Avast Me Hearties!

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
It's Sept. 19th.......and that means it's NATIONAL TALK LIKE A PIRATE DAY!!!!

old_pirate.jpg

Now as we all know, vikings are better than pirates. But that doesn't mean that in the spirit of togetherness, we can't embrace our inner Jack Sparrow. Savy?

Here's a fun bit of pirate related facts.

On my great grandmother's side of the family, somewhere in the branches of the family tree were the Kidd's, and yes that included the privateer, Captain Kidd.

Secondly, the term bung hole was coined as a term for the hole in which wine casks are filled at. The cork stopper is the bung. (Thank you Mike Rowe)

Pirate fact: The national motto of Kalickistan, back before it got blocked at work and ceased to exist, used to be Avast ye hearties!

How come I've never heard of this, yet year after year, I see kids celebrating it at school?? Seriously, where did this come from and how are people finding out about it?

Gaarr. Pirates are nothin' but a band of make-up wearin', bandana-sportin' English-boy dandies! All yeh pirates can take your dainty little swords and your Johnny Depps and shove 'em up yerr arses.

I hereby rape and pillage this day in the name of the Viking!!

Gaarr. Pirates are nothin' but a band of make-up wearin', bandana-sportin' English-boy dandies! All yeh pirates can take your dainty little swords and your Johnny Depps and shove 'em up yerr arses.

I hereby rape and pillage this day in the name of the Viking!!

Why are you talking like a pirate then (or an Irishman)?

Why are you talking like a pirate then (or an Irishman)?
I honestly don't know how a Viking would actually sound. And I can't find an easy English to Norse translator online...

Viking ancestor?

Prove it.

I did.
Uh-oh. You pissed off McViking!
Enraged McViking said:
Þú efi minn forfaðir? Heimskulegur barn af a fiðraður köttur , ÉG vilja borða þinn andlit með a skeið frá þinn hryggur!
Hmmm.

Translator says, "You doubt my decendant? Foolish child of a feathered cat, I will eat your face with a spoon made from your spine."

Run moony! RUN!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back