Arrow show on CW (Spoilers)

I still think it's Earth-2 Laurel. And that might kind of sort of lead to a comic like alignment, just in a different way...

Anyway, Matt Ryan will reprise his role as John Constantine... on a Constantine CW Seed web series (much like Vixen Seasons 1-2, and the upcoming Freedom Fighters: The Ray web series that occur within the DC-CW continuity).

This could also be a way of CW testing the waters to pick up a live action series on CW, maybe limited to 12-13 episodes for first season. They've already picked up Supergirl and it worked well, it'd be a sure thing to pair up Constantine after Supernatural, or iZombie, etc as an extension of the DC-CW universe but with that focus on magic, supernatural, fighting demons, etc.

Last edited:
Yeah, Season 5 of Arrow has been surprisingly well handled. The last episode was a little preachy but at least attempted to offer valid opinions on both sides of the argument. Didn't do so spectacularly well but at least attempted a balanced approach which is something I appreciated.

Yeah, Season 5 of Arrow has been surprisingly well handled. The last episode was a little preachy but at least attempted to offer valid opinions on both sides of the argument. Didn't do so spectacularly well but at least attempted a balanced approach which is something I appreciated.

I thought the best part of the episode was when Curtis said "We used to be able to have healthy debates and disagree and still respect each other." (Or something like that). We're SO bad at talking about important issues. We just draw the lines and despise those on the other side.

Last edited:
"Who is this?"
"It's the Green Arrow"
"Or some guy with a voice modulator, I'm gonna need proof"
[Ollie sends a text]
[The Flash bursts into the office and leaves a note]
HE'S LEGIT

Best moment in all five seasons.

Arrow handled gun control better than anything I've ever seen handle the issue. Providing both sides of the issue and even pointing out that society doesn't want to hear other sides anymore. Seeing how awful this show has been from the start I'm shocked to see how maturely it was able to handle a complex issue without ending in an asspull. This has been a pretty good season. I have this week's episode and I'll be caught up.

Yeah, that was great.

I am so confused about Adrian Chase. He's Prometheus? Then who is Vigilante?

We don't know who Vigilante is. The Arrow writers think switching up the characters merely for cheap surprise reveals later is a worthwhile approach. I tend to disagree. That said this season has been overall surprisingly strong, especially compared to Seasons 3-4.

Arrow handled gun control better than anything I've ever seen handle the issue. Providing both sides of the issue and even pointing out that society doesn't want to hear other sides anymore. Seeing how awful this show has been from the start I'm shocked to see how maturely it was able to handle a complex issue without ending in an asspull. This has been a pretty good season. I have this week's episode and I'll be caught up.

The Simpsons episode "The Cartridge Family" also did a really good job of balancing the issue, while still resorting to extremes on both sides of the aisle merely for gags/jokes. Really balanced episode, highly recommended.

But yeah, I'm enjoying Arrow again for first time since Season 2. And that episode really did a great job of balancing the issue and presenting valid arguments from both sides. I was disappointed in this week's Prometheus reveal. Just feels like a cheap character switch ploy to keep audience guessing (now we wonder who vigilante actually is after assuming it's Adrian Chase due to comics) which just seems a bit hackneyed and amateurish and will likely result in a disappointing reveal for who Vigilante really is. Not a small complaint, but really only one I have for this season.

Yeah, it was pretty good. A bit clunky in that it was a CW superhero show trying to tackle gun control, and the wrap up at the end was a bit too neat, but it was good over all. And yes, the part where Curtis addressed that we can't even talk about issues any more was the best part.

That said, I've been thinking about this whole coverup/impeachment issue. They never mentioned that they found Billy dressed as Prometheus, with his mouth taped shut and a sword taped to his hand and a speaker on his chest. I feel like that should have made a difference. But I guess the whole justice system doesn't really work when a masked vigilante is killing people and isn't accountable for his actions.

Also, the part of the episode where René makes the joke about Curtis not having balls and then realizing he had gone too far was hilarious.
Curtis: It's good you recognized it.
René: I'm... I'm working on it.
:lol:

Laat week's episode of Arrow couldn't have been more tonally different from last week's episode of Flash (the musical crossover with Supergirl). That was some dark stuff. I wonder now if the Prometheus arc is basically over and Kovar will be the villain for the last six episode.

This week's episode will be the last until the end of April, so I'm expecting some sort of reveal/cliff hanger.

Laat week's episode of Arrow couldn't have been more tonally different from last week's episode of Flash (the musical crossover with Supergirl). That was some dark stuff. I wonder now if the Prometheus arc is basically over and Kovar will be the villain for the last six episode.

Exactly. Flash's "Duet" crossover with Supergirl was lots of fun. I enjoyed the self referential aspects of musicals they utilized for humor ("everyone in musicals is so agreeable!"), lol. But yeah, that Arrow episode was dark, and undoubtedly sets up Kovar to play into returning after break in modern day Star City. Perhaps Kovar is one really pulling all the strings behind Prometheus/Chase? I don't think Prometheus arc is over, just that we'll have another player/layer exposed who will be Kovar.

Latest posts

Back