Blade (TV) News/Speculation/Spoilers

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Blade Heads for the Small Screen
Source: Kurt Wagner
May 4, 2005

Reuters reports that the "Blade" franchise is headed for the tube:

Spike TV president Doug Herzog announced the network will adapt the theatrical franchise "Blade" as a series for early next year. New Line Television and Marvel Studios will produce the project, with David Goyer, writer-director of "Blade: Trinity," executive producing. Goyer is not expected to write the pilot.

Stay tuned for more on the show as it comes in!

Definitely going to watch this show. I love the concept of Blade. I've always been interested in the character but never had the money to throw it on my pull-list along with the rest of my favorites. I won't miss an episode.

On IGN is an article about the plans of this show...

A television series based on the Blade comics and movie trilogy has been confirmed. Producer David Goyer, who wrote all three films, confirmed his plans in some remarks made to Comics Continuum.

Goyer stated that the series, which is to air on SpikeTV, is moving forward with pre-production imminent, and a director will soon be attached.

The show should hit the airwaves sometime next year. In the meantime, Goyer has his hands full with more comic book projects: he's writing and directing Warner Brothers' new adaptation of Flash, and he's also penning the screenplay for the next Batman adventure.

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/656/656788p1.html

Last edited:
thee great one said:
On IGN is an article about the plans of this show...

A television series based on the Blade comics and movie trilogy has been confirmed. Producer David Goyer, who wrote all three films, confirmed his plans in some remarks made to Comics Continuum.

Goyer stated that the series, which is to air on SpikeTV, is moving forward with pre-production imminent, and a director will soon be attached.

The show should hit the airwaves sometime next year. In the meantime, Goyer has his hands full with more comic book projects: he's writing and directing Warner Brothers' new adaptation of Flash, and he's also penning the screenplay for the next Batman adventure.

OOOOHHHHHHH, Flash and Batman.

thee great one said:
The new "Blade" is Kirk "Sticky Fingaz" Jones, currently seen in the FX series "Over There", which is now officially over at FX. Sticky is an amazing actor, and it came down to the wire between him and another well known action star. More later from Mega-Swarm.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=21767

"Sticky Fingaz"

I think I'm gonna throw up......... :roll:

SuperheroHype said:
Nelson Lee Joins Blade Pilot
Source: The Hollywood Reporter December 9, 2005

Nelson Lee (filmography) has joined the cast of Spike TV's Blade pilot, which is based on the Marvel Comics characters.

Lee is set to play Shen, Blade's loyal ally who develops new technologies for Blade to use in his fight against the vampires.

What about Whistler?

Well, Sticky from ONYX huh? Well he does have a good voice. Other than that... this could be a tragedy. But I'll still be watching it.

TheManWithoutFear said:
UGh :sick: Trinity was terrible.

I remember that but I didn't know this series would pick up where the films left off. Is that how it is?

I don't know, that's just what I assumed.

Ugh, Sticky Fingaz? Wasn't he Kern Little on The Shield? That's a lousy role for a would-be Blade. He looks like the poor man's Jamie Foxx.

If they're going to use an actor from The Shield, I'd rather they used Brian J. White, who played STRIKE member Tavon Garris in season 2.

Last edited:
They're making a tv show of this? Christ, this generic supernatural teen fiction isn't going to let up is it. Just what we need more of - Vampires with a heart of gold.

Doc Comic said:
I've just got a bad feeling about this, like it's going to lose that oomph that the movies had.
Insider news, they're putting a smallville spin on the whole thing and portraying Blade as a kooky teenager with 'enhanced abilities', he and his 2 friends, an asian girl who is a computer whiz and a straight laced but sarcastic underachiever, solve crimes around their hood (more of an urban setting for novelty) that all lead to 'bloodcorp' an evil nest of yuppie pureblood vampires.

It's gonna rock, the kids will love it.

Guijllons said:
Insider news, they're putting a smallville spin on the whole thing and portraying Blade as a kooky teenager with 'enhanced abilities', he and his 2 friends, an asian girl who is a computer whiz and a straight laced but sarcastic underachiever, solve crimes around their hood (more of an urban setting for novelty) that all lead to 'bloodcorp' an evil nest of yuppie pureblood vampires.

It's gonna rock, the kids will love it.
****.... :evil: It's ok, when you have boyscout Superman. We're dealing with Blade though. That's just wrong.

Guijllons said:
They're making a tv show of this? Christ, this generic supernatural teen fiction isn't going to let up is it. Just what we need more of - Vampires with a heart of gold.
Blade has a heart of gold? I thought it was a heart of leather and kevlar and other adolescent broody fashion statements. :D

Latest posts

Back