Annihilation Event

Re: Annihilation Event.

icemastertron said:
Yeap. Lasted 14 issues. This is just a mini though, as the rest. Silver Surfer's mini was announced last year, but that was just it. Now we see why.

Thats a different mini by JMS & a painter whose name I can't remember right now. Completely unrelated to Annihilation.

Patriot Mk2 said:
Thats a different mini by JMS & a painter whose name I can't remember right now. Completely unrelated to Annihilation.
Well, what a coincedence that it's running close to Annihilation. Unless the dates been changed.

icemastertron said:
Well, what a coincedence that it's running close to Annihilation. Unless the dates been changed.

Its been put off for the forseeable future, they're letting the painter finish the series before they release anything. Seems they've learned from the Secret War shipping disaster.

Patriot Mk2 said:
Its been put off for the forseeable future, they're letting the painter finish the series before they release anything. Seems they've learned from the Secret War shipping disaster.
Smart move. Thanks.

UltimateE said:
It was almost doomed from the start. They put out the first issue (maybe 2, not sure) and the artist disappeared into thin air. No one had any idea where s/he was. There was a big delay while they brought someone new on board.

People were wondering if s/he died or something, it was that abrupt. Weird stuff.

Really?! Who was the artist?

i did a topic search and decided this the best place to talk about Annihilation as it didnt seem to have a recent discussion topic.

anyone else enjoying this? i am really enjoying it but cant see anyone else talking about it

I didn't even bother getting the one-shot. The only thing I like from this is Gabrielle Dell'Otto's covers.

It's a good read especially those of us who favor the cosmic heroes.

I'm waiting 'til it's all over to read the mini-series, though I did check out the one-shot when it came out. Anyway, I was reading a thread at another board that says it's been suggested that Annihilus is having his strings pulled by another mystery villain. Obvious choice would be Thanos, but some other clever little monkey poster got me thinking... They said, "Annihilus' sudden power-uppage has never been explained. What if the mystery villain is Franklin Richards, and this series is just a tie in for the new HEROES REBORN stuff later this year?" Ha! Anyway, as impossible as that is, it's fun to think about.

I 'm likng all of them, but Super-Skrull is the best for now. Can't believe the universe is taking a beat from Anihilus :(

How did the WWF take a jobber like Batista and turn him into a world-class animal?

This might not be wrestling, but Marvel sure as hell takes repackaging lessons from Vince McMahon.

jeremiahvedder said:
How did the WWF take a jobber like Batista and turn him into a world-class animal?

This might not be wrestling, but Marvel sure as hell takes repackaging lessons from Vince McMahon.

You are talking bananas dude, we don't have WWF here, but i think i got your point. :lol:

So all of these books are about a single event? What is it (if we know yet).

E said:
So all of these books are about a single event? What is it (if we know yet).
Anihilus explained in Silver Surfer 2 that the universe is making the negative zone smaller so he wants his space back and is fighting for it... That's basically it...

You are talking bananas dude, we don't have WWF here, but i think i got your point
Wrestling is serialized entertainment. So are comics. Wrestling is a real life comic book.

Not so much bananas now, eh?

Last edited:

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
Anihilus explained in Silver Surfer 2 that the universe is making the negative zone smaller so he wants his space back and is fighting for it... That's basically it...

Thanks.

im still going on this event and im really enjoying it. i dig the cosmic characters and its cool to know that while all that **** is going on upon earth that they got some serious *** problems up in space

Latest posts

Back