Bioshock (spoilers!)

This is probably the only game I've ever played that I don't have a "God damn it I love this game but if [that prompt pops up again/that enemy shows up again/I have to go through this boring section to get to where I die over and over/pick other] I will smash my console"-style complaint about. There are areas where it could be better, but there are no flaws that take you out of the game, and for that it might as well be perfect.

I just completed Sander Cohen's masterpiece and in a moment of sublime self-control quit the game for the night before confronting Ryan. I really, really wanted to shoot the creep. If I had killed him while he was admiring his masterpiece, what would've happened? Would I have been trapped in that area?

The tonics are so much fun. It's probably because I'm playing on easy, but I have the one that electrocutes people when they hit you, and some of the splicers die just from that. I also love the stealth tonic and the one where your wrench freezes people. This game rocks.

Edit: Also, the fact that Cohen's statues bleed when you hit them is a wonderfully subtle and creepy touch.

Last edited:
This is probably the only game I've ever played that I don't have a "God damn it I love this game but if [that prompt pops up again/that enemy shows up again/I have to go through this boring section to get to where I die over and over/pick other] I will smash my console"-style complaint about. There are areas where it could be better, but there are no flaws that take you out of the game, and for that it might as well be perfect.

I just completed Sander Cohen's masterpiece and in a moment of sublime self-control quit the game for the night before confronting Ryan. I really, really wanted to shoot the creep. If I had killed him while he was admiring his masterpiece, what would've happened? Would I have been trapped in that area?

The tonics are so much fun. It's probably because I'm playing on easy, but I have the one that electrocutes people when they hit you, and some of the splicers die just from that. I also love the stealth tonic and the one where your wrench freezes people. This game rocks.

Edit: Also, the fact that Cohen's statues bleed when you hit them is a wonderfully subtle and creepy touch.

From what I remember, you can kill him if you want at that point. However, you can meet him later in the game, and if you kill him there, you gain access to a vending station that you otherwise couldn't reach.

I have started this today. Scary game.

For some reason I panic when fighting someone in games like this, even though if I die I can start again.

But in games like Devil May Cry and God Of War, I can shred through monsters & demons like nothing.

Last edited:
I will pick this up for PS3 once the price drops or it becomes a Greatest Hit. I really liked it for XBox 360 but I sold the XBox and didn't get very far into the game.

I will pick this up for PS3 once the price drops or it becomes a Greatest Hit. I really liked it for XBox 360 but I sold the XBox and didn't get very far into the game.

It's 40 now. You can probably get it cheap on Amazon.

I'm having lots of fun playing this.

For all the weapons I have, I pretty much only ever use the shotgun and the electric shock power to hack things.

However I love wasting Big Daddies with the electric gel on the gel gun.

Tommy Gun, shotgun, wrench.

You need nothing else.

....great game...great....

::runs to play it again because it's been too long::

I only use the shotgun when I have electric or exploding buck. Otherwise, it takes too long to reload and I rarely get a one-hit kill.

It took me forever to figure out that you're supposed to hold down the button on the chemical thrower.

I only use the shotgun when I have electric or exploding buck. Otherwise, it takes too long to reload and I rarely get a one-hit kill.

It took me forever to figure out that you're supposed to hold down the button on the chemical thrower.

I've been using the chemical thrower a lot with the fire gel. I save the electric stuff for easy Big Daddy kills.

I almost never use the freeze since I like to be able to loot the bodies.

It is also fun to set up mines and wind traps in front of doors where you know you will be rushed.

I've been using the chemical thrower a lot with the fire gel. I save the electric stuff for easy Big Daddy kills.

I almost never use the freeze since I like to be able to loot the bodies.

It is also fun to set up mines and wind traps in front of doors where you know you will be rushed.

I agree about the mines and wind traps. I like the freeze because it gives me time to reload or heal or inject Eve.

Watching people get poison gas in the face from a hacked health station is a very special feeling.

I agree about the mines and wind traps. I like the freeze because it gives me time to reload or heal or inject Eve.

Watching people get poison gas in the face from a hacked health station is a very special feeling.

I never seen it. I usually kill them before they do it.

I like that I set one guy on fire and he ran and jumped in some water, so I preceded to electric his ***.

I need to get this game for the PC.

Why you ask, since I already have the 360 version?

Because PC kicks ***, that's why!

(That, and my GameStop has the collector's edition for just 40 bucks)

I liked the good ending too (although I haven't gotten the bad ending yet). I had to steel myself before harvesting a Little Sister for the first time.

Though I felt kind of weird when everyone was talking about Jack's motives. I mean, he never says anything, but
Fontaine's all "That's what you get for mixing friendship with business!"
What are you talking about? Jack never gave the slightest indication that he was obeying for any reason other than
hypnosis
. And then Tenenbaum's raving about what a swell guy he is, but even though he saved all the Little Sisters, he still just spent a few hours brutally slaughtering dozens, if not hundreds, of people.

I love all the Women of Science in this game. Trees and slugs are way more interesting than people.

I liked the good ending too (although I haven't gotten the bad ending yet). I had to steel myself before harvesting a Little Sister for the first time.

Though I felt kind of weird when everyone was talking about Jack's motives. I mean, he never says anything, but
Fontaine's all "That's what you get for mixing friendship with business!"
What are you talking about? Jack never gave the slightest indication that he was obeying for any reason other than
hypnosis
. And then Tenenbaum's raving about what a swell guy he is, but even though he saved all the Little Sisters, he still just spent a few hours brutally slaughtering dozens, if not hundreds, of people.

I love all the Women of Science in this game. Trees and slugs are way more interesting than people.

I have no idea what
Fontaine
was on about, but I got the impression that Tenebaum was praising him in comparison to everyone else in Rapture, who were either insane, unable to do anything, or horribly amoral. Also, considering that the Little Sisters are a huge part of Tenebaum's motivation, she's more then a little biased.

And I'd be interested in slugs too, if they excreted stuff that could make me shoot fireballs and lighting and bees.

I got that one. I read about the other one.

I want to see that one.

I saw it via Youtube. I wasn't that impressed.

But then, I'm a softie.

I just got this game for my PS3... I saw the new Game Informer magazine and I was sold on the image of whatever is in store for Bioshock 2... Wanted to play this one before the second and, wow, I'm so impressed. It's like playing through a theme park ride. But somehow more thrilling. I don't know. I just love this game so far.

How long does it run, though?

Latest posts

Back