Beijing Olympic Games 2008

Y'know, all of these exposés just kinda scream, sour grapes to me. Like, let's go out of our way to disparage standard performance tricks because we can't even try to plan a better opening ceremony.

Y'know, all of these exposés just kinda scream, sour grapes to me. Like, let's go out of our way to disparage standard performance tricks because we can't even try to plan a better opening ceremony.

I'll agree with that. Even if it was a diffrent girl the opening show was ****ing phenomenal same with fire works I mentioned. Honestly I wish they would realse this years opening on dvd

Anybody else following Soccer,Boxing,Basketball and Tennis?

That guy Rafael from spain(tennis) is pretty Kick-***

Lip-syncing might be standard, but i don't think lip-syncing a different person altogether is. Except for Milli Vanilli perhaps. And a child? To tell a child, we love your voice, but I'm sorry, you're not cute enough to be on tv is kind of cruel. Especially when the girl IS TOTALLY A CUTE LITTLE GIRL!

I'm not saying the ceremony wasn't amazing. Just that the way they handled this aspect was a little gross.

I'm watching Women's Team Sabre fencing and I have to say these chicks are crazy, specially the Ukraine. Every time one of them gets a hit they scream their heads off. Its very weird. Specially since when ever I fence its never serious

Last edited:
I'm watching Women's Team Sabre fencing and I have to say these chicks are crazy, specially the Ukraine. Every time one of them gets a hit they scream their heads off. Its very weird. Specially since when ever I fence its never serious

Yeah, Sister Bethany would have cracked me in the back of the skull for being unlady-like had I screamed and bounced around after every point.

The Spanish basketball team shows everyone how to class it up at The Olympics:

spain-basketball-cp-584-532.jpg

:lol:

I just love that no one stopped and wondered if someone would be offended by this.

We just beat France to get the gold in the track cycling final in Beijing

Boo-ya!

Last edited:
Yeah, Sister Bethany would have cracked me in the back of the skull for being unlady-like had I screamed and bounced around after every point.

My instructors would only do that if I hid from doing warm ups or fence with my sabre upside down (which is very ineffective but I love doing it anyway)

This just in:

I ****in' love the Beijing Olympic Games 2008.

That is all.
For the majority of the sports involved...I honestly still don't get the appeal. I've been avoiding the Olympics for political reasons anyway and I'm not usually a big sports fan, but I just don't understand why half of these sports suddenly become interesting to everybody when the Olympics start up. It's just a bunch of guys swimming back and forth across a pool, just really, really fast.

Last edited:
It's just a bunch of guys swimming back and forth across a pool, just really, really fast.

Yes but in the Olympic Games people can say "Ha we are the best at swimming back and forth across a pool in the world!"

I think for some like me it's the appeal of cheering your country on and seeing your country beat others. If there was no medals or competing against other counties, honestly I'd just not give a **** about it.

I'm thinking others will be the same.

Latest posts

Back