Annihilation Event

Re: Annihilation Event.

Thanos. :|

Haven't we had enough of Thanos?

icemastertron said:
What do you mean? Last time I remember him being used was in his short lived 12 issue series.

Thanos Quest
Infinity Gauntlet
Infinity War
Infinity Crusade
Warlock & Infinity Watch
Marvel: The End

blah blah blah

Lmao this sounds familiar............say hi to the new generation of crossovers boys.....

Tbh this holds no interest for me(tenner says its Galactus anyway).

Nice cover though,we're likely to see Dell'Otto doing all Marvel's event preview art now.

Which is a veeeeeery good thing btw.

I'm sick of people saying this is a Seven soldiers rip off

Telling stories throgh connecting characters has been a writer's method for an extremely long time now...

What's the point of a rant, no one is going ot listen to it anyways.

Ultimate Houde said:
I'm sick of people saying this is a Seven soldiers rip off

Telling stories throgh connecting characters has been a writer's method for an extremely long time now...

What's the point of a rant, no one is going ot listen to it anyways.

damn right. Joe said he ripoffed the idea himself. There is nothing wrong with it if they still tell a good story.

Doc Comic said:
I'm sorry. I meant "It's about time Nova came back in a title that people actually read."
Nova came back in Marvel Team-Up. And I didnt know people already read a title that won't come until next year. :roll:

Last edited:

Personally, I don't mind or care if it's a Seven Soldier ripoff as long as the story is good. Personally, I hope the idea of the form of Seven Soldiers is taken and used well by alot of people, it has a very interesting and large potential to work with.

EDIT : And E, Thanos can be an interesting character if someone uses him right. It's when Starlin starts using him as his jizz cloth for his comicbook masturbation that he gets out of hand. Notice most all those titles were Starlin titles ;).

Last edited:

icemastertron said:
Dell'Otto makes Nova look cool.
I think Nova always had a costume designed for photo-realism. He looked like an idiot when he appeared on the old color techniques with newsprint, but give him a glamorous photorealistic paint job and I think he shines like a Frank Frazetta homage.

On the other hand, I have mixed feelings about Del'Otto. His attention to detail and expressions and anatomy are FLAWLESS, but his choice of colors strays so far away from bright shine and dazzle it makes you wonder why he's doing superheroes.

Entropy said:
EDIT : And E, Thanos can be an interesting character if someone uses him right. It's when Starlin starts using him as his jizz cloth for his comicbook masturbation that he gets out of hand. Notice most all those titles were Starlin titles ;).

That sounds like something Ourchair would've written.

DIrishB said:
That sounds like something Ourchair would've written.
I would never use the word 'jizz' in polite conversation. Man-paste and pecker-milk, maybe. But never jizz.

ourchair said:
On the other hand, I have mixed feelings about Del'Otto. His attention to detail and expressions and anatomy are FLAWLESS, but his choice of colors strays so far away from bright shine and dazzle it makes you wonder why he's doing superheroes.
The colors do seem a bit dark in his work, but I think that's fine. It don't bother me none. And for this image, it looks perferct.

ourchair said:
I would never use the word 'jizz' in polite conversation. Man-paste and pecker-milk, maybe. But never jizz.

You are a man of brilliant taste.

icemastertron said:
The colors do seem a bit dark in his work, but I think that's fine. It don't bother me none. And for this image, it looks perferct.

I agree, especially as we've only seen this cover showing off his work (in terms of these characters and this storyline), and it does take place mostly in space...where there is very little light except close to a star/sun.

Latest posts

Back