52 Series Discussion (spoilers!)

Im just happy that somewhere out in the multiverse Vic Sage is prowling the streets of Hub City.

So, thoughts on the epic finale of 52?

I think it was a pretty nice way to reintroduce the Multiverse, but having only 52 universes is kind of stupid... I mean look at the first Crisis, it was crisis on INFINITE EARTHS.

Is Countdown counting down to "Crisis on 52 Earths"?

The other thing thats got me thinking...

Earth 3 - Crime Syndicate...
Antimatter Universe Earth - Crime Syndicate...

Are both Syndicates in existence, or has the pre-crises version superceded the other?

Rip said that the multiverse would become the megaverse so im thinking there will be more

****ING MEGAVERSE?!

So now what?

It goes Universe -> Multiverse -> Megaverse -> Omniverse?

*shoots self*

Well, I liked it. I thought it wrapped up the series nicely and I'm happy to see many Earths, though I seriously doubt they've mapped out all 52 of them (though I wouldn't put it past Morrison to do so). I hate that my beloved Wildstorm is one of the Earths though.

I imagine Morrison and co. may have planned about 20, have rough ideas for 10 and are gonna leave 20 up to other creators who want to create them as and when they wish to use a parallel universe as a plot device.

I'd like it if they weren't all like similar DCU's, or if at least some of them were inspired by vertigo titles...i'm thinking DMZ and Y: the last man..obivously i don't want to have superman prancing about in the pages of DMZ (and i hope/doubt they'd n/ever do that), but to have similarly themed universes could be nice.

Last edited:
They have the covers for Booster gold#1 and the first Issue of the Black Adam mini too.

I just realized our earth - the one the Authority visit in #2, is now part of the multiverse. The Wildstorm Universe is Earth 50, so what's our earth?

And if it's not one of the 52 universes, then that's just stupid - Grant Morrison even wrote both titles.

I just realized our earth - the one the Authority visit in #2, is now part of the multiverse. The Wildstorm Universe is Earth 50, so what's our earth?

And if it's not one of the 52 universes, then that's just stupid - Grant Morrison even wrote both titles.

My guess is that the Bleed still exists in the Wildstorm Universe. So, we have the Wildstorm U, and then all the little worlds that are derivative of it, but are wholly separate from the multiverse. so, it's like, Earth 50a, Earth 50b, Earth 50c....

I thought our earth was earth-prime (minus superboy). maybe that's where they went in authority. I'm guessing things like the Phantom Zone or Speed-froce don't count as universes...but maybe they're different Dimensions..or something similar but different...pocket universes

I thought our earth was earth-prime (minus superboy). maybe that's where they went in authority. I'm guessing things like the Phantom Zone or Speed-froce don't count as universes...but maybe they're different Dimensions..or something similar but different...pocket universes

There's no more prime or S crap anymore. It's all from New Earth to Earth 51.

Latest posts

Back