Batman: Arkham Asylum

There needs to be a "Classic Moments" mode for the downloading, including Adam West "Bam!" "Pow!" sound effects that pop up when you pull off a takedown, complete with trombone noises and stuff, the Stun-Baton thugs making that "Brrrblrrrblbrrrbl!" noise from Batman Forever for the rest of the round if you shock them, and when Batman picks a thug up, he says "I'm Batman" before he throws them.

I can totally seeing somebody making a mod for this by year's end.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should read ALL of Morrison's run.

Its really that good? I hadn't heard much about it (other than Batman dies), but I'll check it out on that recommendation.

bluebeast said:
I'd also like to see an expansion where you could play as some of Batman's allies such as Nightwing, Robin, Catwoman and Batgirl.

I agree. I know some purists will disagree, but I think it'd be awesome to at least be able to play as Robin or Nightwing. Batgirl would be awesome, too. Give each a specific ability or tech that'll allow them to reach certain secret areas of the game you couldn't get to or notice with Batman. Gives a nice impetus to replaying the theoretical game with those characters (sort of how the Lego games do it, just not as cute). Of course, there's an argument against this approach given it wouldn't prove Batman much of a detective if his trainees are better able to find stuff than him, but pish-tosh! It'd be fun!

I agree. I know some purists will disagree, but I think it'd be awesome to at least be able to play as Robin or Nightwing. Batgirl would be awesome, too. Give each a specific ability or tech that'll allow them to reach certain secret areas of the game you couldn't get to or notice with Batman. Gives a nice impetus to replaying the theoretical game with those characters (sort of how the Lego games do it, just not as cute). Of course, there's an argument against this approach given it wouldn't prove Batman much of a detective if his trainees are better able to find stuff than him, but pish-tosh! It'd be fun!
I think it should be more of an extra thing for fun. Like in this game you replay as nightwing but still have Batman's dialog and same cutscenes. Just a fun goal to increase gameplay.

Last edited:
I think it should be more of an extra thing for fun. Like in this game you replay as nightwing but still have Batman's dialog and same cutscenes. Just a fun goal to increase gameplay.

I'm sure you could alter the dialog to fit Grayson or Drake, but i would definetly want a different style of fighting from each of them. Batman is the king of martial arts and gets in close on his opponents, Nightwing is an acrobat supreme and flips around using his agility to misdirect opponents and use them against each other, Tim could even use more gadgets in his fights like a taser or smoke grenades or escrima sticks to take down opponents. Basically cool little tweaks that add to the characters' style and flair. Maybe even have a sideplot for each character in which you have to fight a special villain. Might be too much to ask for but I'm confident the Unreal engine could handle something like that. Boy do i love the games they put out.

I certainly don't hope you HAVE to play as Nightwing or Robin to be able to complete the game.

I didn't want that at all. Maybe they can act as a sidekick during some of the missions and larger boss battles. Probably helping them unlocks the ability to play through the game again with them and possibly expand whatever mission they were helping you on from their perspective.

Its really that good? I hadn't heard much about it (other than Batman dies), but I'll check it out on that recommendation.

Oh yes. It's quite good. I enjoyed the first plot, which introduces Damian, but a lot of people didn't. It's brisk and poppy. But even if you don't like it, push on. It's more of a prelude than anything. The book really opens up after that. There's a gorgeous story illustrated by JH Williams III called The Club of Heroes which I honestly think is one of the best and most atmospheric Batman stories in the history of the character.

DIrishB said:

I'd like to see that further down the line in the franchise, after the dev team has really had a chance to perfect the formula with just Batman. Let Batman by himself simmer for a while and then let the world open up to a supporting cast in the same was B:TAS transitioned to Batman and Robin. If it went a more Gotham Knights direction I'd love to see Robin, Nightwing, Huntress, and Catwoman. If they did a more open world thing, Huntress bike-combat could be awesome.

Last edited:
I didn't want that at all. Maybe they can act as a sidekick during some of the missions and larger boss battles. Probably helping them unlocks the ability to play through the game again with them and possibly expand whatever mission they were helping you on from their perspective.

I was responding more to DiB's idea for them having different tech that you need to reach certain areas or find certain things.

I personally would prefer if the game was completely Batman, 100% of the time, without sidekicks, character switches, team missions, etc. One man, on his own, against the madness. Being able to play as Nightwing or Robin as a bonus in the challenges, a la the Joker in this one, would be fine, but I don't want the main story to have anything to do with them.

Two new maps for Batman Arkham Asylum coming out on the 24th and it's free at the PlaystationNetwork and XBOX Live Marketplace.

In the 'Heart of Darkness' FreeFlow Combat map, players will battle a mob of relentless and maniacal enemies at the Arkham Pumping Station. Even the most seasoned Batman: Arkham Asylum player will enjoy stepping into the boots of BATMAN to take down increasingly difficult waves of insane inmates.

In the 'Hothouse Prey' Invisible Predator map, players will have to rely on their Predator instincts to silently and effectively take down enemies at the Abandoned Glasshouse.

Source: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=10315

Well just finished the game. The ending seemed kind of bla, but still a good game. I liked at the end of the credits you saw a box labeled "Titan Project" floating in the river then Bane's are comes up and grabs a hold of it. It makes me feel like this story is far from over. Now I just got to download all those new maps.

Last edited:
Well just finished the game. The ending seemed kind of bla, but still a good game. I liked at the end of the credits you saw a box labeled "Titan Project" floating in the river then Bane's are comes up and grabs a hold of it. It makes me feel like this story is far from over. Now I just got to download all those new maps.

Actually the ending uses a random villain everytime either Bane, Scarecrow, or Kroc

This is good:
[youtube]-HJzKDim6as[/youtube]

Does anyone else have this map by the way? It's really cool. The skeletons keep coming until you get hit, once, at which point the challenge is over. My record's 10,000-something points. The taser("torch") skeletons are killer.

Last edited:
Ech. So, I got my 360 fixed. It took me about an hour to dismantle and fix the disc drive, but I forgot to take my copy of AA out and it got a mean scratch on it. The game works fine for the most part, but every time I try to collect a patient interview, I get a disc error. It seems the scratch screwed up the part of the disc that holds the audio playback for the interviews. So, I can't get 100% on the Riddler stuff. That sucks.

That REALLY sucks, especially because some of the challenges can only be unlocked by getting all the Riddler stuff. The only thing I can think of is trying to quick-cancel the audio playback by hitting B rapidly the second you pick it up.

That REALLY sucks, especially because some of the challenges can only be unlocked by getting all the Riddler stuff. The only thing I can think of is trying to quick-cancel the audio playback by hitting B rapidly the second you pick it up.

Already tried that, and it didn't work. After some exploration, I realized it freezes up at parts of the map during story mode too. Oh! Well!

Latest posts

Back