Beowulf

This movie ****ing pwns. It's probably my favorite movie this year next to 3:10 to Yuma and No Country For Old Men. I think it's far superior to 300 in every way imaginable.

I wouldn't go that far.

I was exaggerating.

I love how Beowulf is a flawed hero. I'd have to say that although I liked the first half of the film better than the second, my favorite scene is towards the end when
Beowulf is apologizing to his estranged wife and he says something like, "I've always loved you. Remember me not as a king or a hero, but as fallible, and flawed." And then he goes and fights the dragon - not for the heroics, not for the glory of it, but to face himself and fight his inner demons. And then, as he's riding the dragon, cuts off his own ****ing arm, and aims for its heart with his sword. And then, after his sword is lost in the dragon's belly, he reaches in and grabs the beating heart with his bear ****ing hands and rips it out.

Last edited:
They made Beowulf a flawed hero?

What?

Beowulf is the hero. He shouldn't have been flawed.

The screenplay, written by Neil Gaiman, has many deviations from the poem. The only way I can explain it is by possibly spoiling a major plot point of the movie.
Basically, Beowulf's relationship with Grendel's mom (which wasn't present in the poem) was what made him attain glory and become king. However, when Beowulf gets old (second half of the movie), he realizes the mistake he made and....
Well, you should just see the movie to see what I'm talking about. Even if it's not 100% accurate to the poem, it's still one hell of a movie-going experience.

The screenplay, written by Neil Gaiman, has many deviations from the poem. The only way I can explain it is by possibly spoiling a major plot point of the movie.
Basically, Beowulf's relationship with Grendel's mom (which wasn't present in the poem) was what made him attain glory and become king. However, when Beowulf gets old (second half of the movie), he realizes the mistake he made and....
Well, you should just see the movie to see what I'm talking about. Even if it's not 100% accurate to the poem, it's still one hell of a movie-going experience.

Which could've been something other than "Beowulf".

Last edited:
Zemeckis could make whatever he wants and still have a lifetime pass in my book, even if he hadn't followed up the BTTF trilogy with Forrest Gump and Cast Away.

But I'll admit I'm not that anxious to see this now. If it were cheaper and more convienient to catch the IMAX 3D I would but... meh.

This movie was ridiculous.

It's bad. It was just very hard to take serious. I was busting up at some parts.

The cgi was good and some points and really bad at others,

And some scenes were deathly mindnumbing boring.

But it was decent.

Ridiculous.

And I expected to see button pressing combos when he was fighting the dragon.

This movie looks dumb. the animation isn't bad and im not knocking it. Everything else from the acting to the action just looks odd. Beowulf just seems egocentric and self-important. he just looks like he could care less for anyone else.

soldier: beowulf you're best friend was killed over there.

Beowulf: I am Beowulf!

Soldier; what? did you even hear me?

Beowulf: Beowulf? Beowulf! ARGH!

Soldier: OMG! don't! not there! wher do you think you're putting that...NOOO!!!! BEOWULF!!!!!

Beowulf: I am Beowulf! *pants* beowulf beowulf beowulf beowulf

Latest posts

Back