All-Star Superman Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Best thing in the issue is that Clark and Lex being almost friends... like Lex admires Clark in a way I had not expected...

This is the best Lex Luthor issue i've ever read (other than possibly, Lex Luthor: The Unauthorized Biography, which is no longer continuity)

Dr.Strangefate said:
Best thing in the issue is that Clark and Lex being almost friends... like Lex admires Clark in a way I had not expected...

This is the best Lex Luthor issue i've ever read (other than possibly, Lex Luthor: The Unauthorized Biography, which is no longer continuity)

I really like Lex Luthor: Man of Steel

So #6 of this came out a few weeks ago. I, as always with this title, immensly enjoyed it. It was interesting, poignant, touching, and imaginative. And most importantly, it had that classic, Silver Age feel to it, without feeling dated. As always, it gets a 5/5.

I almost feel guilty listing #1-6 on Ebay, but I'm sure the first trade will be out soon and I can reread these awesome tales there.

If only All-Star Batman & Robin were this good.

I liked all the different Superman, but it looked like Quitely's art was a bit poor, quite frankly (pun intended).

So #6 of this came out a few weeks ago. I, as always with this title, immensly enjoyed it. It was interesting, poignant, touching, and imaginative. And most importantly, it had that classic, Silver Age feel to it, without feeling dated. As always, it gets a 5/5.

I almost feel guilty listing #1-6 on Ebay, but I'm sure the first trade will be out soon and I can reread these awesome tales there.

I'll get the TPB

This seems like a good comic for me I'm not a dc fan but also not a hater and don't know anything of the new comics at all so this means i don't need to worry about catching up on years of history

I liked all the different Superman, but it looked like Quitely's art was a bit poor, quite frankly (pun intended).
It was only a few months ago that I actually realized that Frank Quitely's name was supposed to be a pun while reading his Wikipedia entry.

I was ever-so-slightly disappointed with this issue; it was a pretty big departure from the over-the-top fun of the first 5 issues. It was still good, just not the same kind of good. Still a 4/5 though.

I believe the hardcover will be out in March.

This was an awesome issue. But unfortunately it didn't stack up to the other issues.

The Unknown Superman actually turning out to be the real Clark was a great twist. Still......with the huge wait for this book. The issue left somthing to be desired.

Last edited:
I didn't care for the sixth issue. There were a lot of nice touches, a lot of nice elements, but... the plot didn't really make a lot of sense to me. I don't see why Pa Kent has to die, beyond the platitude that "he always did". Didn't work for me.

About the golden Superman:
For those who have read DC 1,000,000, the golden Superman is the original Superman from the 853rd century and he lives in the sun. I've never liked that idea and it kinda annoyed me that Grant Morrison is recycling his older ideas. Just a little nit for me.

But the other 5 issues have been great. I loved Lex's eyebrow and Clark Kent's ability to perform all those super-feats without getting noticed. Top work.

I didn't care for the sixth issue. There were a lot of nice touches, a lot of nice elements, but... the plot didn't really make a lot of sense to me. I don't see why Pa Kent has to die, beyond the platitude that "he always did". Didn't work for me.

About the golden Superman:
For those who have read DC 1,000,000, the golden Superman is the original Superman from the 853rd century and he lives in the sun. I've never liked that idea and it kinda annoyed me that Grant Morrison is recycling his older ideas. Just a little nit for me.

But the other 5 issues have been great. I loved Lex's eyebrow and Clark Kent's ability to perform all those super-feats without getting noticed. Top work.

Yeah, I liked issue six, but I didn't see the logic in killing Pa Kent. Incidentally, I have the trade for 1,000,000 but have yet to start it... I actually like the way Morrison stories flow into each other... except for the fact that I haven't read the stories yet.

Yeah, I liked issue six, but I didn't see the logic in killing Pa Kent. Incidentally, I have the trade for 1,000,000 but have yet to start it... I actually like the way Morrison stories flow into each other... except for the fact that I haven't read the stories yet.

PANDRIO!!!!

You evil little penquin. Where the hell have you been?

I downloaded DC One Million to see how it ties into #6's Supermen.

When does #7 come out?

I read #7 thought it was pretty awsome. I'm slightly confused about the bizarro history with this continuity, is it just like clark said they've tried to invade before...I don't know what bizarro's original story was.

I think this book has opened my eyes a bit to the nature of DC. I haven't read much, I liked green arrow: Quiver and identity crisis and some of the things leading up to infinite crisis..but I always felt as if I was jumping on halfway through something and there was loads of backstory I'd have to check out. I thought being that this is in it's own continuity I'd give it a go. Eight out of Five. Even tho there seems to be lots of things going on and people are always casually talking about when there was such and such an invasion or they fought so and so..but it just works and I don't feel like I need to go and read a million other comics to get it.

And I really like how each issue is pretty stand alone (albeit not the most recent one) but there's a story and it builds on previous issues. Think my favourite is either lex in prison, or his Pa dying while he's fighting with some supermen from other times.

I read #7 thought it was pretty awsome. I'm slightly confused about the bizarro history with this continuity, is it just like clark said they've tried to invade before...I don't know what bizarro's original story was.

I'm having a hard time with it too...I'm reading back to see what they might have to do with PROJECT's Bizarro Clones.

Nevertheless, it was, as usual, a great story with great art. I love this book.

Here's what I've cobbled together. In the Doomsday Jimmy issue, when Superman was exposed to black kryptonite from the Underverse, he started talking like a Bizarro and stuff. From what I see, the Underverse is the opposite of our universe, where people talk backwards and such. Or something.

Anyways, Superman stated himself that the Bizarro we saw in this issue happened when one of PROJECT's Bizarro workers touched him and instead of him becoming infected like the fat black girl did, it spawned that Bizarro.

As for my opinion, I loved it. Morrison has managed to take the Silver Age, which I've always loved, and he's brought a post-modern feel to it. It's the Silver Age for the 21st century and I love it. I'm a hardcore Superman fan, as many of you know, and All Star Superman is at the top of the list of the Greatest Superman Stories Ever Told, along with Superman For All Seasons, Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow, Must There Be A Superman, etc. I dare say it's the greatest Superman story to be crafted since the days of Siegel & Shuster.

For this issue in particular, I absolutely LOVE the idea of Zibarro. One in every five million Bizarros is basically retarded, like one in every so number human children is mentally disabled. But with Bizarro laws, retarded in their society means that the Bizarro is handsome, intelligent, and morally right. So Zibarro, the idea of Bizarro's Bizarro, is just amazing. I love it and I love his costume. Love it. Have I said love enough in this post yet?

Latest posts

Back