Bendis: clone saga is going to be ‘ultimized’

E

Excelsior Club
Clipped from Brian Michael Bendis's interview at Silver Bullet Comics discussing plans for the Ultimate clone saga - http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/news/108237204927872.htm...

SBC: On your Image message board you said that you have plotted up to Ultimate Spider-Man #87. What villains do you have planned to 'ultimize' in those issues? For that matter, are there Ultimate versions of any villain you plan on doing?

BMB: Villains coming up - Dr Strange (as in Ultimate Team-Up), Hobgoblin, Carnage, Wolverine gets a cameo (heh, I'm ashamed of that), Morbius. Cast-wise there will be more of the high school cast.

SBC: You revolutionized the Spider-Man franchise back in 2000 with Ultimate Spider-Man, now, nearly five years later, it continues to be in the top-five-selling books, how has that experience been for you? Any different than you imagined it would have been?

BMB: Thanks for the grand way that was put… The experience hasn't stopped yet - it's all a process that we [the creators] are finding satisfying and the stories feel like they have a purpose. I'm surprised that other people appreciate so much the stories I'm telling. I never expected "hit" status. And we want to keep it that way. I've learned that the characters belong to the readers. I'm aware that I can't please everyone but at the same time I appreciate that "with great powers come great responsibility."

SBC: You've said before that you plan on 'ultimizing' the Clone Saga in your own way, what else can you say about how it's going to get laid down?

BMB: Yes, the clone saga is going to be 'ultimized', I have the framework set out and some seeds for the saga have already appeared.

SBC: Any plans for the Death Of Ultimate Gwen Stacy?

BMB: Gwen has a high arc in front of her.

SBC: A lot of people have been curious as to where the Ultimate Marvel Team Up issues fit into Ultimate continuity, mostly the Fantastic Four one, what can you say about those?

BMB: Most of it fits in except for a few of the out there stories such as the Fantastic Four issue that was intended to be "nonsense..."

thee great one said:
You know this is probaly the mystery arc.
Wow, digging up and old thread here. I wouldn't be sure but its certainly possible.

I actually think the clone saga was done more or less with Ultimate Carnage. I had read a thing a while back where he was thinking of doing both Carnage and the Clone saga.. kind of as a lark.. and then Carnage pops up with Ben Reilly involved and cultured like a clone in some ways from Peter Parker's blood sample.

the clone saga was one hell in 616 .. i don't hope it will be that @ ultimate .. let's see if bendis can handle the job !

TheApostle said:
I actually think the clone saga was done more or less with Ultimate Carnage. I had read a thing a while back where he was thinking of doing both Carnage and the Clone saga.. kind of as a lark.. and then Carnage pops up with Ben Reilly involved and cultured like a clone in some ways from Peter Parker's blood sample.

That's what I thought, too. I wrote the entire thing off after that... It doesn't seem like you can do much more than Carnage in the UU.

Y'know?

I agree, I think that this is the mystery arc and it's not being publicised because of the uber-fanboy reaction it'll have.

But honestly? I am actually interested in seeing this. Bendis isn't going to try to rewrite continuity and solve such problems as the original clone saga was meant to do, but I think it will flesh out the Ultimate Conspiracy. It might actually be good. I mean, it's essentially the symbiotes + clones.

But it's Bendis, so it's 50/50. I hope it's good.

Yeah, Bendis has been pretty hit or miss lately... The idea sounds interesting, but I just don't know at this point. As long as this isn't the way Green Goblin is going to come back, I'm actually ok with it.

I think Norman will be tied to it, cause 1 of the questions that was asked was about who was talking to norman on the phone in the first issue/arc, and bendis said will be revealed soon, and there was a question bout OZ, and the answer was something like be revealed soon 2

WOW! That's an interesting thing to have going on... Are you saying that the clone saga was going on even back then? Interesting stuff here... I think we've got something for the Baseless board! ;)

TheApostle said:

which is what i was thinking too...but if the mystery arc is it...perhaps bendis didnt want to reveal the name to avoid scrutiny from the fans..perhaps the title reveals a lot about what is going on with the character at the time besides just the "villain of the week".

The Overlord said:
I have question to ask Bendis regarding this news, why?
Because after breaking down under the pressure of Bill Jemas to put out the Venom story, and LIKING it, he swore to "never say never."

I think this is gonna be an Ultimization of both Maximum Carnage and the Clone saga...because Bendis has been saying Venom is gonna show up again! and Carnage too.....

I have faith that Bendis is gonna make this a top notch story arc, I dont think he'll mess it up at all!!

If he does Maximum Carnage he needs CLETUS!!!!!! Otherwise it just wont be the same. Needs mindless violence and insanity :D

Man I was just thinking about reading Maximum Carnage, that was classic wasnt it :rockon:

I need to buy the TPB!!

Widdle Wade said:
Man I was just thinking about reading Maximum Carnage, that was classic wasnt it :rockon:

I need to buy the TPB!!

It was orgasmic! *sigh* :dreamy look:

I think that this "clone saga" Bendis speaks of will either be THE Ultimate bad-*** storyline for Spidey, or it will result in sales declining MAJORLY. But you already knew that, didn't you. :shifty:

Latest posts

Back