A Brief History of Superman Comics

Gothamite

I forget, are we allowed post external links to our own blogs? If not, I'll just post the whole thing here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lois and Clark was superb. It's not like Gothamite didn't list its gobs of flaws either. But I mean, if it's not the greatest live-action superhero show, what is?

The Flash. Or possibly Swamp Thing, but its been a while since I've seen Swamp Thing.

I remember watching that on the basement tv at my grandparents house. I remember nothing of the quality of it.

Me neither! And I still enjoy it more than Lois and Clark.

I remember sitting in a conference room at my dad's office, watching Superboy and eating KFC chicken nuggets while he was in meetings.

Superboy is atrociously bad. There are episodes of Power Rangers that are better.

I urge you both to go and watch the pilot of Lois & Clark.

Besides, neither of you have given any actual arguments as to why it's not as good as I believe it to be except that you don't remember it being so.

Superboy is atrociously bad. There are episodes of Power Rangers that are better.

I urge you both to go and watch the pilot of Lois & Clark.

Besides, neither of you have given any actual arguments as to why it's not as good as I believe it to be except that you don't remember it being so.

I didn't say it wasn't good, I just said you had more love for it than it deserves. Which is fine. Theres plenty of things that I love that don't deserve it. Some things just resonate more with people.

I don't really think I did though.

I said it was the best superhero show, ever. Serious (or at least, moderately serious) live-action superhero shows make up a genre that isn't really blessed with quality. Where are the better ones? You mentioned The Flash and Swamp Thing. Why are they better? Can we actually discuss this with points and arguments beyond vague childhood recollections?

Last edited:
I don't really think I did though.

I said it was the best superhero show, ever. Serious (or at least, moderately serious) live-action superhero shows make up a genre that isn't really blessed with quality. Where are the better ones? You mentioned The Flash and Swamp Thing. Why are they better? Can we actually discuss this with points and arguments beyond vague childhood recollections?

Vague childhood recollections? I have the Flash on DVD. Guess I'll have to break it out with a notebook now...

Swamp Thing was totally flashbacks tho.

Latest posts

Back