All about James Bond 007 Discussion Thread

I don't get what's not to like about GoldenEye. It has pretty much all the best aspects of Bond as a whole. And Trevelyan is one of the most badass and least ultimately-a-big-wimp of most Bond villains I have seen.

Plus, a few great "shennanigans" moments like Bond fooling around with Valentine and his goons.

And Boris!

E puts what goes into the filter.

This doesn't answer anything, though. Why does it censor *****, **** and Octo***** but not Hitchcock?

Because Hitchcock is a name people actually have and is not a common phrase crudely referring to genitalia.

Huh? Neither of them are common phrases crudely referring to genitalia. Only their second morphemes are. So I'm wondering how one still gets censored and one doesn't. Did E specifically tell the swear filter not to censor the name "Hitchcock" specifically? Did he forget about Octo*****, or exclude it on purpose through some vendetta against Roger Moore? And what about "wris****ch"?

Huh? Neither of them are common phrases crudely referring to genitalia. Only their second morphemes are. So I'm wondering how one still gets censored and one doesn't. Did E specifically tell the swear filter not to censor the name "Hitchcock" specifically? Did he forget about Octo*****, or exclude it on purpose through some vendetta against Roger Moore? And what about "wris****ch"?

I'm not certain but I believe there's a database the defines names and certian words already confirmed to not be dirty. When E puts words he wants to ban, they all get censored if those letters appear together, whether apart another word or not. octo***** is not something universally help as a name that would appear in spell checkers or databases of the kind, so if E choose to ban the word ***** it effects all words with those letters not in the approved database. but Handcock, actual verified name as well as the name of an important figure in history, its very likely that would be in the "okay" database. E probably didn't add Handcock in anyway, it was already there being an actual appropriate word.

I don't get what's not to like about GoldenEye.

First of all, the music is flat-out wrong. There simply isn't an argument to contend this fact. There is no opinion involved. The score is terrible.

It has pretty much all the best aspects of Bond as a whole.

Excitement? Nah.

Suspense? Not once.

Charisma and suaveness from the main character? Not nearly as much as there should be.

Also, all of the Russian scenes look like they take place in Leavesden Studio's backlot, so that essentially makes 2/3s of the movie look completely fake.

And Trevelyan is one of the most badass and least ultimately-a-big-wimp of most Bond villains I have seen.

Except when he screams like a baby at the very end, when the girder comes crashing down on him.

Plus, a few great "shennanigans" moments like Bond fooling around with Valentine and his goons.

Accepted. It's always funny to see Minnie Driver in this movie.

And Boris!

The man isn't funny. He's annoying. I want to slap him.

Latest posts

Back