Buffy Season 8 Comic series

I like that because it gives a physical representation of the Character's growth and is a bit more realistic. I mean after you've killed so many vampires, logically, it should become easier almost second

I like growth in character - but what was the growth that allowed Superman lift up Kryptonite Kontinent other than he really, really needed too?

What exactly, huge growth in character occurred, that meant Jinx and Falcon now surpass Snake Eyes?

What incredible change does Gandalf go through that means he can three trolls with a flick of his wrist? Is being White REALLY that powerful?

But that's wrong, the interesting idea with an army of slayers is that they are all inexperience at it. That's a good direction in a Slayer army centered story

I agree but... that's not what happened. They became slayers and immediately could kill all of evil. All inexperience disappeared as soon as a magic switch was turned on. :|

That's why they call you the Nexus

Really not kidding.

I had an episode, I forget its name, I think it was something like "I Only Have A Heart For You" or something. The idea was an old flame of Angelus', Viscera, finds Angelus now cursed with a soul being all nicey-nice. So she decides to completely twist Angel back into Angelus by killing his friends and driving him insane.

Season 2's plot: Darla, and old flame of Angelus, shows up and spends the season driving Angel insane so he becomes Angelus again.

Another episode, which I think I called "Miracle Apocalypse" had two vampires seeking Angel's help - because one of them was pregnant.

Season 3's plot: Darla, a vampire, is revealed to be pregnant with Angel's baby.

Another episode, called "Me and My Shadow" was my "Earth X" episode in which Angel needs to talk to Angelus to discover what's going on with the Powers that Be.

Season 4's plot: Angel turns into Angelus so they can get clues to what's going on with the prophecy of the apocalypse.

Yet another episode in which a sentient idea takes over almost everyone on the planet.

Season 4's plot: Jasmine.

And another I remember coming up with during season 2 - Angel discovers a secret underground group of demons and vampires all of whom work for Wolfram & Hart - and Angel proceeds to kill each and every one of them.

Season 5's plot: NOT FADE AWAY.

I wish I was kidding, but honest and true, I'm not. Every idea I had for a spec script for ANGEL they ended up turning into a full season.

That's not to say they're unoriginal or anything but to point out my own incredible ability to be ONE WITH THE SHOW!

FEAR MY GEEKERY!

I don't really dislike it except I think they're painting themselves into another corner. 1 slayer stopped 7 or 8 potential world ending threats. What could possibly stand against an army of them? How long before they wipe out every potential threat to humanity? Bad guys make or break a series like this. What bad guy is a legitimate threat to the world now?

I'm going to assume you never read Fray.

The ending of Buffy Season 8 (And 9) is exactly that: Buffy and a group of mystical allies banish all demons and magic from our dimension. Fray tells the story of them returning a couple of centuries later.

Buffy died in the first season. Faith was in jail. What's your point, exactly?
Yeah, Buffy died for a minute, that why Faith is in the picture. She supposed to be the next slayer.

As for the army of slayer

1)There wasn't any Watchers to appoint anyone to be a new slayer. All the Watchers were dead.
2) Cause Buffy was killed saving Dawn, a new slayer wouldn't had been summon since Faith was appointed when Buffy was dead for a mintue.

Basicly the writer mess up. There shouldn't had been an army of slayers. Buffy shouldn't had been bought back to life, when there was already a slayer; Faith. Instead, the title should've been changed to Faith the vampire slayer, and when she dies, there won't be anymore slayers. Since there aren't any Watchers to appoint one.

We got six awesome seasons of Buffy the vampire slayer. Now it's Faith turn to be main slayer. Season seven was just bad and that singing episode just made it worst.

You're entitled to your opinion..........no matter how wrong they may be.

And the singing episode was awesome.
The only thing awesome about the singing episode was Spike. I wonder what Simon Cowell thought of it.

Spike can sing.....Buffy not so well!!!!!!!
-----
I read Buffy "season 8" the other day, and I got to say it started off bad. Then we last saw Buffy and the gang, they was just looking at the Hellmouth all trash up.
http://images.google.com/imgres?img...ies+finale+&svnum=10&um=1&hl=en&safe=off&sa=N
Now, we see them in mid-air in high-tech gear. Which I say to myself "What the heck is going on?"

