Annihilation Event

Re: Annihilation Event.

So...two months since the last post.
Who else is enjoying this event more and more with each issue? It's just complete fun, in my opinion. I hope it doesn't fall on its face towards the end.

This is really good. They took almost all things that I hate from cosmic stories and made a great universal war. This is better then Civil war, seriously.
I just feel bad about Drax, he was really kicking some ***. I hope it's not the last time we see him.

4.5/5 - Just loved the explanation Thanos had for Galactus energy.

I don't hate anything about cosmic, but this series just sucks. A lot. There's nothing interesting about it, even if it has interesting characters in it (like Thanos).

I don't hate anything about cosmic, but this series just sucks. A lot. There's nothing interesting about it, even if it has interesting characters in it (like Thanos).

I hate cosmic stuff and I'm digging it. It's fun, Drax kicks ***, Firelord, Stardust and that Crimson guy are so awesome too. This is a great series.

Can we turn this into a spoiler thread? Cause I'm going to do some spoiling...

I downloaded and read the entire thing. Once you get passed the first issue it really gets good.

The Nova mini really was good. Drax and that girl made the series.

I really enjoyed the Super-Skrull one and Silver Surfer.

The Ronan was kinda of boring but good none the less.

But it all is the best cosmic story ever. Things that happened in this.

A Kree and a Skull (Ronan and the Super-Skrull) fighting together to overthrow a Kree nation.

The death of most of Galactus' hearlds and the return of Surfer as one.

Thanos killed.

Galactus battling two of his kin and losing big time. Than captured and tortured.

The death of the Supreme Intelligence.

It was very good. I thought of something great that this, Civil War, and Planet Hulk could of led into.

As one of the biggest naysayers I highly suggest this.

Last edited:

there is an Annihilation thread here? wow i should use the Search function more

i've bought everything from this event from start to finish (even the Drax mini that was so cheaply tacked on for the collection that was surprisingly good) and i loved everyminute of it

this is infinitley better than Civil War i highly recomend it. (except the Ronan mini that wasn't very good)

there is an Annihilation thread here? wow i should use the Search function more

i've bought everything from this event from start to finish (even the Drax mini that was so cheaply tacked on for the collection that was surprisingly good) and i loved everyminute of it

this is infinitley better than Civil War i highly recomend it. (except the Ronan mini that wasn't very good)

I agree, I havn't read the Drax mini yet but want to. He was my favorite in Annihilation. And while it seems it was about 4 heros moving closer to the bad. Ir was so much more than just the 4.

i hope the two Herald books that are coming out this and next month are as good as everything else, then there is the Annihilation Saga book that's coming in May

and of course NOVA the ongoing series with the writers from the Nova mini, with Sean Chen on art, #2 looks so fantastic i hope Nova tears Iron Man a new exhaust pipe

Poor
Quasar
Poor poor
Quasar

Last edited:

annihilation was just awesome. well, all except for the ronan mini.
i dig the cosmic characters so much.

There's going to be another Annihilation event. Marvel are nuts.

I've been thinking about getting the HCs of this series, but I noticed that there are only two and neither collects the main Annihilation 6-part series. They only collect the prologue and the character minis. Is there a 3rd HC that I am just not seeing?

I read a smaller article on Wizard's mag.

ANNIHILATION WAVE TWO
Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning, Keith Giffen, Chris Gage, Javier Grillo-Marxuach and Bill Rosemann strap on their deep space gear to give you the most comprehensive map to the stars of Annihilation: Conquest you'll find anywhere!

Nova and company succeeded in putting a halt to the Annihilation Wave for the time being in Annihilation #6, but where one threat falls, several more rise up, paving the road to this year's sequel—"Annihilation: Conquest."

The rest of the article can be found here.

I am definetly going to get the Nova ongoing. I really enjoyed his Annihilation mini, so this should be good.

I'm not sure about the Conquest. I din't read all of the first Annihilation event, only the first parts of Surfer and Skrull, and all of Nova.

Definetlely getting the Star Lord mini. A cosmic version of Fury? Kick ***.
If only we had a teamup of Star Lord and JSA'a Star Man...:shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wraith...looks amazing. Cosmic-Punisheresque? And that image of him is great. I plan on getting his mini as well. Maybe they would make an ongoing later? :rockon: :rockon:

So, I've been reading this. I went into it a little apprehensive because a) some of the comments here and b) I am totally unfamiliar with the creative team.

But I'm really enjoying it.

I am only a few issues in - I read the entire Drax mini, the prologue, and the first 2 issues of Nova so far, but it's a fun little sci-fi nerdy story. And I don't even care for Drax or Nova; I am more interested in the Surfer and Super Skrull books. But so far so good.

So, I've been reading this. I went into it a little apprehensive because a) some of the comments here and b) I am totally unfamiliar with the creative team.

But I'm really enjoying it.

I am only a few issues in - I read the entire Drax mini, the prologue, and the first 2 issues of Nova so far, but it's a fun little sci-fi nerdy story. And I don't even care for Drax or Nova; I am more interested in the Surfer and Super Skrull books. But so far so good.

Drax was my favorite character in it. I havn't read his mini. I read the prologue and than all the minis. Ronin was the only one that was a little slow.

Even though I think his mini was by far the weakest, in the main event I don't think there was a character that I enjoyed more than Ronan. I'll agree with Gemini that Nova's mini was the best.

Latest posts

Back