Blackest Night discussion (Spoilers!)

They only feel that way because they are cash-ins.

Well, yeah. But in a giant, sweeping crossover event would presumably have an impact on every major franchise in one way or another, most notably as an in-universe mythology event. You can have all of the main plot points take place in the main series, but still examine what happens when zombies attack Gotham city (or whatever) separately, and have it be worthwhile.

Well, yeah. But in a giant, sweeping crossover event would presumably have an impact on every major franchise in one way or another, most notably as an in-universe mythology event. You can have all of the main plot points take place in the main series, but still examine what happens when zombies attack Gotham city (or whatever) separately, and have it be worthwhile.

That's one thing I like about today's "events" it gives people a chance to tell a cool one off story with that concept without having it shake every book to its core. And it can help people bridge over to other books. It can be a win-win situation.

It can be, but my problem is that it rarely is. I haven't bought into a crossover series event since Civil War, and that right there is what killed it for me. I bought nearly all the crossovers except for the spider-man's. Worst purchases ever. Then along came Final Crisis and two issues in, I decided I didn't want to be roped into any of the crossovers, regardless of how interesting they might be.

I'm not trying to rope every event like that, it's just bitter disappointment throughout the years. Even as excited as i was for Blackest Night, I'm still waiting for the event to stand the test of time before I decide to get it in tpb.

That's one thing I like about today's "events" it gives people a chance to tell a cool one off story with that concept without having it shake every book to its core. And it can help people bridge over to other books. It can be a win-win situation.

Like Captain Britain and the MI13

Latest posts

Back