Votes: 16 72.7%
  • Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Marvel Knights Spider-Man

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Sensational Spider-Man

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
This is #6 in the "Top 10 Worst Polls in the History of Ever".

I'm with E. If it weren't for Civil War....ALL the USM titles would be sucking.

Sensational - crap
Amazing - mediocre at best (Civil War is saving this title from crapdom)
Friendly Neighborhood - makes me wanna punch babies
Loves Mary Jane - Awesome...........if I was a 13 year old girl
Ultimate - It takes all I have to NOT slit my wrists

Why? It's a fine thread. You wouldn't say that if Moony made it.

Yeah I would. But if Moony made it I'm sure there'd be some "Gay Option". :lol:

This thread isn't bad because it's noobish. But because it's so open in general. Plus it's all opinion.

I could type out this huge rant as to why each title has been bad. But I just left it open. So technically my general-opinionated post is no better than the poll itself.

I'm also in a pissy mood. So that explains the general hate for everything.

I'm with E. If it weren't for Civil War....ALL the USM titles would be sucking.

Which doubly sucks because he's my favorite character. I like how he's used in New Avengers (as in, not the main focus of the whole thing; it's one of those instances where Bendis handles the character PERFECTLY), but that's not a Spider-Man book.

Which doubly sucks because he's my favorite character. I like how he's used in New Avengers (as in, not the main focus of the whole thing; it's one of those instances where Bendis handles the character PERFECTLY), but that's not a Spider-Man book.

Bingo. Bendis has totally captured him perfectly as the "hero playing with the big boys and is in over his head, but has a smar-*** comment no matter what" guy.

I know he's a main draw for Marvel but quite honestly his stories aren't pulling their weight. Spiderman is the new Wolverine. :roll:

Sorry it took me some time to answer , but Sensational isnt equal to Marvel Knights , jeez don't you guys wonder why sensational started from #26??

because it was older than Marvel Knights!!
So Sensational and MK are different options because they actually are different :)

in my opinion , sensational brings back the taste of '90s spider-man. not perfect stories but even the feeling is enough.

and it is followed by ASM of course probably cuz of CIVIL WAR
(and I miss Romita Jr. on ASM!!!)

I stopped reading everything but USM and ASM after the other storyline. Then I dropped ASM during the road to cival war stuff. I guess my vote would be for ASM though.

Sorry it took me some time to answer , but Sensational isnt equal to Marvel Knights , jeez don't you guys wonder why sensational started from #26??

because it was older than Marvel Knights!!
So Sensational and MK are different options because they actually are different :)

in my opinion , sensational brings back the taste of '90s spider-man. not perfect stories but even the feeling is enough.

and it is followed by ASM of course probably cuz of CIVIL WAR
(and I miss Romita Jr. on ASM!!!)
MK spider-man's name changed at the end of the other after issue #25 if they were truly seperate series's they would have started SSM at #1 of a new volume or pick up the numbering left off when SSM was last dropped they are the same book

All of the Spider-Man titles suck. He appears in an average of 8 titles per month, and they're all crap. He is the new Wolverine, and not even a good one at that.

Marvel really need to rethink what they're doing with Spider-Man. He used to be one of my favourite characters, but they've ruined him. Bad writers, bad artists, bad stories, bad decisions... Spider-Man is horrible, and it makes me sad.

A Marvel discussion meeting must involve something like this:

"We have 7 titles with Spider-Man appearing in each month... he's become more popular than Wolverine. Unfortunately, this means we need more ideas."

"Let's make him a robot!"

"Alright, we'll do that in Amazing."

"We should make him ride around in a giant bug thing!"

"Awesome, that can happen in Sensational or whatever that one's called."

"Instead of making him ride around in a giant bug, let's turn him into one. It will be ****ing fantastic, and everyone will buy it."

"Excellent! Let's start a new book just for that!"

Bingo. Bendis has totally captured him perfectly as the "hero playing with the big boys and is in over his head, but has a smar-*** comment no matter what" guy.

EXACTLY.

Doom gets it.

The one scene in the Sentry arc where Jess is talking to Tony and says, "Spider-man says hi" and shows him up waving up in the corner...that'sexactly how I would expect him to behave in a team environment.

I dunno, I just think he's handled perfectly.

EXACTLY.

Doom gets it.

The one scene in the Sentry arc where Jess is talking to Tony and says, "Spider-man says hi" and shows him up waving up in the corner...that'sexactly how I would expect him to behave in a team environment.

I'm on board with you on this all the way.

EXACTLY.

Doom gets it.

The one scene that sticks out to me of great Bendis Spiderman is in New Avengers (forget which arc) where Jess tells Cage, Spiderman and Logan that she puts off this pheremone-thing and Cage and Logan reply with a standard witty Bendis barb---but Spiderman comes outta nowhere with "Oh thank god. 'Cause I gotta wife ya know?"

Don't know why that sticks out? E's example is better but that scene just stuck out to me.

The thing that people forget is that Spiderman is just a really strong guy who can stick to walls. When it all comes down to it---he's not a Reed/Stark level genius. He doesn't have what it takes to premeire in all these books as some huge front-runner with the other major heroes. When you think about it--Spiderman is just a really popular B-lister.

But the writers don't see that.

Latest posts

Back