All about commercials Thread (The Good, The Bad, and The WTF!)

has anyone else noticed, that commercials somehow to be louder than the show itself?

I feel like i'm going crazy, but I have to turn the TV down during commercials, and up during the show itself

has anyone else noticed, that commercials somehow to be louder than the show itself?

Yeah, it's because they know during the adverts people leave the room to go the toilet or to get food an/or drink. They want to make sure when do leave you can still hear them.

Yeah, it's because they know during the adverts people leave the room to go the toilet or to get food an/or drink. They want to make sure when do leave you can still hear them.

well **** them

it doesn't help when you have a headache

especially those ****ing wendy's commercials

So the other day, I was reading this really interesting book called Predictably Irrational about various experiments a scientist at MIT has conducted that show how people deceive themselves.

One of the experiments showed that when people drink Coke while looking at the Coke logo, their brains registered greater pleasure than when they drank unlabeled Coke. This implies that seeing a brand name you recognize can trick you into thinking food tastes better than it does.

This proves my point about how brand recognition and memorability are more important to advertising campaigns than being likable, funny or informative.

So the other day, I was reading this really interesting book called Predictably Irrational about various experiments a scientist at MIT has conducted that show how people deceive themselves.

One of the experiments showed that when people drink Coke while looking at the Coke logo, their brains registered greater pleasure than when they drank unlabeled Coke. This implies that seeing a brand name you recognize can trick you into thinking food tastes better than it does.

This proves my point about how brand recognition and memorability are more important to advertising campaigns than being likable, funny or informative.

It's hypersigils.

Damn it, now they have a reason to make more annoying and more frequent advertising

****IN' SCIENCE!

Re: The Commercial Thread

Man there's a lot of great stuff in this thread, apart from all the busted links. I'm pretty sure I've searched for it and not been able to find it a few times.

I saw a Diet Pepsi ad the other day that was the first commercial in a while to make me laugh out loud.

"Statistically, 60% of people choose Diet Pepsi over Diet Coke.

This means that if the television show 'Beverly Hills 90210' was real, Dylan, Brandon, and Kelly would drink Diet Pepsi. Brenda and Andrea would drink Diet Coke.

However, Brenda likes Dylan and the only reason why she's drinking Diet Coke is because she is totally angry at him this week."

I just saw it. It's totally my new favorite commercial.

Diet Pepsi

Outta nowhere!

This is so great.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back