Bendis: "I smell an Ultimate Deadpool comin’"

Widdle Wade said:
What about a mini?? Is that possible, something in the style of Ult Elektra, and I wouldnt mind waiting till after Ultimate Galactus cause I know an Ult DP would totally rock :rockon:

Well, yeah, if Bendis were patient, I would imagine the character would rock. Instead of focusing on character introductions, he should build on Peter's character... Allow him to grow up so that you have more options with the character, Bendis!

Wade is my man. My all time favorite character. The first comic I collected every issue to. I cannot wait for this, but I just don't know how the Ultimate treatment will alter/present him. I know they could go one way and present him ala USpidey with a 2005 tilt on dialogue and attitude, which would be tolerable, but it would seem weird if the go the UVision route and we get some weird space Wade with a goofy new origin. I know that's an exaggeration but you get my drift.

I dont know about an Ultimate Deadpool... Ultimate Line was made too make the marvel world more er... "realistic" and Wade for me is kinda the most unrealistic character i've seen (except the whole cosmic gang) He is cool, but i don't think his home is the Ultimate universe...

Trauma said:
Wade is my man. My all time favorite character. The first comic I collected every issue to. I cannot wait for this, but I just don't know how the Ultimate treatment will alter/present him. I know they could go one way and present him ala USpidey with a 2005 tilt on dialogue and attitude, which would be tolerable, but it would seem weird if the go the UVision route and we get some weird space Wade with a goofy new origin. I know that's an exaggeration but you get my drift.

I wouldn't put either past Bendis, either, which may or may not be a bad thing.

Welcome, though!

Has anyone heard anything more about this?!?!? Has Bendis told anyone what the story is going to be about??!?!

Widdle Wade said:
Has anyone heard anything more about this?!?!? Has Bendis told anyone what the story is going to be about??!?!

Nope, nothing new has surfaced at all.

Widdle Wade said:
Don't worry. If there was, it would've been reported already.

If anything new pops up, you'll see cuz the whole board will. :wink:

Yeah, he only pushed back a few arcs out of the way so that Deadpool and Silver Sable could appear. While I don't mind them coming in, I would've rather liked to have seen Mysterio first. ;)

Not by a long shot... I think Bendis has played the two of them up good enough to imply that they will be lasting characters in that particular arc.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I wasn't around when Punisher was announced to appear in Carnage but does anyone think that the appearence of either Silver Sable or Deadpool will be an encounter at best?
Deadpool no, its too hyped. People would lynch Bendis is all that happened is Peter bought flowers from Wade Wilson, Florist. Silver Sable....maybe. Maybe not. That one's more up in the air for me.

Imagine if Wade Wilson was Spider-man's tailor, and in the style of Ultimate issue 6, he decides to don one of the costumes he makes without powers, and try to be a sueprhero......he then gets noticed by Shield who capture him and give him powers....he then breaks away from Shield with his powers, but the power thats given him has messed up his mind....he then tries to be a hero like before, but his mind is so warped....that he gets lost along the way and caues many a mischief!!

Last edited:
Another great suggestion... If Bendis puts him in an appron, I think I would be happy. Perhaps a baker's hat wouldn't hurt either, eh?

Its going on for a month, since anyone posted here.....and no one has found any more info out, I think its time I Investigate!!!

dunno if this has already been mentioned...but i'm new so i have an excuse...

what if DP's origin was related to the whole artifical mutant thing started with Geldoff?

Just when It alll dies down!!

Straight from Bendis.

2) Which character are you most looking forward to ultimatizing?

DEADPOOL

COOL. the source was Newsarama.com

Latest posts

Back