A question about UIM

Shi_Vral

So, I've been wondering this for the past few days. How many of the people that hate UIM (the mini) so much also hate the re-released Star Wars movies. I'm talking about the ones Lucas put out in the 90's. I'm just wondering because I see the new UIM origin as something similar to what Lucas did with his movies when he re-released them.

Shi_Vral said:
So, I've been wondering this for the past few days. How many of the people that hate UIM (the mini) so much also hate the re-released Star Wars movies. I'm talking about the ones Lucas put out in the 90's. I'm just wondering because I see the new UIM origin as something similar to what Lucas did with his movies when he re-released them.

I see them as completely dis-similar. Lucas released his original films with added scenes and CGI effects, but the basic story was completely the same. I mean the extended editions of the Lord of the Rings movies were longer with added scenes not in the movie version, but they're still the same movie.

This is not the case with Ultimate Iron Man. The character is completely changed. But thats not the problem. Most of us have no problem with changes between the Ultimate and 616 versions of characters. It was just the route Card took to accomplish this most don't like. It sucks, plain and simple. Every aspect of his storytelling is lacking. Personally he's just writing the same story over and over it seems.

Anyway, not a good analogy, sorry.

Shi_Vral said:

I liked the rereleases.

I can *kind of* see the connection, but I personally don't think it's the same thing.

The difference boils down to the fact that It's Lucas that made the changes - it's his own story. And like DIB said, nothing really changed, he just made it prettier. If Millar had written the UIM mini...actually arguing that is a moot point because no way in hell Millar would write a story where Tony Stark is a mutant.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I know what he was saying. It just was so off, I think. He's scratchin the bottom of the barrell to make us think, "hey, Ultimate Iron Man isn't that bad"...

When it just sucks.....

He should be banned for this.
Sometimes, there are those that are beyong helping.

I keed because I love. :p

TheManWithoutFear said:
I know what he was saying. It just was so off, I think. He's scratchin the bottom of the barrell to make us think, "hey, Ultimate Iron Man isn't that bad"...

When it just sucks.....

He should be banned for this.
^^^"Reason #682 Why MWoF Will Never Become A Mod"

Actaully, I'm not trying to compare the two. I was asking, do the people who hate this new version of Tony also hate the new version of Star Wars? Maybe the changes aren't on the same scale, but it feels to me that a lot of the reasons (not all, but a lot) listed for why UIM is so bad are along the lines of "I don't like the way Tony was changed." which is normally the same complaint about the re-releases. Oh, and I'm not trying to convince anyone that UIM is good. I understand that you all hate it, and that the burning hated in your hearts keeps you from ever seeing the good in anything, but I wont judge you for it. :wink:

The only thing I didn't like about the re-released Star Wars movies is that they made Anakin young, and kept Obi-Wan old at the end.

ProjectX2 said:
The only thing I didn't like about the re-released Star Wars movies is that they made Anakin young, and kept Obi-Wan old at the end.
They WERE going to change him, but that guy, when he signed a contract, it last to like 2010 or something. NO LIE. So Lucas couldnt do anything.

Shi_Vral said:
Actaully, I'm not trying to compare the two. I was asking, do the people who hate this new version of Tony also hate the new version of Star Wars? Maybe the changes aren't on the same scale, but it feels to me that a lot of the reasons (not all, but a lot) listed for why UIM is so bad are along the lines of "I don't like the way Tony was changed." which is normally the same complaint about the re-releases. Oh, and I'm not trying to convince anyone that UIM is good. I understand that you all hate it, and that the burning hated in your hearts keeps you from ever seeing the good in anything, but I wont judge you for it. :wink:

Eh, I knew what you meant and actually thought it was a good and fair question, even if I don't exactly agree completely with the comparison.

And for what it's worth, may I remind you once again that I liked the first issue of UIM and thought it was off to a good start.

Latest posts

Back