Avengers Avengers: The Children's Crusade (Heinberg/Cheung)

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Allan Heinberg appeared on video to announce "Avengers: The Children's Crusade" – the follow up to "Young Avengers" by the entire original creative team including artist Jimmy Cheung. The bi-monthly, nine-issue limited series has seen six issues written already, and Heinberg promised that a cataclysmic event involving Wiccan forces him to find the Scarlet Witch and try to redeem her. He will find her, and the series will not only include the full cast of the Young Avengers as well as all the other Avengers teams from the A-Vengers to the New Avenges but members of the mutant community. The story will build on plot threads from "House of M" on through today, and the writer was excited to present new, unseen interactions between characters.

avengerschildrenscrusade.jpg

Last edited:
FInally! Jesus christ.

This took longer than Ultimate Hulk vs Wolverine

I'm excited, but I'm not holding my breath until I'm holding the book in my hands.

PS: I ADORE Cheung's art so much.

Last edited:
Anyone else pick this up? I thought it was good, except for
Magneto
appearing at the end was kinda out of left field.

I might wait for the TPB in 2013.

I didn't care for this. It just felt... unnecessary. I think I would have liked it if it had came out all those years ago.

The worst part was the last page, where Magneto says his name because it's not like we don't know who he is.

It does seem like a bit of a step back to the period the first series came back, but Heinberg has a better handle on these kids than any of the intermediary writers, and I have to say, I was happy to see this show up. Magneto showing up makes sense, I've been wondering when we'd see him show up in regard to the twins.

So I haven't read this. I'm going to wait for the trade. But I hear there are some continuity issues (which the first page admits to) b/c it was started so long ago.

I find that rather annoying. If you're going to do this, do it. Don't be lazy about it.

Eh, it's not that big a deal. Most people have trouble with that Steve Rogers is in his Captain America outfit. It's really minor.

Latest posts

Back