Beowulf

Like everytime he said his name? Or how about when he stood atop the sea monster's head after he killed it and just screamed?

I couldn't help but laugh.

And his arrogance was so overblown that he kinda seemed like a dick.

The sea monster was one part,

and whenever that guy with the monotone voice with the awesome facial hair spoke. I'm laughing just thinking about it.

"Are..you..that...Beowulf.."

I was reading Roger Ebert's review of this and he said that the problem is that - with people like Zemeckis and Gaiman behind this movie - any hilarity and ridiculousness is probably intended and that this is far more satirical than people realize. He even compared it to Monty Python. I'm going to go into seeing this with the mindset that I'm not supposed to take it very seriously.

I was reading Roger Ebert's review of this and he said that the problem is that - with people like Zemeckis and Gaiman behind this movie - any hilarity and ridiculousness is probably intended and that this is far more satirical than people realize. He even compared it to Monty Python. I'm going to go into seeing this with the mindset that I'm not supposed to take it very seriously.

So they make huge revolutions in cgi adapting the most famous epic poem of all time, for a joke?

And he's absolutely right. There's no way that the filmmakers were not intending people to laugh when Beowulf bursts out of a sea monster's eyeball and screams, "BEOOOOOOOOWUUUUUUULLLLLLLFFFF!!!!!!!!"

Just bought this today on blu-ray :D been waiting to see this. It says it''s the Director's Cut. Is the Director's Cut better than original version?

Finally watched it today. This film kicked ***. I'm not a fan of realistic cgi movies but it worked for this. I also loved all the little twists like what Grendel's Mother looked like.

I'll give it 4/5 easily

Latest posts

Back