Battlestar Galactica (re-imagined)

Episode 7 is going to be called "Hero." From gateworld:

The seventh episode of Galactica's upcoming third season is titled "Hero," GateWorld has learned. (Beware of minor spoilers below!)

"The script that I'm writing right now, has to do with a revelation about something truly egregious and illegal that Adama was guilty of doing during the days leading up to the attack, and how he has kept the revelation of that incident from rearing its head," writer and executive producer David Eick recently told iF Magazine. "An event transpires that brings it all home with a vengeance, and the ramifications are significant. The fun is always in dealing with the humanity of these characters. They're heroes, but we are always discovering their feet of clay. For reasons both personal and practical they have to carry on as leaders and role models in their world. The script is called 'Hero,' because it's necessary to keep functioning."

The episode is set to go before cameras in Vancouver, B.C. soon, as the seventh episode in Season Three's production order -- though the final airing sequence may or may not reflect this.

Learn more about what's to come in GateWorld's Season Three episode guide! Battlestar Galactica premieres in October on SCI FI Channel in the U.S.

Yeah, I didn't include that one though as there's no mention of episode #6 yet, nor is "Hero" likely to be the final episode name (its just what they're calling it while writing it, supposedly). Of course, given the summary of the episode it could very well end up being called "Hero" after all. We'll see very soon, as these start airing in about 3 and a half months.

Battlestar Galactica: Zarek #1 50 Years Before (Comic)
Battlestar Galactica: Zarek #2 50 Years Before (Comic)
Battlestar Galactica: Zarek #3 50 Years Before (Comic)
Battlestar Galactica: Zarek #4 50 Years Before (Comic)

Battlestar Galactica: The Cylons' Secret 50-20 Years Before (Novel)

Battlestar Galactica: The Series Days 1-2 (Novel)
Battlestar Galactica: The Mini-Series, Part I Days 1-2
Battlestar Galactica: The Mini-Series, Part II Day 2

33 Days 6-7
Water Days 10-11
Bastille Day Day 12
Act of Contrition Days 14-15
You Can't Go Home Again Days 15-17
Litmus Day 17
Six Degrees of Separation Day 24
Flesh and Bone Day 25
Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down Days 28-29
The Hand of God Days 36-38
Colonial Day Days 46-49
Kobol's Last Gleaming, Part I Days 50-51
Kobol's Last Gleaming, Part II Day 51

Scattered Day 51
Valley of Darkness Day 51
Fragged Day 51
Resistance Days 52-54
The Farm Day 61-64
Home, Part I Days 64-66
Home, Part II Days 66-67
Battlestar Galactica #0 Day 68 (Comic)
Battlestar Galactica #1 Day 68 (Comic)
Battlestar Galactica #2 TBD (Comic)**
Battlestar Galactica #3 TBD (Comic)**
Battlestar Galactica #4 TBD (Comic)**
Battlestar Galactica #5 TBD (Comic)**
Final Cut Days 75-78
Flight of the Phoenix Days 84-117
Battlestar Galactica: Sagittarius Is Bleeding TBD (Novel)**
Pegasus Days 174-175
Resurrection Ship, Part I Days 175-177
Resurrection Ship, Part II Days 177-180
Epiphanies Days 189-191
Black Market Days 192-193
Scar Days 202-206
Sacrifice Day 210
The Captain's Hand Days 236-240
Downloaded Day 270
Lay Down Your Burdens, Part I Days 271-280
Lay Down Your Burdens, Part II Days 280-660

Battlestar Galactica - The Resistance, Webisode 1 Day 727 (Webisode)
Battlestar Galactica - The Resistance, Webisode 2 Day 728 (Webisode)
Battlestar Galactica - The Resistance, Webisode 3 Day 728-729 (Webisode)
Battlestar Galactica - The Resistance, Webisode 4 Day 729 (Webisode)
Battlestar Galactica - The Resistance, Webisode 5 Day 729 (Webisode)
Battlestar Galactica - The Resistance, Webisode 6 Day 732 (Webisode)
Battlestar Galactica - The Resistance, Webisode 7 TBD (Webisode)**
Battlestar Galactica - The Resistance, Webisode 8 TBD (Webisode)**
Battlestar Galactica - The Resistance, Webisode 9 TBD (Webisode)**
Battlestar Galactica - The Resistance, Webisode 10 TBD (Webisode)**

Occupation TBD
Exodus, Part I TBD
Exodus, Part II TBD
Collaborators TBD
Torn TBD
A Measure of Salvation TBD
Hero TBD
Unfinished Business TBD
The Passage TBD
The Eye of Jupiter TBD
Rapture TBD
Taking A Break From All Your Worries TBD
The Woman King TBD

Last edited:
Agreed, though I do hold a special place in my heart for Lost.

