Batman, Inc. (spoilers)

Re: Batman, Inc.

LOVED #2. This is such a great book.

#2 mostly details the life story of Talia, and gives a few glimpses into how she has manipulated not only Batman and the Black Glove, but her father as well. A few Black Glove puzzle pieces fall into place as well - I love getting stuff like that this far removed from the original story.

So, Ra's manipulated Talia to be rescued by and fall in love with Batman in order to produce an heir, except Damien was not intended to be an heir - he was intended to be a new body for Ra's. Brilliant. I always wondered what would happen once they decided to get rid of Damien when that inevitably happens...now it looks like we have an answer.

At least the basis of one anyway.

LOVED #2. This is such a great book.

#2 mostly details the life story of Talia, and gives a few glimpses into how she has manipulated not only Batman and the Black Glove, but her father as well. A few Black Glove puzzle pieces fall into place as well - I love getting stuff like that this far removed from the original story.

So, Ra's manipulated Talia to be rescued by and fall in love with Batman in order to produce an heir, except Damien was not intended to be an heir - he was intended to be a new body for Ra's. Brilliant. I always wondered what would happen once they decided to get rid of Damien when that inevitably happens...now it looks like we have an answer.

At least the basis of one anyway.

I found it kind of disappointing. Most of this stuff was already explained or implied in earlier stories.

"Return to Batman #666 in Batman Inc. #5"

BMINC_5.jpg

#3 - another great issue. Matches Malone is captured, Leviathan is getting more and more huge, and Damien takes on a new persona since he can't be Robin. I love this book. I really like Chris Burnham's art except for the wonky faces he draws every one in a while. I like that his style is similar to Frank Quitely.

Batman inc

Batman Inc has nothing to do with how it was described in the marketing. These are not about Batman recruiting more crime fighters around the world but are just batman stories. In the first 4 issues these other characters we heard about make one appearance at a cocktail party. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Re: Batman inc

Batman Inc has nothing to do with how it was described in the marketing. These are not about Batman recruiting more crime fighters around the world but are just batman stories. In the first 4 issues these other characters we heard about make one appearance at a cocktail party. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Threads merged.

I think the first volume was dedicated to assembling Batman Inc., and this second, current (and last) volume has been about them working to eliminate Leviathan.

Threads merged.

I think the first volume was dedicated to assembling Batman Inc., and this second, current (and last) volume has been about them working to eliminate Leviathan.

Yeah. Volume one is about Batman franchising his identity and the slow unveiling of the threat that requires an international force of vigilantes.

The second volume is about fighting Leviathan and will presumably start weaving more and more of Inc. into the storyline as it continues.

At least, that's my take on it.

#5 was incredible. Grant Morrison's run has been incredible but every once in a while he throws in an issue that just blows you away, and Batman Incorporated #5 was one of those issues.

Damien Wayne is such a sad and tragic character. The poor guy can't catch a break.

Thomas Wayne returns and finally destroys Gotham. Amazing.

Having caught up, I'm a bit puzzled at your assessment.

Other members of Inc. show up in the first issue, beneath the sex club. The entire number zero issue is devoted to them, then they show up in full force in 4.

And, I believe they make an appearance incognito as Matches Malone's retinue in number 3.

They seem to be featuring pretty prominently.

I'm slow. I just realized that the guy that Damien as Robin fought in the whale carcass in Batman: The Return was the Batman he fights in the future in Batman #666. Wow.

And Batman Inc. #6 reveals that he is a creation of Talia's, and HE, not Damien, is the Batman in the future that destroys Gotham.

AND we see Damien meeting Alfred the cat for the first time.

Damien Wayne is one of my favorite comic characters ever.

I'm slow. I just realized that the guy that Damien as Robin fought in the whale carcass in Batman: The Return was the Batman he fights in the future in Batman #666. Wow.

And Batman Inc. #6 reveals that he is a creation of Talia's, and HE, not Damien, is the Batman in the future that destroys Gotham.

And we get further explanation in Batman Inc. #7. Plus, the older Damien was "hatched" in the whale carcass.

I loved the "you'd have to do his voice" bit in #7. And Damien's line "there actually is no way to stop me."

This is DC's best book by far and everything is so crazy that it's shaping up to be an incredible ending to Grant Morrison's whole story.

1 more week until Batman Incorporated #8. I'm actually nervous for this to come out if the leaked covers and rumors are anything to be believed...

E said:
1 more week until Batman Incorporated #8. I'm actually nervous for this to come out if the leaked covers and rumors are anything to be believed...

Why? No Robin has ever
stayed dead
, most especially when it's Bruce's son. Well, except for Spoiler, since she hasn't appeared in the New 52 yet as far as I know.

But even if it's true, I'd be absolutely amazed if it was permanent.

Why? No Robin has ever * SPOILER *, most especially when it's Bruce's son. Well, except for Spoiler, since she hasn't appeared in the New 52 yet as far as I know.

But even if it's true, I'd be absolutely amazed if it was permanent.

I can't see the spoiler, but if its hiding "die" then it's because this is Grant Morrison, not some hack.

That said, yeah, I guess I wouldn't be surprised if some other hack did bring him back. But I can pretend the story ends with Morrison, like Bass does with Morrison's Xorn.

I wouldn't worry too much, E. Morrison tends to do much weirder things to his characters than just kill them off, and the whole death of Robin has been so clearly telegraphed since the beginning of the run that I'd be surprised if it plays out straight.

E said:
I can't see the spoiler, but if its hiding "die" then it's because this is Grant Morrison, not some hack.

That said, yeah, I guess I wouldn't be surprised if some other hack did bring him back. But I can pretend the story ends with Morrison, like Bass does with Morrison's Xorn.

Oh I wasn't implying Morrison would resurrect him, but yeah, some other hack would.

Zombipanda said:
I wouldn't worry too much, E. Morrison tends to do much weirder things to his characters than just kill them off, and the whole death of Robin has been so clearly telegraphed since the beginning of the run that I'd be surprised if it plays out straight.

So you're saying Morrison will turn Robin into a gay? How is that new? I mean have you seen that original costume? Green speedo bottoms and shaved legs? Priscilla called, she needs Robin to drop her crown off in the middle of the desert.

He's not afraid to shake up the status quo. His 40+ issue New X-Men run lead up to the death of Jean Grey, and that's what happened.

I'm not saying that Damien absolutely will die, but I certainly don't think he would chicken out from killing him or anything like that.

Well, #8 is out today. I actually found the last copy in the area and was able to buy it.

Damien's last dialogue with Dick was great. I feel like so much was building up to that point.

Damien has been saying pretty much since the beginning that Talia was ruthless and dangerous, and last issue he said that she was worse than Joker or anyone else. I'm not sure she's quite as bad as Hurt, but since she was basically pulling his strings at one point I guess she is worse.

If you haven't read it, Damien is stabbed through the stomach with a sword wielded by his evil twin after a pretty brutal fight.

This was one of my favorite comic characters ever. Kind of a bummer.

The cover to this issue is fantastic, by the way:

1360953891.jpg

Latest posts

Back