Bioshock (spoilers!)

Re: Bioshock

So, I managed to buy it a day earlier due to one of the shops in the city being a bit careless with the release date. Got home, all excited, and the damn thing wouldn't install because there's a catch to stop it being played early. Damn. Tomorrow can't come fast enough...

Got it last night.

It really is one of the most unique FPS games I've ever played. VERY creepy atmosphere and story, as well.

Haha!! Finally got it running. And damn is this good! A completely solid experience, very creepy, gorgeous art design, incredible sound and wonderful acting (I love Atlas' accent). Everything handles perfectly, all the weapons feel right, the plasmids are great, the hacking is fun, the story is intriguing. I'm not too far yet, just exploring the Medical Pavilion and just got the shotgun.

Very impressive, and from all the reviews, I know it's only going to get better....

Yeah, I caved, installed it on the windows partition on my brand new 24" aluminum iMac....I think I killed my eyes...I've been playing since I got home this morning with it (so roughly 8 hours).

They were all rented out at Blockbuster. I asked the clerk, who's about my age, if they had any that had just been returned, but he said no, because it's awesome and no one would give it up early. He'd also already beaten it.

I did end up picking it up today. I wish my wife would stop hogging the TV.

I love how this plays through exactly like System Shock 2 especially with the progressive diaries you find lying around, hacking etc. Its not scary though! i guess you cant beat Mutants, Cyber-Nannies and a super A.I. gone bad when it comes to that.

Yeah, I caved, installed it on the windows partition on my brand new 24" aluminum iMac....I think I killed my eyes...I've been playing since I got home this morning with it (so roughly 8 hours).

Good call. They just announced today that it's staying exclusive with Microsoft.

Good call. They just announced today that it's staying exclusive with Microsoft.

Which really sucks, at least Force Unleashed is still coming out for the PS3

But one the good news side, Capcom has announced non-exclusivity for all their games, so Dead Rising for PS3 baby!!

Last edited:

Which really sucks, at least Force Unleashed is still coming out for the PS3

But one the good news side, Capcom has announced non-exclusivity for all their games, so Dead Rising for PS3 baby!!

At this point, I think exclusivity is ridiculous. Other than first party games, all third party games should go to both platforms. The only exception should be the Wii, because it's so different both hardware wise and control-wise.

Finally got a chance to play this tonight. I'm up to the part where you get the Telekinesis plasmid. I dumped fire for it because I really like the Electro Bolt, so I hope that doesn't come back to haunt me. Hopefully I did miss an upgrade where I could have another plasmid slot open, and hopefully I can get fire back soon.

I love the hacking and I love how you can shock a large group of Splicers by shooting bolts into the water.

I'm up to the Farmers Market; searching for the ingredients of the Lazarus thingy. Arcadia Gardens was a beautiful area though the teleporting Splicers are infuriating! Chemical thrower rocks!!

Olympus Heights baby! things are getting pretty interesting....

I had this on normal difficulty and i have to say
the last boss was the easiest thing in the game
right now i better get back to learning the 46 hiragana and 46 katakana for university

It amuses me that "good news" for owners of the much more expensive PS3 is when a game that Xbox owners can take for granted "might also come out for our system!".;)

It amuses me that games like Oblivion look 10x better on the PS3 than the 360. It also amuses me how many XBox owners spread rumors that games like MGS4 and FF13 "might come out" for the 360, based on an off handed comment by a designer made 6 month ago.

On topic, I just beat the game....I literally played...all...night... *dies*

The only thing about this game that confuses me is the "good" ending:

if Jack adopted all the Little Sisters, wouldn't he still be horribly disfigured from the ADAM and
becoming a Big Daddy
? How did he live a normal life?

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9Pvk8V4rHxk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9Pvk8V4rHxk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Latest posts

Back