Annihilation: Conquest (spoilers)

So the fifth issue was all exposition on why Ultron is doing this. Kree homeworld is about to be destroyed, and the Tower they were hiding in was destroyed by Starlord and group.

Not a good issue though, it was lacking.

Last edited:
I finally got the 2nd hardcover so I could finish this and I really enjoyed it. Like TOG said it wasn't as good as the first Annihilation but it was still very well done. I'm not a fan of cosmic space-type stories usually because they are usually poorly done, but this got just about everything right.

Really I had only two complaints, and one of them isn't even with the series itself it's with Marvel. I don't think that future stories (aside from Nova, maybe) will properly deal with the fallout of this series. I'm not really seeing any of it in the few mainstream 616 books I'm reading (this could of course be because it's a cosmic story). But I don't trust Marvel to expand on the consequences of this whole thing properly.

The only thing I didn't like in the story itself was Adam Warlock's personality. He was waaaaaay too much of a n00b; not being able to figure things out and whatnot. Even his manner of speech was completely jarring from the last stories we saw him in prominently (the Infinity trilogy specifically). It just didn't read right.

The good: The Moondragon change was gutsy and unexpected. I liked that. And you have a whole cool dynamic of two people deeply in love and one of them has turned into a dragon. Cool idea, and one in which I doubt Marvel will explore.

I would have never thought that a character like Rocket Raccoon could be anything but stupid. He was great. And the relationship with Groot was great - I loved the last panel with them where RR is watering the last little piece of Groot.

Starlord probably has the coolest costume of anyone in the MU.

The assimilation of Nova, Gamora, and Ronin was just great. I wasn't expecting that and it was very well done, as was Nova and Ronin snapping out of it.

The use of all of those corny 70s space characters was just handled as well as it could have been. And I HATED those characters and books before this.

4.8/5

Those are more or less my exact feelings about Conquest

Except Adam Warlock's n00biness didn't bother me.

Have you ever read Infinity Gauntlet/War/Crusade or Infinity Watch?

He was a very authoritative figure. This is very different.

Have you ever read Infinity Gauntlet/War/Crusade or Infinity Watch?

He was a very authoritative figure. This is very different.

No I haven't

but I beleive the point of this incarnation was that the shock of being awoken early has caused a sort of amnesia

between that and his new powers, he may aswell be an entirely new character, not that I mind though since I never read any of Starlin's saga's

Latest posts

Back