Brushes with Famous people (or, making an *** of yourself in front of people you <3)

Pfft. Big deal - I met myself one time, totally put the moves on, and ended up getting myself in bed that night.

And I was great.
Yeah, but you're like a Z-List celebrity at best.

You were the dad on "Small Wonder". So what? :roll:
You're lucky he didn't bust a cap in you.
Thank god Lynx is a registered voter.

VOTEORDIE.jpg

*makes "Vote Or Die" joke before Moony or Djf can*
That wasn't even a joke!!
Yes! Two running jokes in one page! Quick, somebody yell "NEXTWAVE"!
SEXWAVE!
All those posts should be deleted!

So no one will ever cry.
And then maybe the Glitter Faries will return to the Magic Creek!

As I said on the Paris Hilton thread, she once came to my neighborhood to film an episode of the Simple Life. While I never actually met her, I did meet a technician for the Simple Life who hated her.

...sigh...nothing happens here in TN...

...except the KKK. And John Henry, I think.

Re: Brushes with Famous people (or, making an *** of yourself in front of people you

So one time back in 99 or so my friends and I were hanging out at the LCS when a guy that looked remarkably like Kevin Smith walked in. Now we being the nerds we are picked up on this immediately, but instead of making asses of ourselves dismissed this as just another fat guy with a beard. Besides, the woman with him was way too hot to be Kevin Smith's wife. At least thats what we all thought till we saw Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back and watched the same woman get out of the van in a cat suit. Apparently a nice chunk of Dogma was filmed in Pittsburgh... I considered telling this story at the Kevin Smith Q&A last year but some *** got up and rambled on about Mews breaking a lamp to get Smith to check out his DVD.

Oh, and I totally froze when I met Bruce Campbell. I'm lucky I got my book signed and could walk away.

If anyone sees Dan Slott at the con this year walk up and ramble away. The guy is great and will talk about anything, even projects of his that I might have been the only person to read (Akham Asylum: Living Hell).

Re: Brushes with Famous people (or, making an *** of yourself in front of people you

When I got my book signed by Bruce Campell, We had a couple good one liners back and forth, mainly making fun of the stupid people who asked stupid questions duriung the Q&A

I met Mark McKinney when he came into the store today(SNL, The Kids In The Hall, Studio 60..... this guy http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0571897/). Told him the first Saturday Night Live I ever saw when I was 6 had him doing his Jim Carrey impression while Jim Carrey impersonated Jimmy Stewart and it was the funniest thing I'd ever seen. He laughed and thought it was awesome I remembered that.

Not the biggest star but I've seen almost all of his stuff and he's in some of my favourite things, and that sketch genuinely had a profound effect on my life(by the way, I didn't say any of this part to him) in terms of perception of acting and comedy(6 years old, right after Ace Ventura, The Mask and Batman Forever, Jim Carrey was my IDOL and that skit was unbelievable), so yeah, that was pretty awesome for me and I'm proud of not embarassing myself.:)

Once I saw Gary Coleman at the airport.

And I sold weed to Wesley Snipes' son.

Brett "The Hitman" Heart's kid went to my elementary school

he was a bully

he pushed me of the playground and i landed on some kid

also my dad met Alice Cooper at a strip joint, michael meyers at a Calgary Flames Vs. Toronto Maple Leafs game, and met sandra bullock at a bar in calgary, she was in town because of some film festival in banff

I saw Danny Bonaduchi coming out of a Gym when I was in Hollywood.

Thats all.

Oh, and I got Bruce Campbell to autograph my copy of his book at a signing. I totally froze up on him. But at least I didn't call him Ash like osme people did.

Last edited:

I saw Danny Bonaduchi coming out of a Gym when I was in Hollywood.

Is that how his name is spelled?

I've always kind of assumed he's a total douchebag. He's always reminded me of this douche I knew growing up.

I have met Jewel Staite (who is lovely), Charisma Carpenter (who was not lovely), Amber Benson, Anthony Stewart Head, Ernie Hudson, Terry Jones (Monty Python), several minor actors from Buffy/Angel like Groo, Holland Manners and Detective Kate, and Bishop from Aliens. Oh yeah, and James Marsters. Who is awesome.

Is that how his name is spelled?

I've always kind of assumed he's a total douchebag. He's always reminded me of this douche I knew growing up.

Hell if I know. And I'm not about to IMDB The Partridge Family to find out.

I see and meet Dixie Carter and Hal Holbrook at least once a year for about the last 16 years.

She lives near me.

I met Clay Aiken at a school concert.

(He sponsered it.)

When I worked security at Nationwide Arena, I got to talk to;

Mick Jagger
Snoop Dogg
Prince
Faith Hill (I didn't know who she was until I was told later)
The Big Show
Ron Simmons
Stephanie McMahon (she suggested I try out at a Diva Event)

Comic guys I know (whom I embarrass myself around 99.9% of the time);

Dave Mack
Eric Canete
John Tsui
Geoff Johns
Jeff Smith
Francis Leinil Yu

Oh and I got to meet Bill Gates and Steve "Monkey man" Ballmer when I worked for MicroSoft. Every programming team got to go private events in Redmond. Gates was genuinely a nice guy, tiny as all hell, and a total geek. Ballmer... he's a dick and has a body odor issue, they're like the friggen odd couple.

Last edited:

I saw Hulk Hogan at Islands of Adventure a few years back. And he is as big as you think.

Does it count as meeting someone if Christopher Walken haunts your dreams? Cause then I've met Christopher Walken as well.

When I worked security at Nationwide Arena, I got to talk to;

Mick Jagger
Snoop Dogg
Prince
Faith Hill (I didn't know who she was until I was told later)
The Big Show
Ron Simmons
Stephanie McMahon (she suggested I try out at a Diva Event)

Comic guys I know (whom I embarrass myself around 99.9% of the time);

Dave Mack
Eric Canete
John Tsui
Geoff Johns
Jeff Smith
Francis Leinil Yu

Oh and I got to meet Bill Gates and Steve "Monkey man" Ballmer when I worked for MicroSoft. Every programming team got to go private events in Redmond. Gates was genuinely a nice guy, tiny as all hell, and a total geek. Ballmer... he's a dick and has a body odor issue, they're like the friggen odd couple.

:shock: What the ****? Have you worked everywhere?

bluebeast said:
Does it count as meeting someone if Christopher Walken haunts your dreams? Cause then I've met Christopher Walken as well.

and Christopher Walken's penis!

I'm sure we have like three of these threads.

:shock: What the ****? Have you worked everywhere?

I'm 33 years old.

I worked for MicroSoft from june of 1998 to september of 2002, I worked for Nationwide Arena from November of 2002 to July of 2005.

Latest posts

Back