Bendis: "I smell an Ultimate Deadpool comin’"

Goodwill said:
Is he bi-polar or mentally ill?

Deadpool has a regenerative power that he got when they mixed some of Wolverine's DNA with his. It comes in handy obviously but it also makes Deadpool very very insane (sometimes not even dangeroulsy insane just insane). It also makes him forget a few things every once inawhile.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Deadpool has a regenerative power that he got when they mixed some of Wolverine's DNA with his. It comes in handy obviously but it also makes Deadpool very very insane (sometimes not even dangeroulsy insane just insane). It also makes him forget a few things every once inawhile.
Plus there's the recklessness that comes from knowing that if you got hurt, you'll just get better.

TheManWithoutFear said:

So, was the original purpose of Deadpool to have him be the laughing stock of the X-community?

Goodwill said:
So, was the original purpose of Deadpool to have him be the laughing stock of the X-community?
Those sound like unkindly words towards such a great character. I'd imagine that it wasn't the intention to make him the laughing stock and I'm sure you're getting that impression. Seriously, though he's the funniest character ever and the story is still so serious. This is why Ryan Reynolds would have been perfect for him in a movie. I don't know pick up the title you'll see what I mean.

Second and hopefully last time I use this...

Deadpool = :rockon:

Got it... It seems that Deadpool may be the most complex and complicated characters to explain in the Marvel Universe. ;) All I get is a "read his title" frmo MwoF. ;) Just kidding, thanks for the insight.

Even the biggest of fans cant explain the character of Deadpool, as it is a complex character who is as much visual in his language than he is using dialogue...His motives are always unclear. He has a good heart way deep under all that nastiness he calls a life. He'll always fight for the right team at the end of the day no matter who says he generally joins the side of the money. He has definately got some miswired circuits.

but i can definately second MWOF with

DEADPOOL = :rockon:

Goodwill said:
Yes, the Bugle is still part of Peter's life, however, it hasn't really be dwelled on, not even in the Team-Up issues, where Ben Urich took him to see Strange... We'll need to see more of that Bugle before we can move on to something else. Perhaps his new girlfriend will come from the Bugle so we can kill two birds with one stone.

Also, the Geldoff arc wasn't so bad, it was just a different approach to something that Bendis really wanted to write, however, I'm not really sure how it's going to play out anymore because everything got changed up... The whole origin of Geldoff is really up in the air and I would love to see more of it, but it won't happen.

the whole geldoff origin will be touched on supposedly in a mini dealing with other characters connected to the creation of people with powers. Its a matter of when...not if the story will be told.

Anyone know if DD and DP have ever crossed paths?? a whole dd vs punisher vs dp would be kinda interesting to me.

The Captain said:
the whole geldoff origin will be touched on supposedly in a mini dealing with other characters connected to the creation of people with powers. Its a matter of when...not if the story will be told.
Got a source or is this still just a rumor?

The Captain said:
Anyone know if DD and DP have ever crossed paths?? a whole dd vs punisher vs dp would be kinda interesting to me.

Yeah they crossed paths in Daredevil/Deadpool annual 1997, and they had a little scuffle in the Contest of Chapions II

When they met there was a mention of a previous meeting between the two.

So maybe we might see them cross paths in the 616 Universe soon.

Punisher has crossed paths with DP aswell, in a two parter. One of the best DP stories to grace the ongoing issues.

So its only a matter of time, before the three cross paths...Maybe DP might (MIGHT) appear in Daredevil Vs. Punisher mini. Now that would be pretty slick!

I hope DP comes around by himself for the first time. Part of the problem I had with the Blackcat arc was the fact that Elektra was there stealing some of her thunder... We don't need guest stars all of the time, you know?

Goodwill said:
I hope DP comes around by himself for the first time. Part of the problem I had with the Blackcat arc was the fact that Elektra was there stealing some of her thunder... We don't need guest stars all of the time, you know?
I understand your point and agree with you normally but Black Cat didn't really have any thunder. Elektra was about a quarter of the plot in that arc.

You're right, but when a character like that is going to be introduced, all eyes should be on her... Whether or not they really were, wasn't what I was trying to convey. Sorry.

Goodwill said:
You're right, but when a character like that is going to be introduced, all eyes should be on her... Whether or not they really were, wasn't what I was trying to convey. Sorry.
No, I understand and agree with your point but what happened with BC is that the story was pretty damn week and Bendis realised they needed something to make it interesting. With Deadpool, it depends entirely on how he's used, he could need a back up character, he could be a back up character but he's more than capable of carrying his own story.

ult deadpool this year

I always thought Deadpool could be used for an UXM issue. With your response to my question about him, I wonder. Do you have any plans for Ultimate Deadpool?

YES. THIS YEAR IN FACT.

so will he get his own kind of series( a short one), or show up in warriors/ arc afterwards?????????

The Captain said:
I always thought Deadpool could be used for an UXM issue. With your response to my question about him, I wonder. Do you have any plans for Ultimate Deadpool?

YES. THIS YEAR IN FACT.

so will he get his own kind of series( a short one), or show up in warriors/ arc afterwards?????????

thanks to whoever put this here, i wasnt sure where this thread was.

Ultimate Deadpool (speculation)

Okay, so he's going to be in the same arc as Silver Sable... hmmm

What I'm wondering is if both of them work for SHIELD, or just Sable... They are both for the most part Mercenaries, if I remember correctly, so It would make sense that if someone wanted to take someone in a high position out, they would get both of them...

What I'm betting is that either they are hired to eliminate the threat posed by Spiderman, or that they, and spiderman, need to take down a big badguy....

Oooh... Maybe one of these two took down the plane with Peter's dad in it... hmmmm....

I hope Wade still has his sense of humor, id bet he pisses Spider-Man off.

Latest posts

Back