be a reference to.

Who is Supernova? Supernova is a character who's supposed to protect Metropolis in Supes' absence.

What happened to the son of Superman? Huh? Is this maybe a continuity error that was written out of existence by IC? Any ideas?

Where is the Batman? off training

Who is the Batwoman? a lesbian

Who is Super Nova? You already asked this, dude.

Who is Diana Prince? Diana Prince was the old Wonder Woman's alter-ego, and a spy. A Diana Prince in a similar slinky costume just showed up in the new WW. What's her origin? Would the government really hire the Diana we know and love after the affair of IC, and would she really agree to join them?

Don't ask the Question. It lies. This one's damn interesting. First, he refers to the Question as an it instead of a he. The last Question series had him getting powers similar to an urban shaman, but this seems to be a dehumanization beyond that. At the same time, it probably means "Don't ask the question" in the normal sense. What IS the question?

Secret Five! One of the Secret Six will die

(Sigma) Te versus (Au+Pb) Sigma Tellurium versus (Gold+Pb?)

The Lazarus Pit Rises! It was used to bring back Jason Todd and Batgirl.

The old gods are DEAD, and the new gods want what's left. The New Gods is a reference to a group of characters in Jack Kirby's old storylines, but I know almost nothing about them except that they don't seem to be affected by the events of either Crisis, and they've been exiled to Earth as of Seven Soldiers- Mister Miracle. It could also mean new gods who've been born out of the merging of the various earths.

Khimaera lives again No clue. Sounds spooky though. Could it be one of these new gods?

Someone is monitoring. THey see us. They see me. We saw surveillance a few panels ago, and someone's capturing scientists. Maybe someone's gathering Brother Eye's technology?

I'm supposed to be dead? As a time traveler, it would make sense, since all history was rewritten? I don't know...

When am I? Is he displaced from the altering of reality?

OTHERS? creeeeeepy... If there are other people from other earths somehow able to contact him... or it could be something else entirely.

World War III? Why? How? We've already seen the worldwide conflict. Black Adam's coalition is causing the world to splinter into groups. There's tension over US superhero interests. Various nations are starting superhuman arms projects. And Lex Luthor has found a way to turn anyone into a metahuman.

Silverblade another DC comic from the late 80's. I know nothing about it.

Find the Sun Devils The Sun Devils is yet another 1980's comic I can't find anything on.

Infinity, Inc. a superhero team that originally started on an alternate earth.

So, here's what we have so far. Discarded from the board, Rip has a bunch of obscure comics from around the time of Crisis on Infinite Earths that seem to be out of continuity. He's also trying to catalog what has happened to all the current heroes in the DC Universe. A few major changes were made to the main earth because of Superboy-Prime punching a wall, but if this is any indication, it would seem that Booster Gold is inadvertently deciding the face of the new DCUby warping time and altering the events of the Crisis. Yet, there still seems to be more hidden here. Anyone have anything to add to what I've posted?

EDIT: The periodic number of Tellerium is 52...

Last edited:
Can someone tell me more about this chalkboard, I recall seeing it flipping through the pages. Whats the situation around it, Who wrote and why?

Zombipanda said:
He won't smell it. ???

I'd guess that has something to do with Elegonated Man, cause doesn't his nose do something when there danger, or a crime or a bad guy?
Just a guess, i only know that after reading Identity Crisis

Random said:
Can someone tell me more about this chalkboard, I recall seeing it flipping through the pages. Whats the situation around it, Who wrote and why?

Booster Gold tries to track down Rip Hunter to figure out why Skeets' predictions are wrong. They find out he has a time lock set on his laboratory so that it opens in 52 BC. Inside, is a chalkboard with a bunch of cryptic clues written down, the names of obscure DC comics mainly from the 80's scattered on the ground. The general theme is "Time is Broken" and he seems to think old Boost's the cause for it.

Shihad said:
I'd guess that has something to do with Elegonated Man, cause doesn't his nose do something when there danger, or a crime or a bad guy?
Just a guess, i only know that after reading Identity Crisis

That's interesting. I didn't know that, but it makes sense.

(Sigma) Te versus (Au+Pb) Sigma Tellurium versus Gold and Lead, two of the metal men

Tellurium is another metal

Sigma is usually the stamp for something new

New versus old

Last edited:
Zombipanda, you are the greatest.

I'm still trying to think through some of these, although I think "Find the Last El" is regarding Supergirl being lost in time... I think Rip Hunter is going to bring her back to the present from an unspecified point in the future (allowing Waid to keep her in Legion for as long as he wants to)

can any historians tell me what was happening all around the world in 52 AD?

Ultimate Houde said:
(Sigma) Te versus (Au+Pb) Sigma Tellurium versus Gold and Lead, two of the metal men

Tellurium is another metal

Sigma is usually the stamp for something new

Glancing at it again, I don't think the Sigma directly applies to that reference. There are sigmas placed before a lot of the notes on the chalkboard. Anyway, interesting theory. I know the Metal Men are some old school heroes, but they're way before my time to provide anything insightful on them. Has anything popped up during or after Infinite Crisis about these guys?

Dr. Strangefate said:
Zombipanda, you are the greatest.

I know. I rock.

Dr. Strangefate said:
I'm still trying to think through some of these, although I think "Find the Last El" is regarding Supergirl being lost in time... I think Rip Hunter is going to bring her back to the present from an unspecified point in the future (allowing Waid to keep her in Legion for as long as he wants to)

hm... I was thinking it would have something to do with Power Girl, because she's tied back to alternate earths. But Supergirl's another interesting possibility. What are our other options? The Earth-2 Superman is officially dead. Superboy Prime is still out there and kicking, but I don't think he has an El name, does he? Then there's this Kryptonian rebirth cult? Is there another Kryptonian out there they could possibly be bringing back? What dead or living options do we have?

Dr. Strangefate said:
can any historians tell me what was happening all around the world in 52 AD?

All I know for that period of time is Roman history. It's not a huge year, but it's part of the few years that are building up to Caesar's civil war. 52 marks the end of the Gallic War. By the end of this year, Caesar has most of the forces pacified, and what follows is pretty much clean-up. Pompey is consolidating his own power. I don't think at this point he's started passing laws to hinder Caesar yet, but he's setting up his power base and working through the Senate at this point. Both these events lead to Caesar's march on Rome, but I don't think anything incredibly pivotal happens that year.

Just picked up Weeks 4-6 today. I'm so loving the interaction between The Question and Montonya. And everything else that's been happening has been great action and mystery.

But what I loved most was with the Green Laterns and Black Adam. That whole scene was top notch. I can't wait for more.

Ultimate Houde said:
That symbol is the one your talking about, that's the mathematical symbol for 'the sum of'.

*nod* I know. I'm just saying, it shows up right before most of the lines on the right side of the board, which makes me think it doesn't tie back into just the Metal Men.

No thoughts on week 7?

I really loved the parts between Booster and Ralph. There is so much history there that actually means something.

And he got our first peak at Batwoman. Damn...I'm hooked.

That alien is going to kick their ***.

Latest posts

Back