Beverly Hills 90210 spinoff!

The only one I'd really like to see back is Luke Perry. He'd be an excellent mentor character to the younger kids, in the tradition of Gil Meyers, from the original show. Kelly/Dylan/Brenda, would be interesting, but I think it it may be best to leave that the way it ended, without the possibility of tarnishing it.

That is true he would be a cool mentor.

but as for leaving it the way it ended, that's just it, It didn't really end.

Gothamite;410282I said:
occasionally dabbled in the Creek, but looking back on it now, it really is too preachy and wordy. None of the characters or relationships seem realistic.

It is too wordy I admit that but the charracters and relationships are very realistic if you look past the giant vocabulary plus it had great moments. E.g Joey/dawson/Pacey love triangle and Jack coming out the closet.

Gothamite;410282I said:
Don't insult Dylan by comparing him to Fonzie. He was far cooler than Fonzie.

Dylan and Brandon and the dynamic they had was what made 90210 a cut above all the other teen shows that came after it. They're really fascinating characters.

The fonz was cool as hell. Saying otherwise is just blasphemy.

That is true he would be a cool mentor.

but as for leaving it the way it ended, that's just it, It didn't really end.

It ended with Kelly in Dylan's arms. :rockon:

It is too wordy I admit that but the charracters and relationships are very realistic if you look past the giant vocabulary plus it had great moments. E.g Joey/dawson/Pacey love triangle and Jack coming out the closet.

Jack was pretty good, I'll give it that. It was just a bit too angsty. The teen dramas today are either far too angsty (One Tree Hill) or just plain ludicrous (Smallville). 90210 was the perfect blend of teenage angst, comedy and sheer silliness. It was like a grown-up Saved by the Bell and I love it.

The fonz was cool as hell. Saying otherwise is just blasphemy.[/QUOTE]

It ended with Kelly in Dylan's arms. :rockon:

But the thing with that. Was they wrote Brenda out the show due to actress issues. Then when they wrote Dylan out they said those two were back together in London. and had things happen that said they were still in london.

Then Dylan came back and said he had broke up Brenda years ago which we know is a flat out lie.

But the departures ended it with out real ending. If we get all 3 back they can end it right. Dylan picks one and both girls become friends again. but this is just my opinion.

But the thing with that. Was they wrote Brenda out the show due to actress issues. Then when they wrote Dylan out they said those two were back together in London. and had things happen that said they were still in london.

Then Dylan came back and said he had broke up Brenda years ago which we know is a flat out lie.

But the departures ended it with out real ending. If we get all 3 back they can end it right. Dylan picks one and both girls become friends again. but this is just my opinion.

You are right, I just always liked Kelly and Dylan, so it never really bothered me that it ended the way it did. The show's continuity was seriously ****ed up by all of this messing about with people leaving and coming back. When Dylan comes back after this two year sabatical, Kelly asks him "What about Brenda?" and he says "I left Brenda years ago, Kel," which doesn't make any sense, because a year previously Kelly and Brandon had sent Erika (Dylan's now-prostitute sister) to go and live with him in London with Brenda and they acted as though everything was fine.

Yes. I know that none of that made any sense to anyone other than Mole or possibly Planet-Man. 90210 is still awesome. :lol:

Regardless of whether you like 90210 or not, can we all agree that Ian Ziering is an hugely annoying twit?

I liked him overall. His development throughout the series was one of the most staggering and enjoyable character developments I've ever seen in a show.

The show's continuity was seriously ****ed up by all of this messing about with people leaving and coming back. When Dylan comes back after this two year sabatical, Kelly asks him "What about Brenda?" and he says "I left Brenda years ago, Kel," which doesn't make any sense, because a year previously Kelly and Brandon had sent Erika (Dylan's now-prostitute sister) to go and live with him in London with Brenda and they acted as though everything was fine.

Yes. I know that none of that made any sense to anyone other than Mole or possibly Planet-Man. 90210 is still awesome. :lol:
*seriously contemplates making 90210 timeline just to spite DIrishB* :twisted:

:(

Some disappointing news coming from E! Entertainment's Watch With Kristin:

Sadly, inside sources are now saying that Rob [Thomas] is stepping aside in order to focus on his other two pilots, both for ABC. Word is he'll stay on to consult, but the CW is currently looking for a new show runner to helm the series.

I checked in with Rob earlier today and he confirmed to me that the network is looking for another writer to take a stab at the 90210 pilot script: "I'd do the additional pass, but I'm swamped with the two other projects and ABC has me in first position."

A source close to the spin-off says that Rob is still committed to the show, and was in casting sessions as late as Friday. However, another insider tells me that production of the series has now been pushed back to summer, and won't begin until a new head honcho has been named.​
source: http://www.eonline.com/gossip/krist...4b-a82c-4129-be5b-846560e8312b&sid=fd-kristin

On a happier note, the Wikipedia entry for the proposed series offers more details about some of the new characters, and I must say that i'm cautiously enthusiastic about how it's shaping up :D

Last edited:
From the Hollywood Reporter:
Jennie Garth is returning to the old 90210 neighborhood.

Garth has joined the cast of the CW's "Beverly Hills, 90210" spinoff as a recurring, reprising her role as Kelly Taylor from the original series.

In the spinoff, Kelly is a guiding counselor at her alma mater, West Beverly Hills High.
More information from the link above.

I was just about to freak out with nostalgia; they played the start of the old tune and the opening looked great and I couldn't wait...and then...

"Newer, better, sexier, more provocative, with stories that are always interesting!"

The whole thing looks like one of those stupid MTV 'reality' shows except it's not even bothering to pretend that it's real. This isn't going to be any good.

I was just about to freak out with nostalgia; they played the start of the old tune and the opening looked great and I couldn't wait...and then...

"Newer, better, sexier, more provocative, with stories that are always interesting!"

The whole thing looks like one of those stupid MTV 'reality' shows except it's not even bothering to pretend that it's real. This isn't going to be any good.

I can't wait till they take the show to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL.

Yep.

Latest posts

Back