Beijing Olympic Games 2008

yet here I am, watching comedy central.

Well yeah because it's over now. Had you have said when the opening ceremony was on then it would be relevant to the topic. I'm watching Everybody loves raymond right now on ParaComedy1 but that's not relevant either. :p

But on topic the opening show was great and it was directed by Yimou Zhang and he made it fantastic it really was the best opening ceremony I've ever seen in the Olympics.

Well yeah because it's over now. Had you have said when the opening ceremony was on then it would be relevant to the topic. I'm watching Everybody loves raymond right now on ParaComedy1 but that's not relevant either. :p

But on topic the opening show was great and it was directed by Yimou Zhang and he made it fantastic it really was the best opening ceremony I've ever seen in the Olympics.

i just woke up. you're worse than Joe, other ruiner of days person.

Who else watched the Opening Ceremonies?

Wow.

Just...

:shock:

Wow.

Bravo, Zhang Yimou.

Totally agreed.

I get goosebumps when Scotland the Brave comes on the sound system during the Parade of Nations.

I hate to admit it.... I wish Marvel'd do something with the Olympics, just to see like the Wakandian teams.

Last edited:
Hah! The US swept the gold, silver and bronze in women's individual sabre.

Last edited:
Word.

Does anyone know when the US vs. China basketball game is happening? I think it's the first match-up, right?

I'm all excited, I fenced in high school (I did epee, not sabre), the US has never had a gold medal level fencing program until 2004. (I tried out for the 92 team)

YAY!!!! They're showing the Fencing on MSNBC right now!!

Men's Basketball - USA v China is 10am Sunday 8/10 on NBC

I'm all excited, I fenced in high school (I did epee, not sabre), the US has never had a gold medal level fencing program until 2004. (I tried out for the 92 team)

YAY!!!! They're showing the Fencing on MSNBC right now!!

You tried out? How'd that turn out?

Fencing has always seemed interesting to me, but I don't think I've ever actually sat down and watched a match.

skotti-chan said:
Men's Basketball - USA v China is 10am Sunday 8/10 on NBC

Awesome. I'll have to wake up to see it. Is that EST, or China time?

You tried out? How'd that turn out?

Fencing has always seemed interesting to me, but I don't think I've ever actually sat down and watched a match.

Awesome. I'll have to wake up to see it. Is that EST, or China time?

I loved it, it was a great experience, I made it to the National team trials, I came in 8th. They take the top 5.

And it's EST, sorry I forgot to add that.

Mmm, Kerri Walsh and Misty May. :drooling:

(Also: I :heart: Michael Phelps. There. I said it.)

But the best part of the Summer Olympics? Getting to hear the Brisco County Jr. theme music again and again and again. (Why can't I find that song on iTunes?!?!?)

that opening ceremony was indescribable. one of the greatest spectacles i've ever seen. and the lighting of the torch? just....wow.

me and gf will be watching for the swimming and the gymnastics, mostly. that was great seeing that russian kid who was the alternate for the US pull through on the pommel.

Ah i love the olympics. I still love the fact that in 04 Puerto Rico beat the USA dream team and the first to do it. Man did we celebrate i even lost my virginity that night. Good Times.

Ah i love the olympics. I still love the fact that in 04 Puerto Rico beat the USA dream team and the first to do it. Man did we celebrate i even lost my virginity that night. Good Times.

Maybe it will happen again.

:D Then you might get laid for the second time.

Latest posts

Back