Going to be a really good week (next week) with the season premiers of both Lost and Battlestar Galactica.
Lost would be my number 2, too. Lost is probably more grabbing than Galactica, but Galactica is just so well written.

Lost would be my number 2, too. Lost is probably more grabbing than Galactica, but Galactica is just so well written.

Completely agree. On another note, I've been impressed with the Webisodes SciFi channel has been doing. If you haven't checked them out yet, go over to scifi.com and do yourself that favor. Nice little bridge between the 2nd and 3rd seasons.

Completely agree. On another note, I've been impressed with the Webisodes SciFi channel has been doing. If you haven't checked them out yet, go over to scifi.com and do yourself that favor. Nice little bridge between the 2nd and 3rd seasons.
I've been watching them, and I've been shocked that they've been able to tell so much story in such short bursts.

Also agree on that. Thats a sign of the writers' abilities there, being able to cram so much into just a couple minutes, without it coming off as over the top or uneven. Good stuff.
I thought it was great that they were able to develop a character like Duck without him having an established background.

What a great week next week will be!

LOST returns . . . then BSG!!!!!!!

I've been collecting the comic, I can't say the writing is all that great, I'm hoping for more from this series. The Zarek mini series looks to be promising, though.

The Resistance is much more than I expected and has gotten me over my initial dissapointment with the seemingly rushed season 2 finale.

At least now Baltar is becoming more like he was in the original series, a known traitor in collusion with the Cylons. I can't wait to hear a Cylon say "BY YOUR COMMAND" to him.

Great job on the timeline, Irish. I've said it before, I'll say it again - YOU ROCK!

OK, 2 BSG trade paper backs are out now: "Cylon's Secret" and "Sagittarius is Bleeding" (PLOT SYNOPSIS: Laura Roslin, president of Earth's far-flung colonies, has problems. First, she has dreams of being surrounded by humanity's mortal enemies. Second, there's a terrorist group, the Midguardians, on the prowl. Third, can she trust Commander Adama to keep her secret should she ask his help, or will he use it to increase his power?). This obviously takes place sometime before Season 2's finale.

I have watched all of the webisodes of the Resistance, as well. WOW! What a change. Can you say occupied Baghdad? I'm now looking forward to tonight's season premiere. The webisodes saved the show for me. Note when you watch the Season 3 previews at the end of the Episodes - in some Tigh has a patch on his left eye, in some he has it on his right eye.

Interesting. I figured I'd stop by here today and see if there was any buzz since I found the premiere to be mostly non-interesting. There's not a single plot thread I'm anxious to see move on. Apparently, I'm not the only one non-plussed since there's nothing here 2 days after the show aired. :) I'll keep watching, but I hope BG hasn't run out of steam...

The premiere was a little underwhelming, wasn't it?

It looks as if it will pick up steam, though, in the coming weeks.

I think that we, as Americans, are having trouble dealing with the subject matter. Essentially this is all about Baghdad.

I haven't watched the show, but I do like how they do the commercials for it. Especially for the season premiere. Gave me goosebumps.

I'm borrowing a DVD or CD Rom from a friend, don't know what it exactly is, but it says on it "The Story so far".

I haven't watched the show, but I do like how they do the commercials for it. Especially for the season premiere. Gave me goosebumps.

I'm borrowing a DVD or CD Rom from a friend, don't know what it exactly is, but it says on it "The Story so far".
If you watch only one show this week, watch Battlestar Galactica. Also you can watch the webisodes.

I tend to say the same thing, Maxwell.

Got the second issue of the BSG comic. The story has picked up and improved, which is good.

I'm looking forward to this week's episode.

Latest posts

Back