1st page of Buffy the vampire slayer "season 8"
http://multimedia.thestar.com/images/assets/196220_3.JPG

Last edited:
Instead, the title should've been changed to Faith the vampire slayer, and when she dies, there won't be anymore slayers. Since there aren't any Watchers to appoint one.

WRONG.

Watchers don't create the Slayer. When a Slayer dies, the power passes to one of the Potentials mystically. Otherwise one of the Potentials that are under the Watchers supervision will always become the next Slayer, which doesn't always happen. For example, Buffy was never chosen as a Potential, she was discovered after she was called. The Watchers don't choose who will become the Slayer, otherwise they would have never picked Faith, or indeed Buffy to become a Slayer, when they have people like Kendra who have been trained for their entire lives for the chance to be called.

In fact, I like season 7 (and to a lesser extent 6) BECAUSE they go into so much of the "Slayer Lore." It explains how and why there is a Chosen One, and why it can work to have 2 or more slayers in existence at once.

We got six awesome seasons of Buffy the vampire slayer. Now it's Faith turn to be main slayer. Season seven was just bad and that singing episode just made it worst.

I didn't like season 7, but I really enjoyed the singing episode.

Which, by the way, was in season six, not seven. :)

WRONG.

Watchers don't create the Slayer.
Yes they do, check the ANGEL timeline.
When a Slayer dies, the power passes to one of the Potentials mystically. Otherwise one of the Potentials that are under the Watchers supervision will always become the next Slayer, which doesn't always happen. For example, Buffy was never chosen as a Potential, she was discovered after she was called. The Watchers don't choose who will become the Slayer, otherwise they would have never picked Faith, or indeed Buffy to become a Slayer, when they have people like Kendra who have been trained for their entire lives for the chance to be called.

The Watchers do indeed chosen the slayer.
in every generation there is a chosen one she is the slayer
Buffy wasn't called she was chosen by her Watcher. Faith was summon was Buffy was dead for a mintue. Kendra wasn't a slayer, her mother was. She just kill vampire because a vampire killed her mother, Spike was that vampire.

Like I say, Buffy when down hill after season 6. A slayer isn't a slayer without a Watcher, and only untill a the slayer don't need her Watcher supervision his is no longer her Watcher.

Last edited:
Buffy wasn't called she was chosen by her Watcher. Faith was summon was Buffy was dead for a mintue. Kendra wasn't a slayer, her mother was. She just kill vampire because a vampire killed her mother, Spike was that vampire.

Really?

I thought Buffy dies - Kendra becomes a slayer - Kendra dies - Faith becomes a slayer.

And I didn't know Spike killed her mother. Where's this said? :?

Yes they do, check the ANGEL timeline.

No. The Shadow Men created the first Slayer. The line then transferred automatically to another girl in the next generation.

The Watchers do indeed chosen the slayer.

See above.

Seriously, have you ever watched this show?

Kendra WAS a Slayer. Spike killed Principal Woods' mother, not Kendra's mother. There were three whole episodes in Season 2 of Buffy that CATAGORICALLY state that Kendra was a Slayer. When they meet Faith in season 3 they also mention she must have been called when Kendra died.

Buffy wasn't called she was chosen by her Watcher.

Buffy was visited by her Watcher after she was called. If you have ever watched the damn show you might have heard that phrase "Into every generation a Slayer is born." Not picked out of a line by the Watcher.

Another example of a Slayer being called and not given a badge and gun by the Wathers Council. Fray. There WERE no sane watchers in that world to give her magic powers. The next part of my argument is in spoiler tags so as not to ruin it for those who might read it.
She was born as a twin. She was given the strength and skill. Her weaker brother was born with the slayer prophetic dreams. If your incorrect theory was true, then they would not have split the power like that.

Don't come out with 'Fray isn't canon'. It was written by Joss Whedon. Of course it is canon.

Last edited by a moderator:
The more I think about it, the more fun it would be to try and create an exhaustive Whedonverse timeline, reconciling all of the TV shows, Books, and Comics with each other, complete with episode, issue, and novel citations.

This would cover Buffy, Angel, and Fray.

Of course, I might aslo go insane like DiB :shock: ...maybe this summer.

Latest posts

Back